How to Reward Votes on Sites in Vanilla?

avrona's Avatar avrona8/17/16 10:44 am
1 emeralds 242 8
10/9/2016 2:15 am
avrona's Avatar avrona
Is it possible to reward players for voting on sites like PMC? So just votifier, but is it somehow possible in vanilla?
avrona
Level 40 : Master Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/09/2016 2:15 am
avrona
We already converted many features intro vanilla. Anti hack protection, ranks, currency, etc.
08/27/2016 10:29 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Uncharted territory for the most part, bud. You'll have to be the one with the answers unless there's a very silent vanilla owner who just managed to conceive a vanilla server with all the common plugin functions just sitting around and watching.

avronaStill not worth it. There are no server breaking bugs and the fact my server is not survival or creative makes it more unique.

Distinction: Gameplay makes the mode, not the distinction between plugins an vanilla. It's how it plays, not how it's built. A windows 7 made dutifully out of a linux distro that acts like a windows 7 is to people a windows 7, not a special OS in a world of its own to the general public, even if developers appreciate the difference :p

It really is simpler to do the plugin route as the code is very simple to work with comparatively, and that's a fact, but at this point you're in a bit of a unique situation and hitting grounds that few servers have actually hit, which means - carry on .
08/20/2016 4:24 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Cake
carbonawk
You want to give rewards to players, so plugins doing this seem VERY worth it.
Your call, good luck with it.
08/20/2016 9:59 am
avrona
It's not really worth changing it. Too much work for too little benefits. Chaning the server to bukkit/spigot, getting the plugin, setting it up. Plus the server being vanilla acts as another selling point, as it isn't survival or creative.
08/27/2016 4:49 am
Level 39 : Artisan Geek
Aqunity
Honestly i think you should convert to spigot anyways, theres so many bugs on vanilla that people could break stuff with its not worth it. And you keep everything you have anyway when you convert so it does nothing to your server. And it should only take 30 mins to set up GAListener and votifier anyway if you do it the simple way.
08/27/2016 9:09 am
avrona
Still not worth it. There are no server breaking bugs and the fact my server is not survival or creative makes it more unique.
08/20/2016 3:08 am
avrona
They are just not worth getting for my server.
08/19/2016 4:33 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Cake
carbonawk
Even if it is possible. Honestly I don't think anyone would help anyone for free trying to create something like this on vanilla. Why not get plugins?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome