How do you deal with a broken heart?

thetwistedminer's Avatar thetwistedminer5/14/13 9:07 am
1 emeralds 3.8k 155
5/23/2013 11:54 pm
thetwistedminer's Avatar thetwistedminer
Some of you may have read my posts in the past, and I'm sure alot of you will think that I'm pathetic. However, I cant seem to find a way out of this sadness I am constantly feeling.

It all started with a girl. A beautiful girl who I spent almost every waking hour with. Anyone who could see us together would always say we were meant for each other. We were in love, and we weren't afraid to show it.

In early October, I began distancing myself from her. Not because I didnt like her anymore, but because I was going through a rough time in my life and didnt want to drag her down with me. I explained to her, and we broke up with the agreement that we were still in love.

About two weeks passed and I finally got my life sorted out. She had moved with her family about two hours away, so i hopped on a buss and began my journey to see her again. I had spent $5000 on gifts for her and planned the perfect weekend for us to show how much I loved her. To try to make it up to her.

When I arrived in town I made my way to her new home. I knocked on the door and she answered. Before I could talk, I was met with another person. He walked up next to her and she turned quickly and kissed him on the lips.

I was stunned. She had told me she was in love with me, but somehow managed to get over me in a week. I threw my bag of gifts to the ground and dropped the flowers i had bought. I walked away without another word. Later that night I was given the entire story of how they got together, he saw that she was hurting so he used it as an opportunity to ask her out repeatedly until she agreed.

I know i messed up. I know I'm the one to blame. Ever since that day nothing truly good has happened for me. All I want is advice, people keep telling me to move on and find a new girl. Kinda hard to do when I cant find a girl even remotely interested in me. Im not trying to get her back. She clearly doesnt want me anymore and shes happy with him. I just want to know what you think.
thetwistedminer
Level 18 : Journeyman Mountaineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/23/2013 11:45 pm
Level 28 : Expert Artist
TamashiNeko
Not meaning to be rude, but just get over her. I say that because if she can get over you in a week, then she never really loved you. If I were you I would find someone worth loving. Even if she was hurt, I don't think she would fall for him if she really loved you. So... yeah... xD

EDIT: Ik I have already posted my thoughts, but I keep thinking up reasonable reasons.
05/23/2013 11:54 pm
thetwistedminer
Ya im trying to get over her
05/23/2013 11:16 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Dragon
Find Them Creepers
Eat Ice cream, Seems to work for most people.. just don't eat too much
05/23/2013 6:32 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
Kokiboki123
Just make sure you don't get depressed that would lead to large problems
05/23/2013 8:39 pm
thetwistedminer
well I am depressed...Thats already a fact
05/23/2013 8:41 pm
Kokiboki123
Then go to a therapist
05/23/2013 8:49 pm
thetwistedminer
I dont need one. I deal with sadness pretty well. I just cant put up with it too much longer.
05/23/2013 6:28 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Architect
ABlockInPlace
I say good luck to any minecraft player
05/22/2013 11:48 pm
thetwistedminer
Im 18, I realize im still young-ish and i think Im just gonna try to get over her, move on and find a new girl. treat her ten times better and hopefully find love again. for now however youtube is my only release, making videos is just about my only escape from sadness.
05/22/2013 11:41 pm
thetwistedminer
what?
05/22/2013 11:04 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Prince
Summertime
The minute your crush tells you their crush, the irony. I know that my friend liked my crush, but because I ignored the fact I subconsciously got rid of my feelings, and to be honest I feel like there are a few connections with other people that some don't understand. Me and my old crush for example, my friend doesn't really know about Anime so that's how he and I have our connection.
Whenever I have feelings, I quickly remind myself that;
"Imagination is my worst enemy."
05/22/2013 10:55 pm
ABlockInPlace
except ducts
05/22/2013 10:53 pm
Level 40 : Master Artist
Giggimish
Best solution to a broken heart is duct tape.
Duct tape fixes everything.
05/22/2013 10:43 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Network
macgarthur
There is no way to deal with a broken heart, just like there is no way to make concrete cure or paint dry faster, all that will make it better is time.
05/22/2013 10:41 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Giraffe
Snowpalca
#YOLO
05/22/2013 10:10 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
A_J_C
Ima go into same thing soon but me and her are still together and shes moving 2 days away. Im only 12 and shes 11 so idk what to do also
05/22/2013 10:23 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Dragon
Find Them Creepers
12 and 11?
05/22/2013 10:34 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Programmer
Willsr71
Dude were talking people in their 20s...
05/22/2013 10:08 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
ventie81
Yo OP. you said in your OP thatcshe kissed her new boyfriend while you
Were standing at her door right? That proves that she doesnt care about you
I guess you had your first encounter with a golddigger maybe. Anyway like i said earlier, on of these days you start feeling better
05/22/2013 9:56 pm
Level 1 : New Pirate
kamencraft
how do you post one of these post anyway?
private message me the answer if you know.

~Kamen
05/22/2013 9:55 pm
kamencraft
do exactly what that other guy did.

~Kamen
05/22/2013 9:54 pm
kamencraft
just do exactly what that other guy did worked for him, should work for you! hope this works.

~Kamen
05/22/2013 9:48 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Dolphin
Epicmaster075911
get my heart out,fix it,brake it some more
05/22/2013 9:39 pm
ABlockInPlace
Go after her. Remember, You have one life. Make the most of it. It's your choice. Good luck.
05/22/2013 9:17 am
thetwistedminer
Thanks for the advice.
05/21/2013 7:05 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Sinnest
I've never been through a breakup quite like yours, but I can give you this: Find someone worth it. And I know, a million people have probably told you this, but if she can move on in a week then she's not worth the heartbreak, man. Poke around forums, introduce yourself to people, come out of your shell. It might sound hard, but it can keep your mind off the bad things so you can focus on the good stuff in life. Hell, even a long distance relationship could be better if it's more truthful - my boyfriend lives across the country from me and I love him to death. My best advice to you is to find someone you're not afraid to tell your problems, someone who'll help you through the bad stuff and make you happy even when your life goes to the dumps. Cheer up fella. It'll get better.
05/21/2013 7:00 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Pixel Puncher
Nocturnal_Shift
Nect time don't take love so seriously first. You can just take it slow. Date for a few years, ,maybe two. Once you get to know her, give her small tests she won't be suspicious of. When you really trust her, make the move. Just to make sure, don't immediately propose. Just move in with her. See what her lifestyle's like. Then months after you find out everything you need to know about her, you make the move. Love must be truthful. But it takes time.
05/21/2013 6:49 pm
thetwistedminer
I have already explained how I feel.
05/21/2013 2:48 pm
Captain Juicy
The timing with that sucks. But the real problem is that guy, dick move in my opinion. She may just be going through hard times as well with the breakup, and found comfort with that new guy. Write her a letter, explain how you feel.
05/21/2013 2:42 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Engineer
Mick_Vader
Well i normally deal with a broken heart with some moisturizer and a packet of Kleenex... but everyone has their own opinions.
05/21/2013 2:23 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Electrician
RustyTurkeyBrain
Go on holiday with some friends in the summer. It'll show you that you can have a good time and enjoy your live without her and help you move on.
Hope this helps.
05/21/2013 2:19 pm
thetwistedminer
i know
05/21/2013 12:11 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Mage
Ridl3y04
Hey man it wasn't meant to be.so move on and live life
05/21/2013 11:56 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
Defendoncraft
Get some duct tape and put it together
05/21/2013 11:47 am
thetwistedminer
I didn't expect to get so many replies. I was bored and depressed one day so I posted this. Not just for the hell of it but because I figured some people may actually have legitimate advice (which I received). However some people became irritated with this post of mine. They say I should post it on facebook, and tell me that this is not a dating website. I didn't in any case ask for a date did I? FaceBook is were my friends are, none of which have much experience with the subject at hand

I did not make this post in hopes that someone would get banned. I do not wish for hostilities to be exchanged among the people who reply to this post. Now an mod is involved and I would like to thank you for making an attempt at solving the issue.

To those of you who have an issue with this post. Why do you continue to reply? You say how annoying it is, and yet you keep coming back. Before making claims that you are not trolling I would suggest you google it before making assumptions and breaking rules.
05/21/2013 2:34 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Mage
Tutto200
Here's a legitimate advice (I actually mean this): you should see a psychologist. It's surprising really how people think that psychologists are only meant for big things but they're meant for any problem/s you may have.
05/21/2013 9:09 am
Level 31 : Artisan Skinner
AnOldMinecrafter
Went down the heartbreak road recently as well, just do what I did.
Keep going, do what makes you happy, find a hobby (and if you already have one, then keep doing that). Spend time with friends, that's what helped me the most.
All in all just keep going man, heartbreak dies hard but it does die
05/21/2013 9:00 am
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
Facebook is nothing but a stupid newsfeed where no one cares because they know your situation and have biased opinions.

Why do you think i'm suggesting that he (and a lot of other people) post things like this
there?
05/21/2013 7:42 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
P197
Magicman88999
You guys are rude...

[Rolls his eyes]
Oh please. He is stating a fact. It's annoying and facebook is a better place for this.

You, my good sir, are rude.

You can't disagree though. You have to admit that it's really annoying, considering the amount of posts about "Young love". And seriously? This guy spent $5,000 on a girl that he loves, and he's (probably) young?? Waste of money.

Finaly, the calvary!
There is nothing here that is false. Please, Facebook is such a better place for this. People expect it on Facebook and there is a bigger audience. Also, this is a MINECRAFT
site, and although there are "Off topic" and "Other games" (Is it realy called that?) this
is not a dating site.
Thank you.
05/21/2013 7:37 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
P197
@Gaws10
[Facepalm]
05/21/2013 3:47 am
Level 39 : Artisan Electrician
FilUnderscore
What i would do is go to her and tell her how you feel
05/21/2013 5:32 am
Level 30 : Artisan Archer
gusgus
He already has...

Read all the previous posts he made and you'll get a better picture of the situation.
05/21/2013 3:12 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
Darkomega99
KunatyBut generally, the minecraft community is better suited for advice and care.

I don't know if I'd agree with that, because you could go to many different communities and find that there are people who truly care and have good advice. At the same time, there are going to be insensitive people wherever you go, but they individually don't define an entire community.
05/21/2013 2:40 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Hunter
Kunaty
Magicman88999
You guys are rude...

[Rolls his eyes]
Oh please. He is stating a fact. It's annoying and facebook is a better place for this.

You, my good sir, are rude.

You can't disagree though. You have to admit that it's really annoying, considering the amount of posts about "Young love". And seriously? This guy spent $5,000 on a girl that he loves, and he's (probably) young?? Waste of money.

You sir, obviously never been in love. Money isn't an issue when it comes to the person i love, I would take a bullet for my girl if needed. He asked here because he wanted advice from people who would listen. If you didn't have anything nice to say, then move on. And if he could afford to spend 5k on a girl, then he most likely isn't young. You, are a waste of skin. Facebook is nothing but a stupid newsfeed where no one cares because they know your situation and have biased opinions. Facebook is for hipsters who want to share every aspect of their life and who most likely want stalkers. Facebook is to make people feel important because they have the illusion that people care about whats going on. But generally, the minecraft community is better suited for advice and care.
05/21/2013 2:09 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
TheNexuCraft
I've never had a girl, but ive been so close, i feel ya bro.
05/21/2013 2:01 am
catspace32
you go to the bath tub with 20 tubs of ice cream bring tissues and eat the ice cream and cry in there with the shower on

or just watch your favortie utuber that makes you laugh hang in there
05/20/2013 11:42 pm
Level 23 : Expert Mountaineer
NEXTGENCRAFTING
Ive been down that road before, but my advice use it or not is when your alone find the biggest set of speakers your can, find the saddest song you can think of, and crank up the volume. Then after that song is over find your absolute favorite song and do the same thing. And then after that go do things you enjoy, hangout with friends, go see a movie, hell go for a jog its what I do when im down or just need to think and its a great way to stay in shape.
05/20/2013 11:39 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Wolf Whisperer
SkyGeckoMC
Oh, I'm so sorry...
05/20/2013 11:31 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Sailor
SlyTurtlesZZ
Pretend you never even met her, pretend you've never saw her in your life. Hang out with some friends, get some sadpizza, you're all set hope that works. Just know man, you have people out there to support you. We will all go through this at some point. Even me, which 90% will not likely happen because no one likes me :3
05/20/2013 10:47 pm
ABlockInPlace
Apple_Saucekill her

You ok?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome