How to let my parents let me buy GTA IV?

EndermanAssassin's Avatar EndermanAssassin8/13/13 11:12 pm
1 emeralds 4.9k 285
8/16/2013 8:57 pm
Korigon's Avatar Korigon
Hello, I have a dilemma. I really, and I mean REALLY want GTA IV. My parents have let me buy M-rated games in the past (I have SA right next to me here on my desk) but they might've changed their minds. One of the big things is a little story:

Click to reveal
I often times watch TV in my room before going to sleep. One night I went to MTV for Ridiculousness and fell asleep, by the time my mom came over to turn off the TV, something like Wild'n Out or Jersey Shore must have been playing as when I woke up in the morning she was complaining to me that they were talking about sex and drugs and all sorts of stuff on the TV and was saying that I need to get off that station. I (tried to) explain it to her that I didn't watch those types of shows and that I only watched it for the "clip show" (Ridiculousness). She got on to my dad's case and now I'm sort of stuck

My dad also said that I wasn't "mature enough" for the game (I'm under 18, not saying exactly how old in case of pedos)

Please could somebody give me a starting point to where I can develop a plan to convince my parents to let me buy GTA IV! I just want a better GTA.The latest one I have is friggin' San Andreas!

P.S. I also plan on paying 100% for the game and have no siblings

EDIT: another very big detail :

Click to reveal
Me and my dad share the same laptop. A few years back he went to a community college to study for accounting (we're fine, thank you) and had to install a program called QuickBooks. Now, whenever he boots up Windows Excel (he keeps track of a budget) it says he has to run QuickBooks.exe even though he uninstalled it and has already finished the class. One of my uncles (best in the family with computers) gave him a website where he could clean the registry on the laptop. However, my dad wants to back everything up to a separate hard drive in case something happens. Once he does that, he'll run the registry cleaner, and it (hopefully) should be fixed. Then I probably could start doing stuff like installing Steam (!) and getting WillowTree for Borderlands. There's only one problem, he hasn't "found time" to do all this, even though he sometimes goes outside to work in 95 degree heat for 5-6 hours a day changing 1 little thing in our garden. So actually, he has plenty of time. Anyway, that's the only floodgate leftt.

NOTE:NOT PIRATING.EVER.
EndermanAssassin
Level 11 : Journeyman Hunter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/16/2013 8:57 pm
Level 27 : Expert Network
Korigon
Locked: If your parents tell you no then the answer is no.
08/16/2013 8:52 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Toast
GG50
While is this thread still active?
08/16/2013 7:59 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Pixel Painter
TheMCBros99
If he started a threat with this name, he isnt mature enough...
08/16/2013 7:56 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Engineer
Rawwk
Just be like.

"Please buy me GTA IV because I'm not a stupid idiotic teenager like most of this generation. I won't go out and kill strangers, steal cars, or jump off buildings because I have a sense of mind that won't go corrupt after playing video games. I am mature enough."
08/16/2013 7:51 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
mattmatt2233
if your buying it on Xbox get them to take you to get get Microsoft points and by it on the Xbox live marketplace other than that your not getting it..
08/16/2013 7:43 pm
Level 28 : Expert Dragon
Miukicat
Just wait six or four or how ever many years to buy the next GTA game, if your parents don't want you to have it, they don't want you to have it. Just play the old one I guess.
08/16/2013 7:34 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Skinner
VFXminer
it's parental discretion, it isn't against the law in the us but it's up to the parent to decide
08/16/2013 7:23 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Engineer
NuclearManx
Anyway, if you're not 17, you can't buy it. As far as I know, it's illegal to bypass laws. They are there for a reason, and when you're older and more mature, you will thanks your parents for not letting you have it.
08/16/2013 7:28 pm
Level 23 : Expert Dragonborn
Dohvakiin
Tell that to every 11 year old on playing M rated games. ;P
08/16/2013 7:31 pm
NuclearManx
It's because parents are getting slack on little spoilt brats wanting M games. (I think I just made 90% of all mc players angry with me.
08/16/2013 7:19 pm
NuclearManx
If your mummy and daddy say no, that's the answer. You don't want to turn into George Zimmerman, right?
08/16/2013 7:36 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
master3019
Really? George Zimmerman is the thug now? George Zimmerman helped a family in a car crash, I don't think these games teach you that.

On topic: When I want something, I have to rise to meet my parents expectations. So, do something the exceeds your average behavior. That's probably the easiest way. If they have high feelings for you, just wait for a moment when they're happy, and then strike.
08/16/2013 7:41 pm
NuclearManx
Sorry, I was just upset when seeing these kinds of threads. I think it is sad that kids resort to posting on minecraft fan site forums, because they want a game that they are not allowed. And yeah, George Zimmerman is a thug. He shot a black person for walking down a street, then got let off without prsecution, and Obama even admitted he was upset with the result.
08/16/2013 7:14 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Pony
bloodie
there's something called a mysterious -no- WHERE YOU GET THINGS FOR FREE if you go there don't say i didn't warn you about the ads because i didn't
08/16/2013 7:08 pm
GG50
GTA IV isn't even that fun. . .
08/16/2013 7:13 pm
Level 43 : Master Miner
Team Vindicta
In your opinion.
08/16/2013 7:18 pm
GG50
A fair point. I just don't think it's worth all this hassle is all.
08/16/2013 6:26 pm
Serilex
Here's how I would get it:

Tell them all your friends have it and they need to give you a little bit more freedom. Also say that the game isn't that violent, there's just a couple swear words here and there so the game-makers put it on M. Tell them your willing to pay for it yourself.

If that doesn't work, go wreckless mode and buy it yourself!
08/16/2013 6:19 pm
TheMCBros99
Yes,
08/16/2013 5:19 pm
TheMCBros99
WRONG LITTLE BOY.

GMOD IS THE BEST.
08/16/2013 5:40 pm
EndermanAssassin
Do you have proof from a credited source?
08/16/2013 6:24 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Sus
shinadafan2012
[yt]wB2u0NQymWU[/yt]

That is all.
08/16/2013 6:30 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Dragonborn
Floppypancake31
Just get over it... Your parents wont let you buy it, so just don't buy it. Who cares? It one game. If you're to scared to give out your age because of "Pedos 'n' stuff" then obviously the game isn't for you.
08/16/2013 5:29 am
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Meme
VeryMadCrafter
Okay. Maybe they won`t buy you it beacuse you have San Andreas and Vice city. They think that`s enough. You can do nothing about it then.
08/15/2013 11:52 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Neptonic
Get Gmod.

Boom.

It's a sandbox. It has a ingame console that uses Lua. It has many multiplayer gamemodes. It doesn't even have a rating.

It's like GTA but better
08/16/2013 10:28 am
EndermanAssassin
It's essentially a half life 2 mod which is M-rated
08/15/2013 9:29 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Engineer
Bbaronx
you can get the game on a disk for pc,xbox 360,and ps3 at walmart,gamestop,and gamestop respectively unless you can't use the pc at all and you don't have the above systems....

and off topic... why would deleting your registry fix the computer? that is basically where every path on your computer is from my understanding and editing it is usually not recommended...(correct me if i am wrong, this is just my VERY basic understanding of the registry)
08/15/2013 9:49 pm
EndermanAssassin
Don't have systems, and the site for the registry is trusted
08/15/2013 8:56 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Engineer
Bbaronx
i thought you said you had m rated games?... so how is JC2's M rating a problem? compared to gta jc2 is saintly.
08/15/2013 8:59 pm
EndermanAssassin
Please read the edit
08/15/2013 8:55 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Dolphin
notnobody
"I won't give out my age because pedos n' stuff"

Nobody can do anything with just your age. If you are actually refraining from saying your age for such a ridiculous reason the game isn't for you.

GTA = Mass murder, heavy use of drugs/alcohol, very strong language, sexual themes/nudity.
08/15/2013 7:00 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
just get over it your parents said no...thats their decision..
08/15/2013 6:40 pm
TheMCBros99
So stuborn.
You
Ain't
gettin
it
08/15/2013 5:09 pm
EndermanAssassin
Eco212
EndermanAssassin
Cyco_GamerIf your looking for a sandbox game, get Just Cause 2! Its pretty much the same as GTA! If anything I like it more. There's MUCH more to do. For Example, you can grapple a motor cycle onto a giant plane, and fly threw the beautifle night skies on it

And what is it rated?

15, so I think T.

ESRB?
08/15/2013 4:52 pm
Cyco_Gamer
If your looking for a sandbox game, get Just Cause 2! Its pretty much the same as GTA! If anything I like it more. There's MUCH more to do. For Example, you can grapple a motor cycle onto a giant plane, and fly threw the beautifle night skies on it
08/15/2013 5:16 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Engineer
marrioman13
I too enjoy JC2, but I would compare it to GTA:SA over GTA 4, and yes there are some more things to do with no Cheats/mods, but there's no inbuilt multiplayer and few cheats depending on your platform... I would not choose JC2 over GTA 4

Back to OP, would you not rather wait a few more months and get GTA 5? If you can wait and afford it, then that's the clear answer...
08/15/2013 5:31 pm
EndermanAssassin
I'm more the "gameplay-over-graphics" kind of guy, so even if it's lower graphics, I'd rather play GTA IV or JC2 at high graphics rather than GTA V at medium
08/15/2013 8:46 pm
EndermanAssassin
BTW, JC2 is M-rated
08/15/2013 4:57 pm
EndermanAssassin
And what is it rated?
08/15/2013 4:48 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Senpai
Neroxyl
How old are you?

If you're a bit younger than 15, i can definatelly imagine why your parents'd disagree with this. Throughout the years i've come to understand my parents' view on the mature gaming field, it's simply not meant for a young audience. Avoiding these games made me a decent man. You may ask me why or how i came to this, but simply going online on Call of Duty and hearing some brats swear in words i thought'd have me killed if i'd say them in public.

TL:DR - If your parents dont want you to get it, don't. they know whats best for you.

Now aside from the nagging i may give you another advice if you are playing on a PC.

Yoho ~ yoho the pirate's life is the life for me! seriously, download the game, try it out, if you like it, support the authors and buy it. You can also get a second hand copy through internet if you're really against piracy.

Guess i'm not that good of an influence on kids after all - heh
08/15/2013 4:39 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Cowboy
Star
Why don't you just find a... less violent sandbox game for now and maybe when you're older, your parents might consider buying you it.
08/15/2013 4:41 pm
EndermanAssassin
So what's a good free T-rated to E-rated sandbox game other than Minecraft or Roblox(my current graphics card sadly can't handle Cube World )
08/15/2013 7:53 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Cowboy
Star
Well my brother got Crackdown on the Xbox for free. It's not as violent as GTA, but it has guns and stuff.
08/15/2013 4:32 pm
Level 23 : Expert Dragonborn
Dohvakiin
Guys, seriously, stop bickering. It wont get anyone anywhere.

As to the OP: There have been many suggestions, and I suggest (irony) that you look back at all of them, and choose. Personally, I would choose not to get it, since I would not want to keep bothering my parents about it. It would show how immature I was, and they would not want to get me it even more.
08/15/2013 4:30 pm
EndermanAssassin
@tudorostrich so I'm a noob. So what? It's only a title, it's not like it's part of my official birth name.
08/15/2013 4:03 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Modder
Destian_
why the hell you wan´t GTA IV?
08/15/2013 4:08 pm
EndermanAssassin
I've been stuck with GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas for 2 years
08/15/2013 4:25 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Meme
VeryMadCrafter
Then play Minecraft. It's a cool game about mining and crafting(not only) and can be find in minecraft.net or you can just look it up.
08/16/2013 6:29 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Sus
shinadafan2012
08/15/2013 4:28 pm
EndermanAssassin
aaannnd...... facepalm. Of course I play I Minecraft! Otherwise, I would find this site useless. I 'm just looking for a different sandbox game.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome