How to make a mod?

TheTomahawk's Avatar TheTomahawk7/22/14 5:51 pm
1 emeralds 289 7
7/23/2014 1:11 am
tinfoilboy's Avatar tinfoilboy
First of all, I'm sorry if this is the wrong area to enter this topic. I wasn't sure if I was in this area supposed to put this topic or the modding forums. Anyways, I want to know how to make a mod. I was trying to make a mod that adds a new model for a mob, but I know absolutely nothing about modding.
TheTomahawk
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/23/2014 12:52 am
Level 29 : Expert Engineer
48productions
Making models is pretty complex, especially if you are new to modding. I would recommend that you learn a bit of Java first, and then Google a basic tutorial, such as this one! There are a whole bunch of tutorials out there for you to choose from.

Once you know how to make some of the more basic stuff, then I would go for models!
07/23/2014 1:11 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Dragonborn
tinfoilboy
Models aren't really THAT complex. It's just a few ModelRenderers that have boxes set with a relative position and rotation. In my opinion, if you want to learn how to mod the game (i.e. add new models and such), then look at how Minecraft does it already. If you want your mod to be compatible with other mods, go with Forge, but if you are just learning and want to mess around with the game and aren't planning on releasing your mod, you can stick with editing base classes, but it is still better to learn Forge and stuff as well, as if you want to release mods later on, it will be easy
07/23/2014 12:46 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Taco
Developing_
Hello,

If you are interested in making mods, that requires Java coding. Java can be learned many ways, through a teaching system or an educational process. There are some programs that help you make mods, but that is very unprofessional and will make mods run badly.

If you are interested in java, please visit a school that offers technical education.
07/23/2014 12:07 am
Level 1 : New Miner
TheTomahawk
Does anybody have any links to download those things or a tutorial on youtube?
07/22/2014 6:07 pm
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Programmer
MattsOnMc
If you are wanting to change a vanilla model you will have to start working with at's, asm and reflection

And ovec. Yes java

Good Luck!

youtube.com/thenewboston

youtube.com/scratchforfun
youtube.com/nealegaming
07/22/2014 6:05 pm
Level 27 : Expert Dragonborn
iSayCr4pAlot
Yep. Modding requires java coding.
07/22/2014 6:02 pm
Level 49 : Master Wizard
epicanthony76
I think mob model is different than Java coding. So you have to learn both.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome