How do i Make my server popular?

TimTheEnchanter0's Avatar TimTheEnchanter07/31/14 9:45 am
1 emeralds 1.5k 52
8/1/2014 7:20 pm
SackboyRocks's Avatar SackboyRocks
I have a New server Up called Enchanted Universe And We going good but NEVER get players We have 64 RAM 100% up time and No Lag yet non of them stay on...

Can you help me with this?
TimTheEnchanter0
Level 15 : Journeyman Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/01/2014 7:20 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Waffle
SackboyRocks
Ok I got on a again and no longer spawned at spawn, instead I spawned inside of the ground. There were two people on, obviously vanished since they weren't showing in spawn. They were doing stuff I could tell, but weren't welcoming me back or anything. I went to spawn and tryed to find if there was anything I could do to help. I started hitting the tall grass and could actually break it. I thought I must be lagging so I stopped and the vanished owner tells me to stop is all sarcastic about it.

Think about it for a little bit. Just because you made a new spawn doesn't mean it is going to now be more popular than it was before. There is still nothing to do, no one to play with, no permissions to do anything..
08/01/2014 1:15 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Ranger
Slimecraft101
Main things wrong with the server

1.) there is no Hub because it got greifed since there is no spawn protection!

2.) When I joined nobody welcomed me or said anything to me

3.) I was getting killed by slimes and ran out of sprint

4.) The mods aren't helpful OR nice

5.) There is a number IP, if you're paying for alot of RAM then get a letter IP! They're easier to remember and more proffesional

These are just SOME things wrong

Sorry, but it's the truth
08/01/2014 1:06 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Network
Darthmineboy
1/10 or less... I joined in a flatlands world and there was nothing to do?
08/01/2014 1:04 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Archer
Kettle
I got banned 5 seconds later for telling you the truth about your staff and saying it sucks due to Grace killing me repeatidly.
08/01/2014 1:01 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Archer
Kettle
This server has no players because fo the Immature staff. Sorry to say but Grace is childish and treats everyone like pets. I mean seriously.
08/01/2014 8:25 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
xMrParadox
Okay, so, I logged on, and heres what I got.

- Over 75% of the hub spawn isn't protected, so it can be easily griefed.
- PvP is enabled in the Hub, so players constantly kill eachother.
- You're using MultiVerse instead of BungeeCord.. (Real hubs use that.)
ect.

So yeah...
08/01/2014 8:27 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
thebla100
Yah.. that's exactly what I got.
08/01/2014 8:21 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
thebla100
I just went on, and it was a wreck! The survival spawn wasn't great, and the protection wasn't in regular spawn. Fix that please.
08/01/2014 8:16 am
Level 33 : Artisan Dragonborn
SuperPyroManiac
I spawn in, storm, a bunch of hostile mobs in spawn killing me, then a creeper blows up one of the portals. Protection is on half of the spawn for some reason. Server is extremely laggy.

IMO, looks just like all the other servers on PMC.

First impression is everything, my first impression was: "wow.. They were lazy with this. I could make this in 5 minutes."
08/01/2014 8:09 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Network
MiDShadow
Hate to advertise... but

how-make-good-community-t423197.html
08/01/2014 8:00 am
Level 50 : Grandmaster Waffle
SackboyRocks
Don't go straight into making a hub server. Make one server, get it popular on the lists, then add another server, 1 by 1, or find another popular server to join your network. That is how you grow. I got on and there was no on one except the owner afk, I'm guessing you.

Also I don't have permission to many commands, and I have no idea what to do. There are just these huge mountains and beacons everywhere. I admit it looks pretty good, but I just climbed up the mountains and went out into the flatland world. There is nothing really out there to do.
08/01/2014 7:45 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Cake
Jrcarp
With a hub server it is impossible to get popular unless you do it quickly.
08/01/2014 7:40 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Dragonborn
luigi_vampa
Graft, originality and commitment
08/01/2014 6:46 am
Level 26 : Expert Blockhead
Zlb01
07/31/2014 7:58 pm
TimTheEnchanter0
You can see this on my Server at /warp Hub Post your vote Vote 1 for Keep New Spawn Vote 2 For Needs Work
07/31/2014 7:46 pm
TimTheEnchanter0
I have changed The WHOLE SPAWN with the help of a friend if you could Come and Check it out That would Help Alot!
07/31/2014 1:40 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Dragon
ShadowDestroyer5
My Feedback
I tried out your server and I thought it was interesting.
-I liked that you could press buttons to play music at the spawn.
-You could see command blocks everywhere.
-You could see a ton of Redstone everywhere.
-The spawnpoint is small and hard to navigate.
-There is no guide or any way to figure out what to do without asking.
-The world is superflat
-You can see many ugly structures in the distance from spawn, you should give us a better view, such as some mountains and a waterfall, or something like that.
-You can jump out of spawn, take damage at spawn, and get hungry at spawn.
-There is a lot of lag and that makes the minigame harder.
-The minigame sign says this:

-A few other signs had spelling errors.
-The messages are activated by command blocks, which is an easy fix with plugins.
-When I entered the mob arena, it was very bland. I would expect more obstacles instead of a tiny square room. It makes it much harder since you can't hide behind things (the archer kit is useless), and when it's over, you respawn with many random items. The mobs also seem to come too fast, there's no break between rounds or place to stop and regen.
-The staff made no move to help me, they didn't even say "hi" or "welcome" when I joined.
-The only way to do something is with commands that aren't listed with /help.
-There isn't any currency
-There is join and leave messages in chat
-The ranking system isn't that clear, and also, just a suggestion, maybe you should add a Builder rank to your server so you have have staff fully dedicated to building new things for your server.
-Is this hosted on your computer? It has 20 slots, so I was just curious. If it is, you should switch over to a hosted one.
This is just my opinion, and I don't run a server, so you don't have to trust me.
-Shadow
07/31/2014 12:45 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
fedorablelizard
-no-
07/31/2014 12:41 pm
TimTheEnchanter0
I have Clearly stated that i don't want my server to be like other servers i want it to be different but in a good way
07/31/2014 12:26 pm
TimTheEnchanter0
Well it would be Nice if you were less rude i mean you don't need to make the Worst comments you can come up with
07/31/2014 12:29 pm
Noooob
We're not being rude. You asked how to make your server popular and we gave constructive criticism on why your server is lacking features that other servers have
07/31/2014 12:49 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Artist
BossJordan_g
Not everyone is being rude, but some people are. Saying "Lol you call these minigames" does NOT help anyone out.
07/31/2014 12:16 pm
Noooob
I go on his server to see what's up and see that the spawn is just a flat world and that the "minigames" is just pvp arena. I tell the owner that the lack of players is probably due to that and he bans me. Maybe that's why it's unpopular?
07/31/2014 12:09 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Architect
Animan2
Ok...my opinion..straight and short!
You really need new spawn and that flat world has to go
07/31/2014 12:01 pm
BossJordan_g
Okay everyone, I know you might be letting him know what's wrong with his server, and even if you are angered by the staff, or whatever you didn't like about the server, It's kinda getting out of hand. Y'all are just being kinda rude and harsh now. There's a fine line between constructive criticism and just ripping someone's server.
07/31/2014 11:50 am
TimTheEnchanter0
I would like to point out that It was not Staff that were Rude it was you The server is not for you to come on ant Criticize Everything.
07/31/2014 12:17 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Network
Clydebomb
You are sort of asking us to criticize everything, I mean, we can't judge the server if we don't have any opinion on it.
07/31/2014 11:47 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Narwhal
KansasCityGirl
Your server isn't popular Because when you look outside of spawn all you see is nasty flat land, and then you can even parkour out of the spawn.

Minigames: Lol you call these Minigames?

And finally you make a forum post on how to make your server popular, I join and tell you why its not popular, and you Ban me. Thanks :/

Oh, and don't forget to mention rude staff
07/31/2014 11:16 am
Clydebomb
Okay, after coming on the the server and seeing the hub, I find it ugly (not just the spawn). The server looks like every other server, there is nothing unique about this server. Here is a list of problems I have with it.

• Lacking design, the chat needs to be nicer.
  • Grammer -- The signs looks like they were rushed.
  • As I'm writing this I've been muted on the server for giving a suggestion, being "I suggest you take the server offline, look at what people have said on Planet Minecraft and take what they said and apply it"
  • Unprofessional Staff -- Kicked from server for "Talking Trash", which I was not as I was suggesting they look at Planet Minecraft and apply some of the ideas.
  • Bad Overall -- The server seems to be a mess, the color scheme is bad and overall it's unprofessional.
07/31/2014 11:46 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Spleefer
Bobokins
Spot on. Rude staff, horrid spawn, and the world is super flat...
07/31/2014 11:20 am
Level 21 : Expert Pony
RageLokiCat
I was on for that and the server's point was that you chose the worst possible way of saying it, which came across more as rude then as helpful. But I concede that they, in turn, overreacted.
07/31/2014 11:23 am
Clydebomb
Yes, I probably did come across as rude, not intended. I do stand by my points though.
07/31/2014 11:03 am
RageLokiCat
I kinda feel bad about this, since it's probably against the rules, but I also don't since I've given feedback to both servers that have posted here, but I started a server review blog:

http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/qui ... r-reviews/

I know, you have the right to report me, and I can't complain if I get in trouble, but I think this would help everybody.
07/31/2014 11:00 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
NoahCraftWTF
Thank you Kind Sir my IGN is noah13245768 hope to see you on
07/31/2014 10:59 am
TimTheEnchanter0
The IP to my server is 69.80.113.217
07/31/2014 10:55 am
NoahCraftWTF
What the IP sounds like a bunch of fun!
07/31/2014 10:46 am
RageLokiCat
Cheezbergur11
Adventura44
TimTheEnchanter0I have a New server Up called Enchanted Universe And We going good but NEVER get players We have 64 RAM 100% up time and No Lag yet non of them stay on...

I would love to help! First, though, I need the IP

Just a few things, though- you need to advertise your server. If you are a youtuber / know a youtuber then make/ ask them to make a video of your server (including IP)

Use Planet Minecraft! Use Server Chat to advertise your server/ advertise for staff by the forums- people always love to apply for staff positions- and it will get your name out there (make sure you have staff positions (if only a few) to give away)! Get your server on the 'Servers' section of Planet Minecraft, too.

Start a website for your server (I would be willing to help you with that if you haven't got it sorted already).

Once you have a few members, promos are good. Things like '50% off all ranks' or '$1000 free when you invite a friend to join. Extra $1000 for you both if they join your faction!' (assuming you have factions).

Frequent updates help. Introducing new mini-games etc for the first few months you are up helps to widen your player-appeal.

Hope this helps. PM me if you have any questions- and I would love to help more, I just need that IP!

Not trying to be rude, but some of these things are actually the opposite of what you think.

1) Advertising for Staff by the Forums is actually not a very good idea, since usually people just try to get Staff on servers without going on them. I recommend putting applications on the server's website, so people actually into the server will apply.

2) Really frequent updates will overwhelm players, depending on when you add them. If you have only 1 minigame while most of the time there's only 5 people on the server, it's not a good idea to add more. Also players like updates, but not a new minigame every few weeks.

Like I said, not trying to be rude, just some advice I've had from experience.

I agree, and I have some comments of my own. Adventura44, did you even look for the server and IP? Not a great way to start off trying to look professional when it's already posted on his account. don't use factions, be unique. Factions is dying, no one wants to play that way anymore. Your best bet is to make custom plugins that no one else has, or have them made by someone else. Skip ranks, those push players apart and away from your server, unless ranks are easy to get, in which cases they're worthless anyway. Bonuses for spreading the word is a good idea, but make it special, not just money.
07/31/2014 10:37 am
Level 26 : Expert Toast
Cheezbergur11
Adventura44
TimTheEnchanter0I have a New server Up called Enchanted Universe And We going good but NEVER get players We have 64 RAM 100% up time and No Lag yet non of them stay on...

Just a few things, though- you need to advertise your server. If you are a youtuber / know a youtuber then make/ ask them to make a video of your server (including IP)

Use Planet Minecraft! Use Server Chat to advertise your server/ advertise for staff by the forums- people always love to apply for staff positions- and it will get your name out there (make sure you have staff positions (if only a few) to give away)! Get your server on the 'Servers' section of Planet Minecraft, too.

Start a website for your server (I would be willing to help you with that if you haven't got it sorted already).

Once you have a few members, promos are good. Things like '50% off all ranks' or '$1000 free when you invite a friend to join. Extra $1000 for you both if they join your faction!' (assuming you have factions).

Frequent updates help. Introducing new mini-games etc for the first few months you are up helps to widen your player-appeal.

Hope this helps. PM me if you have any questions- and I would love to help more, I just need that IP!

Not trying to be rude, but some of these things are actually the opposite of what you think.

1) Advertising for Staff by the Forums is actually not a very good idea, since usually people just try to get Staff on servers without going on them. I recommend putting applications on the server's website, so people actually into the server will apply.

2) Really frequent updates will overwhelm players, depending on when you add them. If you have only 1 minigame while most of the time there's only 5 people on the server, it's not a good idea to add more. Also players like updates, but not a new minigame every few weeks.

Like I said, not trying to be rude, just some advice I've had from experience.
07/31/2014 10:32 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
Adventura44

Hope this helps. PM me if you have any questions- and I would love to help more, I just need that IP! I know that these ideas are pretty generalized, but I can't help with any specifics until I've actually been on the server!
07/31/2014 10:25 am
TimTheEnchanter0
We were Recently Hacked and thats why Most signs are Blank (Rollback) But we have recovered and Hope To take your Thoughts into Consiteration
07/31/2014 10:51 am
Clydebomb
Well, that might be a reason, "Hacked".

You say you have no lag? I doubt it. You might be closer to the location where the server is being hosted from than others, so don't say there is no lag. Do you have custom plugins or do you just download ones from the bukkit forums?
07/31/2014 10:15 am
Level 1 : New Warrior
DivinanceMC
I'm having the same problem. My staff are very friendly, I welcome every new player, I have a unique gamemode, and I have custom plugins. I get a fair amount of players each day, but only 2-3 stay.

If anyone would like to go on and give me some constructive criticism, that would be great.

IP: borderclans.mcph.co
07/31/2014 7:53 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Architect
Marthellio
You see, there are tips and trick to advertising, and thats how you keep most players, because theres usually a 1/7 chance a player stays for normal servers :/
07/31/2014 11:31 am
Zeldastone104
Meet me on, I'm generally a good server critic.. also.. at least you dont talk like this: Hi I Am A Guy Who Capitalizes Every Word
07/31/2014 10:53 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
Malorn44
I went on the server and I saw a few things you could use improvements on:

1) Decorate the spawn a bit more. DON'T MAKE IT TOO FLASHY OR OVERWHELMING FOR NEW PLAYERS THOUGH!
2) There is a way to parkour back into spawn right outside of the red team's spawn. Sort of gets rid of the purpose of buying a spawn teleport.
3) Add something about Venom Points in the Help Book. I didn't see it mentioned.
4) Add more things in the Shop. Like swords and tools maybe. So if you're in a battle and say you die you can use your saved up venom points to get some weapons pretty fast.
5) A lot of people have come on but I see there is not a lot of people who stay on. I don't know the reason for that. Maybe while your advertising the server give a clearer description of what new players would expect. You may have less new people coming on but you may also have more people who stay on.
6) Maybe make a way for players to earn perks or slightly higher ranks. (Not Donor Ranks or anything though). This adds a way for players to progress without having to spend money.

Positive:

1) Your staff are very friendly and helpful.
2) You have a very unique survival idea which I find cooler and more organized than factions.
3) The server runs very smoothly. I didn't get any lag.
4) The spawn book is very helpful for new players. Just add in stuff about venom points.
5) I will be coming on in the future a little past mid August (I do have vacation).
07/31/2014 10:07 am
RageLokiCat
I just went on, and I have a bunch of feedback. (You're not going to like it, but it's honest)

Your main hub is pretty ugly, the colors clash too much.
Most of the signs were blank, didn't really help me learn.
The chat is full of console-run messages, annoying.
There were spelling and grammar problems on the few signs I could read.
The ground outside the lobby is covered in redstone stuff, and it looks terrible.
I managed to parkour my way out of the lobby and steal 22.8 stacks of TNT. I think you know why this is a problem.

And that's why people don't play. I don't mean to be hurtful, but it's the truth.
07/31/2014 10:16 am
BossJordan_g
Hey, on the brightside, ^ just told you problems that can fixed, a few steps toward making a great, quality server!
07/31/2014 10:12 am
Level 21 : Expert Dragonborn
Dabeasty
And I am sure there are more reasons...
07/31/2014 10:04 am
TimTheEnchanter0
It is a Hub server With Minigames, Survival, Creative and More Comming Soon!
07/31/2014 9:55 am
TimTheEnchanter0
I have The Best staff in the Game Im on almost all the time and we don't have anything to do such thing.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome