How to give users World Edit for 5 mins when voting?

Xeron's Avatar Xeron4/21/14 7:12 am
1 emeralds 1.7k 16
4/21/2014 9:57 am
Jeffrey7747's Avatar Jeffrey7747
Hello,

you may be wondering why I'm making this post.
I have a server where anyone can join, and its a plot me server. The aim of the server, is to make a gigantic city, we released 3 days ago - we're slowly gaining players, but I need a way to get even more. I decided to add votifier, but since its creative they can't really gain anything - I decided I wanted to give them World Edit for 5 minutes, or a certain amount of times they can use world edit for each vote they do. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks,

Xeron
Xeron
Level 38 : Artisan Blob

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/21/2014 9:57 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Artist
Jeffrey7747
Xeron
Jeffrey7747
Silvania Studios
If your heart is set on the worldedit idea though;
- Get MagicSpells
- Get a plugin which gives items on vote (EDIT: Votifier does this)
- Make a spell which gives temporary worldedit permission node (EDIT: Using some kind of timer plugin together with PEX, which issues a server command on activation and issues another command after 5 minutes, like "/pex user <name> group set <name>" for 5 minutes)
- Give a tome with that spell on vote (EDIT: Let votifier give you this tome somehow)
- Upon using the tome, they activate the node and get WE for 5 minutes

Have you tried this?

I can't develop plugins so I wouldn't know how to do that

Well, you are not developing a plugin here. These plugins already exist, and you only need to configure them to get them working. If you cannot configure plugins to your liking, it is better to either step down as a server owner, or get someone who can configure plugins.
04/21/2014 9:53 am
Xeron
Jeffrey7747
Silvania Studios
- Get MagicSpells
- Make a spell which gives temporary worldedit permission node (EDIT: Using some kind of timer plugin together with PEX, which issues a server command on activation and issues another command after 5 minutes, like "/pex user <name> group set <name>" for 5 minutes)
- Give a tome with that spell on vote (EDIT: Let votifier give you this tome somehow)

Have you tried this?

I can't develop plugins so I wouldn't know how to do that
04/21/2014 9:41 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Artist
Jeffrey7747
Silvania Studios
- Get MagicSpells

Have you tried this?
04/21/2014 9:41 am
Level 27 : Expert Taco
experttacobear
I believe GroupManager has something like this.
04/21/2014 9:42 am
Xeron
I use pex, I know that there is a command to do it and I know what the command is but the plugin breaks when I add that command for voting? Help please
04/21/2014 9:40 am
Xeron
Anyone?
04/21/2014 8:52 am
Xeron
It doesn't work! I've never set up notifier before but what I did was I got GAListener and notifier, added everything to PMC which works fine. If I leave GAListener as it is, it works perfectly with /vote and everything. But if I add /pex user >user< timed add worldedit.* 300 it stops working completely! What am I doing wrong?
04/21/2014 7:28 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Engineer
vampirate07
Platos/xeron, will i still have WE or do i have to also vote( im a pro rank)
04/21/2014 7:22 am
Xeron
Silvania Studios//replacenear 1 46 50

Bye bye server!

Unless you configure it very well, worldedit is dangerous in any untrusted players hands.

What I did with my old creative server (and this worked very well) was I had Towny on. Players used Towny to protect the land they're building on, and used the economy to expand said land. Every day they came on got them money, voting got them money, and they would pay each other to help build each others things.

The server was completely packed for the 3-4 weeks I ran it, but I just get bored of creative so quickly. Economy on a creative server can work beautifully though

I have plotme plugin, so grieifing isn't a problem! The PlotMe plugin made it so you can only use wand in your own plot, unless you have admin! I'd rather give them wand to speed up the process
04/21/2014 7:21 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc337468
[deleted]
04/21/2014 7:22 am
Xeron
Oh really? That should work, thanks a lot!
04/21/2014 7:30 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc337468
[deleted]
04/21/2014 7:19 am
Level 88 : Elite Modder
Fureniku
//replacenear 1 46 50

Bye bye server!

Unless you configure it very well, worldedit is dangerous in any untrusted players hands.

What I did with my old creative server (and this worked very well) was I had Towny on. Players used Towny to protect the land they're building on, and used the economy to expand said land. Every day they came on got them money, voting got them money, and they would pay each other to help build each others things.

The server was completely packed for the 3-4 weeks I ran it, but I just get bored of creative so quickly. Economy on a creative server can work beautifully though

- Get MagicSpells
- Get a plugin which gives items on vote
- Make a spell which gives temporary worldedit permission node
- Give a tome with that spell on vote
04/21/2014 7:19 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Ranger
ProximityMC
Without getting a custom plugin to do this then it's impossible
04/21/2014 7:16 am
Level 43 : Master Pokemon
Jacob Rigoberto
Not as I know.. Well, you could give them the permission to use world edit, and then automaticly remove it after 5 min. It must be possible, I have seen something like it...
Let me see..
04/21/2014 7:17 am
Xeron
I want it done automatically though.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome