How do i get resource packs to work

Discuss your Texture Packs here!

Post Permalink
by nicolink » 7/1/2013

How do i get resource packs to work? The only question! Resource packs are not in a mod- they are in minecraft 1.6.1.

Help out this cute egg by clicking on it!
Level 25
Expert Grump
Minecraft: nicolink
mc_server: The L33T

Post Permalink
by TheShadbusher » 7/1/2013

I'm pretty sure they work just like texture packs, but I'm no expert on it.
Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity. - 1 Timothy 4:12

Level 22
Expert Engineer
Says: It just so happens that I'm wrestling with my status, I'm trying to see me like He do, not focusing on this madness
Minecraft: TheShadbusher
mc_server: muricagaming.com

Post Permalink
by KyleUMHi » 7/1/2013

All you have to do is DOWNLOAD a resource pack then drop it into the resource packs file. Simple as that!
Level 17
Journeyman Pokemon

Post Permalink
by iDogftw » 7/1/2013

TheShadbusher wrote:I'm pretty sure they work just like texture packs, but I'm no expert on it.
It is the same way you are right btw does anyone wanna help with mine?
Level 1
New Crafter

Post Permalink
by Famousie0 » 7/1/2013

well download the resource pack you want then go to %appdata% then minecraft then resource packs then drag and drop the resource pack you want in the resource packs folder then go in minecraft go to options then resource packs in game then click the one you want.
Click the squid egg and defeat Sky army!ImageImageImageHelp me raise my Shinx http://pokefarm.org/_ext/PDur0DuD2GR~ ImageHelp me [/img][/url]ImageImage[img][img]<a%20href="http://www.danasoft.com"><[img][/img]
Level 8
Apprentice Dragon

Post Permalink
by Astrian » 7/1/2013

There's a new folder in the .minecraft called resource packs, just drag and drop.
If you're asking how to convert a 1.5.2 texture pack to a 1.6.1 resource pack, that's a whole nother story.

First of all, when you click to go into the resource pack folder there should be a few things there.
1. Assets folder: (has all the sounds and textures)
2. pack.mcmeta: (description of the resourcepack, MUST BE IN THERE TO WORK)
3. pack.png: (The picture that shows when you are selecting a resourcepack)
Hope that helps, also they renamed a whole bunch of items and blocks in the texture folder, so I had to do a lot of renaming for the texture pack that i've been working on, that could also be the problem
Level 30
Artisan Pony

Post Permalink
by nicolink » 7/1/2013

famousi0 wrote:well download the resource pack you want then go to %appdata% then minecraft then resource packs then drag and drop the resource pack you want in the resource packs folder then go in minecraft go to options then resource packs in game then click the one you want.

I tried all of these suggestions but they dont work! NOTE: I made the resource pack, it wont appear in the resource pack library

Help out this cute egg by clicking on it!
Level 25
Expert Grump
Minecraft: nicolink
mc_server: The L33T

Post Permalink
by Famousie0 » 7/1/2013

nicolink wrote:
famousi0 wrote:well download the resource pack you want then go to %appdata% then minecraft then resource packs then drag and drop the resource pack you want in the resource packs folder then go in minecraft go to options then resource packs in game then click the one you want.

I tried all of these suggestions but they dont work! NOTE: I made the resource pack, it wont appear in the resource pack library

huh. well im guessing that you already have the resource pack downloaded since you made it (obviously) so try going ingame and going to options the resource packs. you should see a button called "Open resource pack folder". click that. then drag your resource pack in there. the reasion i say that is because i have two .minecraft folders for some odd reason (i think i messed sometinhg up O.o) so i have to drag my mods into the bin in one .minecraft folder and then maps and texture packs into the saves and texturepacks folder in another .minecraft folder. its wierd maybe you have the same problem =/
Click the squid egg and defeat Sky army!ImageImageImageHelp me raise my Shinx http://pokefarm.org/_ext/PDur0DuD2GR~ ImageHelp me [/img][/url]ImageImage[img][img]<a%20href="http://www.danasoft.com"><[img][/img]
Level 8
Apprentice Dragon

Post Permalink
by Odie1008 » 7/1/2013

RESOURCE PACKS MUST BE EXTRACTED TO A NON-ZIP FOLDER enjoy ;)
Level 3
Apprentice Pokemon

Post Permalink
by Astrian » 7/1/2013

nicolink wrote:

You're missing the pack.mcmeta file
IDK how to makeone cuz im lazy and it doesn't work on my computer, just find another resource pack and extract their pack.mcmeta and put it next to the assets folder
Level 30
Artisan Pony

Post Permalink
by iDogftw » 7/1/2013

Level 1
New Crafter

Post Permalink
by Unknown1001 » 7/1/2013

Ive got the same thing, I believe its how resource packs are set up, but when you go to put it on, the default texture pack is the only one there. I was testing it with WINRAR and unzipped folders too, but it wasent changed, since I just made it a default texture pack but renamed it 'test'. nothing works! :( defaults not bad tho..
Level 7
Apprentice Miner

Next

Return to Texture Packs