"How Much Can You Donate" On Staff App Fourms.. WHAT IS THIS

joelikeschicken's Avatar joelikeschicken7/7/15 3:46 pm
1 emeralds 258 9
7/7/2015 5:11 pm
OfficiallBlox's Avatar OfficiallBlox
I took a break from PMC and Minecraft and I come back to people asking "How much can you donate to the server" on staff applications. In my opinion, this is disgusting.. If there is someone who can donate $100 and knows NOTHING about minecraft vs someone who couldn't donate but knows a lot the person with the money will get the job SOLELY BECAUSE THEY HAVE MONEY. Please tell me your thoughts below and maybe we can put a end to this on the forums!
joelikeschicken
Level 16 : Journeyman Pony

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/07/2015 5:11 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
OfficiallBlox
Money hungry owners lol
07/07/2015 5:01 pm
Level 23 : Expert Dolphin
EmeraldEclipse
I think money should NEVER influence the being hired for a job. However, Servers aren't cheap, and sometimes, just saying "Donations would be swell" doesn't cut it.
07/07/2015 4:33 pm
joelikeschicken
Anyone else have an opinion that they want to share?
07/07/2015 4:02 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Architect
the adman2315
I think the staff should be based off of tenure and experience not money. I agree
07/07/2015 3:54 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Crafter
DimonusMC
Ya man I agree with you, I don't know why people put that in their applications. They are most likely doing it because they need more help starting a server for the costs but if they don't have enough funding they shouldn't be starting a server in the first place. And I know a lot of people will disagree with me on this but I think staff applications are stupid for players who have never been on your server. I would never have a new person from a forum be a staff member and much rather have a dedicated player who has been playing on my server become a staff member.
07/07/2015 3:52 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
As far as I'm concerned, these kinds of questions should be reported so we can edit them out of the thread at the very least. If the person wants to list donations at the bottom of the thread for people who like the server, then whatever, but asking a question like that on an application makes it sound like the amount donated affects the person's chances of being staff there, which is commercial advertising and not allowed.
07/07/2015 3:55 pm
joelikeschicken
I completely agree.. Im very happy to see a staff member taking notice into this!
07/07/2015 3:52 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Programmer
deadrecon98
I believe that if you can't put $5 into making a starter-server then you don't deserve to have a server.
07/07/2015 3:50 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Pony
Starlight Glimmer
I happen to agree with you
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome