How do you look back on your early days in Minecraft?

Quanto__'s Avatar Quanto__10/22/14 4:51 pm
11/13/2014 4:40 pm
GamingCenter101's Avatar GamingCenter101
The title pretty much says it all. Tell me what you think!

My thoughts:

I when look back on when a started, I think that I looked like a total noob. I was young (12), ignorant to the inner working of Minecraft/Mojang, I was a total noob at building (I still am pretty bad), and I was too proud for my own good (I thought I was a pro! )

I owned a server since before I got my own account. I still own it, but it's not that popular.
Quanto__
Level 17 : Journeyman Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/13/2014 4:40 pm
Level 24 : Expert Nerd
GamingCenter101
I realize how stupid I was when I started playing. If I saw floating blocks, I was like "OHMYGOD ITS HEROBRINE OHMYGOD HELP HELP WHAT THE HECK HALP"
so yeah. \_O_/
11/13/2014 4:34 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Warrior
basketballer05
I bought the game about 1.3.1, I always made a superflat world, found a village, and made a house in the village that wasn't much more than a box with a bed and a crafting table inside of it. I didn't know what a server was until I bought one and did almost the same thing on it, only with my cousin, (who had bought the game around the same time.), eventually we found some public servers and played on them.
Eventually we started a survival world on that server, and didn't know where diamonds spawned, so I spawned in 64 for each of us. Ah the nooby days, I kind of miss them, but at the same time I don't.
11/13/2014 4:24 pm
Level 49 : Master Wolf
ChileanMiner5
I started in 1.5.2. The first things I did were really just...it was really stupid. I rode around on a pig in superflat-creative in search of villages like some loon. I built a really dumb, tiny, sucky obsidian jail and put like one zombie in it. I spawned the Wither a couple times and I think I just watched it blow things up before setting the gamemode to peaceful and then reverting it. Another stupid decision I made was to attempt to spawn the Wither without knowing I was in peaceful mode. I read the wiki a lot as well.
11/13/2014 4:04 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
LyonJenkins
I remember when I first started playing. I started out on the Xbox, only because my friend showed me it. I was quickly hooked on it. I was always playing on it and always coming up with new things. Then I found Etho's Lab. He's what really the whole Minecraft experience for me. I found out that Minecraft was on PC so I got even more excited. So, for my brothers birthday my mom bought him Minecraft for the PC. Me and him were so amazed! Then for my birthday, I got it. I quickly found the multiplayer feature and I loved it! Then I bought my first server and I've been playing ever since.
11/13/2014 4:03 pm
Level 49 : Master Batman
Casamify
i watched mostly tutorials on how to craft stuff and how to start :/
i also was happy because i thought i found gold but it was iron.....
11/13/2014 3:54 pm
Level 21 : Expert Architect
_foxyknoxy
My sister found minecraft PE, and we would play for hours on end. It's only after I found NoochMC's channel on youtube and thought that the PC version looked a lot more expansive, so many months ago, maybe even a year ago now, I bought minecraft PC. I'll always have fond memories of PE, but PC has my heart.
11/13/2014 3:47 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc1280016
[deleted]
11/13/2014 3:45 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Warrior
RoseOfShi
Total noob, at least to servers. I had no clue what plugins were, so when I joined some server with mccmmo and whatever allows you to warp I kept asking how you got power and spent a total time of about an hour trying to leave spawn.
11/13/2014 3:41 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Skinner
KingRex35
I watched 50 tutorials before playing. Explains everything.
11/13/2014 3:39 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Dragongirl1256
I had to look online for the controls and thought zombies were sweet and that they were scare crows. When I first saw lave I jumped in wondering what it was. I couldn't figure out how to fly or unfly and so if I acedently flew I would delete my world.

10/22/2014 5:16 pm
Level 23 : Expert Spleefer
Lubzy
"I was a loser then."
10/22/2014 5:11 pm
Level 45 : Master Engineer
usa
I stole the game, dug a house in a hill, placed a painting, died by a spider.

deleted game for months.

bought it on xbox, I get really interested in building medieval. I built on xbox for about a year.

switched to pc again (bought it this time! I even bought another account to make up for stealing it earlier!) because I was interested in command blocks, now I make mini games.
11/13/2014 4:06 pm
Level 49 : Master Wolf
ChileanMiner5
That's fantastic You should be proud to have come so far! It's really great to see that you've made up for what you did wrong, and are now a part of the community, making such awesome things!
10/22/2014 5:03 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Fisherman
mudkip45
Nostalgia is one way to put it... I used to be able to play vanilla 1.5.2 and 1.6 single player for HOURS! Then I got my first taste of multiplayer, and was hooked. I also remember my first experiences with a server.... but that's a story for a different time
10/22/2014 5:02 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Crafter
elyisgreat
I don't think I thought that I was a pro when I first got MC. I spent a lot of time on the wiki. It took much longer before I tested servers and even longer before I started downloading snapshots.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome