How has minecraft changed your life for the better...

craftergurl's Avatar craftergurl4/21/16 5:28 pm
1 emeralds 5.3k 91
6/3/2016 9:39 pm
Rio Elle's Avatar Rio Elle
It has made me much better at doing math because of doing rotations with world edit how did it help you?
craftergurl
Level 33 : Artisan Princess

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/03/2016 9:39 pm
Level 20 : Expert uwu
Rio Elle
minecraft. without minecraft i probably would not have spent something like maybe 3k hours on my computer in the last year and 9 months. with minecraft though, i've made so many friends, i have a legit job that's way better than mcdonalds, and i'm getting interested in computer sciences. and things like java and php, i have a basic understanding of those too. i'm socially awkward irl, i cringe at the thought of talking to someone i don't know, but i have so many online friends it's just way better xD
06/03/2016 9:09 pm
Level 25 : Expert Prince
astrashira
It helped me with my social anxiety
I used to fear talking to strangers a.k.a someone I've been trying to be friends with.
I used to be alone so it helped me find friends.
06/03/2016 8:30 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Warrior
Narnian Dryad
Minecraft helped me a lot with my boredom, lemme give you a true example:
I love to read, and still do, but Before Minecraft, I would order a ton of books from the library, but my library is REALLY SLOW so I have to wait like a week for the holds to get to get to the library .So b4 MC I would mope around the house SUPER BORED. Now, I get like 10 books at the library, read 'um all in a day or two, then I can go on minecraft in my free time while waiting for my next load of books to arrive!!!
Click to reveal
(and I mean real books, not comics or short stories or something, I read really fast xD )
06/03/2016 7:39 pm
Level 25 : Expert Zombie
Halorules555
It was actually a big turn in gaming for me. I've spent most of my life on consoles (like the good old Xbox and PlayStation 2) and never had an internet connection on them. Minecraft introduced me to the worlds of both online and PC gaming. So yeah, it was actually a really important part of my life.
06/03/2016 7:00 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Pirate
LCD75
I met most of my online friends through it.

Whether this was for the better or worse is morally debatable. I'd say for the better but i have questionable morals
06/03/2016 5:12 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
Aleja
after two years of having to deal with tons of morons, I can win nearly any debate. xd
06/03/2016 4:10 pm
craftergurl
thanks for your response
06/03/2016 1:01 am
Level 23 : Expert System
b7e
It hasn't. It never will. The next time I will play it, the world will receive grand equality.
05/31/2016 5:34 pm
craftergurl
Rossky
Eossky, I feel that building by hand is better then using world edit but I do use some world edit to finish a build

Better? Why? Worldedit saves time, that's all.
thank you for sharing that Rossky and world edit is a good tool especially on a creative server:)
05/30/2016 10:02 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Paladin
Rossky
Eossky, I feel that building by hand is better then using world edit but I do use some world edit to finish a build

Better? Why? Worldedit saves time, that's all.
05/29/2016 10:11 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Network
TypicalTrashcan
Minecraft did do much good and bad things to my life. A couple pros is that i've met people that are totally amazing, and it sucks that they are somewhere else in the world, and it gives me something to do. Also helped my art skills and confidence a lot.

A con is that i've become more distant and shut-down in real life. Its kind of a problem because I do love my family very much, but then I don't wanna do anything and just play minecraft all day until its time for bed.

InternetDoesChangePeopleALot.png
05/29/2016 4:40 pm
Level 26 : Expert Artist
Lepidus_
As one such as myself trying to be an entrepreneur and/or freelancer, it has helped me in the building department. I have been able to learn due to clients coming to me and wanting products, on how the business cycle works. Definitely will be applying this to an outside job later on!
05/29/2016 3:59 pm
Level 43 : Master Engineer
mick_the_mine
minecraft teached me the very basics of programming and computers, this have been the gate for me to get and programming education, they saw what ive allready learnt and i got in
05/29/2016 2:50 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Cutlass70
I mostly play creative, or survival with a focus on building. Minecraft actually got me more friends. Also, it was a stepping stone toward architecture and 3D modeling.
05/21/2016 12:14 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Paladin
Rossky
I'm playing minecraft because it offered an easy and fun way to (sometimes together with others) express creativity. I wasn't good enough at drawing to be able to do that and didn't have any skills or software to create 3D models. Minecraft was easy to get into and with enough time and dedication, it gave me a way to create almost anything I wanted.

Sadly, it has become a terrible chore to build. There is only so much you can do to speed up the creation of something in minecraft. Sure, mods and plugins and experience help a lot but you're still gonna be placing blocks by hand if you want your creation to look somewhat decent. I spent 6 MONTHS worth of free time on my latest project... was ist worth it? Absolutely not. While I really really wanted to start, finish and share it, it was more about finally getting it done than to get the idea of it out of my head in a creative way.

Now I'm here, 1581 days after creating a PMC account and getting into creative building, slowly getting bored and asking myself how much other things I could've done in that time. While other people advanced their artistic skills and will now go and study in those fields, I'm a laughingstock who can't even call himself a voxel artist without getting called out on it, because I am not.
05/29/2016 1:17 pm
craftergurl
Eossky, I feel that building by hand is better then using world edit but I do use some world edit to finish a build. You are invited to my creative server where you will have all of the tools necessary to add/expand plots and get assistance from staff. the owners back up the server daily so nothing will ever be lost and will world edit your build back is you ever need. Please check out my creative server on IP: Catscraft.net and with a schematic you can even move your build there if you want so it would be on 2 servers just in case the server it is on ever closes but no worries catscraft wont close its been up for years and is a growing server
05/20/2016 10:32 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Raulzus
It ruined my grades while I was a freshman and a sophomore so definitely not.

I used to play on pvp servers in multiplayer all the time a couple years ago and despite it making me salty as hell, I played it anyways.

I'm now close to graduating but I don't play Minecraft as much and don't play multiplayer anymore.

Instead, I will just occasionally create a singleplayer world and play with some mods then quit playing a few weeks later.

I just don't get that same childlike wonder that I felt when I started playing it back in 2011.
05/16/2016 9:10 am
Level 42 : Master Slime Tamer
Bladeztothex
Got to say I believe Minecraft changed my life without it I'd probability have about half the friends I currently have and probability not watch as much youtube.
In short I would have been a heck of a lot more productive.
05/20/2016 8:12 pm
craftergurl
double the friends is a good thing
05/16/2016 5:12 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Network
TheAquarius
Minecraft has been an amazing influence for me, it has inspired me to develop servers and websites aswell!
If it wasn't for Minecraft I would still be gaming on XBOX.
05/14/2016 11:59 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Farmer
AdamStormCloak
whenever i stopped playing minecraft, i had a better life. Since I actually met friends in the real world which we did tons of stuff together.
05/15/2016 6:11 pm
craftergurl
so are you saying that sometimes it it good to take a break from the game?
05/09/2016 8:36 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Artist
WarmOrangeJuice
got me closer with my cousin
05/14/2016 11:18 am
craftergurl
yes it does bring brothers and sisters and cousins closer together especially if they live at a distance from each other because they still get to chat and share in building. Good point!
05/06/2016 7:30 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
SamnaPlays
Because of Minecraft I got into Anime from a girl I met on a random server, and thanks to anime I got to meet my 2 best friends Kami and Kat <333
05/06/2016 7:08 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Spider Rider
InfamousArgyle
I got minecraft because I was kinda having a crappy time in my life lol x.x
Yes, if you aren't good at time management, minecraft can spoil a lot of your free time. But that's the same with any game, hobby, or pastime.
Minecraft has definitely forced me to give more thought about how things are spatially organized. In organizing my big builds, I have studied architectural styles and techniques and had quite a blast doing it. I got to learn a lot about how to use FTP, remote desktop, and command/terminal prompts for windows and linux.
I've made a lot of neat friends, both young and old, and all of my minecrafting has been one helluva adventure.
So I guess it's been kinda worth it. Best $26 dollars I've ever spent on a game that I've been playing for 3.5ish years now.
05/09/2016 8:23 pm
craftergurl
It is the best game
05/06/2016 6:36 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
clockworkmagic
I struggle a lot with depression/suicidal thoughts, and I know it sounds kind of silly, but Minecraft gives me something to look forward to every day when I wake up. It gives me an end goal: if I do all of my work, I get to play. If I wake up tomorrow, I get to play. I haven't been playing that much lately due to a great deal of school work/finals that are coming up, but I still manage to get on for 20-30 minutes a day and it really does make me happy. Because of these little bursts of happiness, I'm starting to become happier in general:)
05/06/2016 4:29 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
Minecraft changed my way of thinking, and my way of life for the better:

Before Minecraft I would usually think about myself as being a quite kid, who on the inside was a jerk. I hung out with the wrong people, I did the wrong things.

Then when I had been playing Minecraft for a while and started discovering PlanetMinecraft a guy from Holland named Blair contacted me on Skype, and he was from PMC too, and told me he loved my pixel art.

We essentially became friends, and I kinda stopped having any friends in real life because Blair told me to think of more then what is possible. Essentially he got me into building on Minecraft and he was always there for me.

Around the middle of 6. grade in school I was becomming okay with building, though I got an unusual call from Blair telling me to never contact him again. A few days later I got a call from the Police saying that Blair had commited suicide.

At that point in my life everything became a black hole, and I couldn't get up from the bottom. Essentially Minecraft helped me climb up again, and I made a promise in Blairs name to become more then a good builder. Not one of the best, but one of the builders who can nearly build anything by just thinking of it.

Today I am still reaching for that goal, which is also the reason I don't always upload that much. The thing is: I don't actually have any friends, but Minecraft gave me a Best friend and I will most likely keep trying to reach that goal.
05/06/2016 4:01 pm
craftergurl
That is so nice to hear ty for sharing that thomas
05/06/2016 9:24 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer
Fliip
I still have a friend i met online.

RIP BLAIR :'(
05/06/2016 1:00 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Warrior
lowkeyloki112
Around the time I started playing minecraft I had no friends, suffered from depression and felt like I was going nowhere in life. But when I started playing minecraft I met someone on a factions server who completely changed my life, and even though we can't talk anymore, they had become probably one of the best friends I ever had in my entire life and always made me so happy when we talked. That was roughly 4 years ago. Over time I met a lot of really amazing people through that game, and it's how I spend time with all my long distance friends.
05/03/2016 7:03 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Architect
NekoThePrincess
Gave me skills to create things on the spot be better at my mental math especially
05/03/2016 4:45 pm
Level 29 : Expert Explorer
prototype464
Minecraft helped me with my 8s times tables. I can do 8 x 8 in the blink of an eye!
05/03/2016 4:52 pm
Level 23 : Expert Dolphin
EmeraldEclipse
Ha, same.
04/30/2016 1:28 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
animalcrazy321
It helped me to connect with friends more, and also acts as a mood boost whenever I feel down.
05/01/2016 7:11 pm
craftergurl
thanks for sharing that
04/28/2016 1:17 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Minecraft brought me here and I met so many wonderful people. I've never had a whole lot of friends, but thanks to Minecraft I know a ton of awesome people that I admire and respect a lot.

One of my best friends was someone I met playing Minecraft. I was trying to build an underwater house and failing and then I realized we'd set up our base almost on top of each other. I asked to say in his house for the night and we're still friends and play tons of other stuff together 6 years later.
04/28/2016 9:26 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Narwhal
Existential
I agree, most of my best friends are people I met online
04/27/2016 3:42 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Artist
DepthStrider
Try new things. Skinning, building, pixel art, modelling (art related) as well as "socializing" (online communities). Lastly creativity and problem solving (survival and command blocking).
04/27/2016 10:43 am
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
Punkamoar
Minecraft essentially got me into gaming. I grew up playing video games, but MC was the first (and still the only PC game) that I spent hundreds of hours playing. That's not exactly a good thing though...

It also introduced me to PlanetMinecraft, where I met a bunch of really awesome people, which is a good thing.
04/27/2016 10:39 am
Level 44 : Master Architect
tobbestark
After I found out that the cake was a lie, Minecraft helped me conquer my depression as I really worked hard to get the cake
04/27/2016 10:27 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Meme
CroatiaTheMan
There is no "For The Better"
04/27/2016 10:09 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Artist
MoonbowMercury
It's taught me a lot about myself. What kind of art I like, what it takes for me to motivate myself... things of that nature.
I've also learned a lot about making good-looking images from my many failed attempts at making resource packs.
04/26/2016 10:12 pm
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
JozyP
LeeTheENTP
DivinesauceI've made new friends; it's a great conversation piece and I think the Minecraft community in general is great.

The people here on this site, sure. But in my opinion, a good majority of the community is pretty toxic.

Agreed.
04/26/2016 10:04 pm
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
JozyP
Mathematics, reasoning online, online safety, online communications practice, online popularity, quick ways to moderate paying jobs.
04/26/2016 9:32 pm
Level 23 : Expert Dolphin
EmeraldEclipse
It introduced me to the world of video gaming, and also made it easier for me to picture 3D spaces in my head. You could also say that skinning has made me a slightly better artist.
04/26/2016 8:50 pm
Level 20 : Expert Dragonborn
finlay10000
TBH, Minecraft has changed alot of people's lives, even the lives of those who don't relate or have anything to do with it. People use it for architecture (irl), they use it in schools for things like teamwork and teambuilding, co-operation, it brings people close and gives something to do. It helps the brain in some cases, you make new friends and it can bring you into the world of gaming if you haven't been introduced yet or enough. But most importantly.... It's a damn well good time waster...
04/26/2016 3:39 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Crafter
Finsh_
Minecraft has had a big influence on my life.
I found a lot of my IRL (and Internet) friends on Minecraft and they're some of the best people I know. I also found my current partner on Minecraft, not bad :p.

Minecraft has also allowed me to become closer to my already existing friends who played Minecraft with me.

But eh, I've spent way too long on some servers. On one server I have over 1000 hours and on my own server I have over 2000 hours.
It's a mixed batch but overall I'm a lot happier and a lot saner than I would be if I never saw Minecraft
04/26/2016 8:29 pm
craftergurl
That is Awesome! thanks for sharing
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome