Hows this site look?

4377699683's Avatar 43776996834/18/14 10:34 pm
1 emeralds 1.4k 65
6/3/2014 3:38 pm
sameight's Avatar sameight
http://group.edudek.org/

My friend sam made it and i'm adding in some stuff. I added the changed words at the top. (And some enhancements)

Not going into detail but soon we will be accepting members.
There will be a post here about it. (In general discussion)

So heres the site: http://group.edudek.org/

Reply with what you think of it.
Level 25 : Expert Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/03/2014 3:38 pm
Level 1 : New Network
sameight
bump...
04/24/2014 9:46 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
JaydenIrwin
WAY too much scrolling!!
04/24/2014 9:52 pm
Thats why you click the nav buttons. They will scroll for you.
04/24/2014 9:42 pm
sameight
Bump...
04/23/2014 5:51 pm
sameight
That website is really yours?
04/23/2014 5:43 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Pokemon
MikeStardust
I get and work a lot on the minimalism/ flat design style... but that lacks visual elements, its just text text text form text.
Try some icons and images.
Search dribbble for inspiration.

Maybe this will help: http://flatuicolors.com/
My WIP website:
https://dribbble.com/shots/1487375-Star ... website-V2
04/23/2014 5:39 pm
Level 27 : Expert Toast
zoossrocks
Looks very nice.
04/23/2014 5:26 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Geek
Z645
I looked through. Then looked at the quote on the contact section. Derp. That was an eye catcher. Especially with a dirty mind.
04/23/2014 5:30 pm

Is what I thought about when you replied.
04/23/2014 5:22 pm
sameight
bump...
04/19/2014 9:22 pm
You can now join the EduDek group.
Just click Join Us and fill out the form.

More info:
looking-for-developers-designers-and-people-with-ideas-t389092.html
04/19/2014 7:39 pm
sameight
Okey dokey, have one designer willing to join. We really have no idea what the group structure will actually be. If you join, you might probably be able to shape the structure of this group, or might be able to be on some kind of management team. Really, the only thing that we know for sure is that we want to make things. We have some awesome ideas and maybe everyone could contribute!
04/19/2014 5:13 pm
Level 29 : Expert Pirate
mishrathium
Looks like a template with no customization other then poor color choices purchased for about 15$.
04/19/2014 5:18 pm
sameight
Not a template! Hand coded
04/19/2014 5:04 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Lemon
Sonadel
That's not very nice! We don't call names on Planet Minecraft! :(

One time, I was walking my dog. Then some old stranger yelled something mean at my dog while throwing credit cards. I still can't find my dog, but I bought lots of dogs so it's okay! :)
04/19/2014 5:00 pm
sameight
Stupid autocorrect.
04/19/2014 4:57 pm
sameight
WoW
04/19/2014 4:59 pm
Sonadel
What does World of Warcraft have to do with this?
I've never played it... :(
04/19/2014 4:53 pm
Sonadel
You're so mean to me! :'( </3
5th page already? :o
04/19/2014 4:47 pm
sameight
Like *dont care
04/19/2014 4:43 pm
Sonadel
*this :) <3
04/19/2014 4:33 pm
sameight
Yup. As far as I know, thus kind of argument isn't allowed on PMC.
04/19/2014 4:31 pm
Sonadel
Aww. You're no fun! :( </3
04/19/2014 4:27 pm
sameight
Again, I said let's say on topic. Please. We'd love if you could join our group.
04/19/2014 4:25 pm
Sonadel
I suppose you're right. It's more a pillow embossment. Now I challenge you to go into Photoshop and find the Bevel and Emboss settings to see for yourself. Good luck! :)

Let's not forget whose website started off the day giving people eye strain and seizures! Times New Roman is a dirty font, but that's just IMO. No matter how you slice it, it's not minimalistic.

It's clearly a self-proclaimed title you're throwing around. No need to pretend it's your profession until you're paying the bills, rent/mortgage and feeding yourself with the money from it. K? :)

I'm not running around flailing the title designer. I'm just aiming to build a pleasant website for my future visitors to browse or partake in while off the server. I doubt they'll leave because I embossed a button! If people leave your site because of it, then maybe something else was wrong before the button got there! Now gimme hugs! :* <3 :)
04/19/2014 4:16 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Artist
FC_Mercury
If you want some design artists specializing in minimalism you can always contact me and see my work
04/19/2014 4:21 pm
sameight
Would you like to join our group? We're looking for designers, not just developers.
04/19/2014 4:55 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Artist
FC_Mercury
Sure! Pm if you need any work of mine for evidence.
04/19/2014 4:06 pm
sameight
Your button is beveled at the edge but is largely a gradient. Sorry, that argument won't stand. Times New Roman is a clean and minimalistic font. For papers, it looks professional and clean. I can guess you use Comic Sans for all of your projects

I still do have a problem with your button. Always will. You should educate yourself about design language, as your arguments seem uneducated from a designer's viewpoint. Look it up whenever you aren't starting flame fights on PMC.

It isn't too late for us. It's too late for you. Go hire yourself an Interface Designer to optimize your site. Or, you could accept my advice and fix that button.

Anyway, let's keep our discussion on track.
04/19/2014 3:59 pm
Sonadel
samwigget1It's not about what looks good, but how things work. Well, actually, its both of the above. Design is about making things look better and also about making things work for the user.

I agree! 100%! Glad to hear you don't have a problem with my button! By the way, any good designer would know that my button ISN'T a gradient. It's a bevel. Duh! :)

Actually, OpenDyslexic is proven to be easy for people to read. There's an entire plugin dedicated to it from CloudFlare! It focuses attention and even dyslexics can read without a problem!

Times New Roman is the font we used on essays back in high school, because they wanted to suck all of the creativity out of you. It's ugly. Too late for you. Much love! :) <3
04/19/2014 3:55 pm
sameight
04/19/2014 3:50 pm
sameight
Times New Roman has proven to be easier to read for most people. It's not about what looks good, but how things work. Well, actually, its both of the above. Design is about making things look better and also about making things work for the user. At least we don't have gradients on our site.
04/19/2014 3:45 pm
Sonadel
samwigget1Your website design looks amazing until people get to your knowledge base. Your role as both a businessman and a web designer is to provide a consistent user experience. That one little button throws the whole design off.

Don't yell. That's rude! :(

I was referring to Pro Minecraft Host's knowledgebase, but okay. That version of the button has proven to be more effective at encouraging user engagement. Plus, that one silly button is in the forum section, which might as well not even be under the same domain.

Sorry. I would love to share some ideas in PMs. My skull is vibrating at the font underneath the heading "An Amazing Group of Teenagers". Is that Times New Roman? Hehe :)
04/19/2014 3:45 pm
sameight
Okay. No people commenting on the Trello board, so time for plan b. Registration for our site is currently down and not working, so if you want to join the EduDek Group, PM me with your name, email, technical skills, what languages you would like to learn, favorite flavor of ice cream, and any ideas you might have for a project.
04/19/2014 3:30 pm
sameight
I am crying right no. xD
04/19/2014 3:29 pm
sameight
TraedpoD
samwigget1And your comment about all websites having gradients isn't entirely true. There are websites where the design is entirely flat. All I'm saying is that flat design is the trend now. If you want to get into design tactics, I'd be happy to argue about that.

I know it isn't entirely true. That's why I said this!

TraedpoDNearly every website contains a gradient somewhere.

Or weren't you reading? I bet you didn't even check my website draft. It's right underneath my picture. I've only used flat colors too. You don't pay much attention!

I'm simply entertaining the other side. I understand that you may not find gradients appealing, but I don't believe you realize the subtle importance of them. Take another look at Pro Minecraft Host's logo. There's two gradients in the red components!

Try this one too! Go to the "Clients" or "Knowledgebase" section. Notice the nav bar? It's gradient. It's good in the right places! You should look closer!

I still love you despite your unfortunate gradient deficiency! :* <3

RexwerPersonally, I prefer it that way, but then again, we all have our opinions and tastes, it's what makes us awesome

I agree. I personally enjoy the look too. That's why I use it for my stuff. I'm just trying to point out that gradients can be a tasteful accent to any site. Apple has one on their own nav bar!

Microsoft is one of a handful of examples that don't use gradients. I am aware of this!

Gradients CAN be a tasteful accent if used IN THE RIGHT WAY. First of all, I'm just going to get straight to the point and say that those gradients that I DID NOTICE on your knowledgebase BUT CHOSE NOT TO MENTION look VERY UGLY in conjuncture with your flat design. Your flat design is amazing, but when you add in that gradient, ID designers like myself start to cry. One rule of design is that you NEVER MIX STYLES. Never. That means either stick with Bootstrap 3.0 or Bootstrap 2.0. You NEVER MIX the two.

Your website design looks amazing until people get to your knowledge base. Your role as both a businessman and a web designer is to provide a consistent user experience. That one little button throws the whole design off.

Sorry, I just had to use capitals to EMPHASISE MY POINT. My job as a designer is to fret over details.
04/19/2014 3:26 pm
Level 26 : Expert Nerd
Amsarian
I can't see much wrong with it, besides making the colours slightly more lighter, and making the transition of "We make ____ stuff" more gradual than being sudden. Also, I wouldn't recommend a gradient, because unless it is done well it'll end up looking like something made by a 12 y/o for school.

If you're going for a minimalist design, definitely stay away from the gradients.
04/19/2014 3:16 pm
Sonadel
samwigget1And your comment about all websites having gradients isn't entirely true. There are websites where the design is entirely flat. All I'm saying is that flat design is the trend now. If you want to get into design tactics, I'd be happy to argue about that. ;)

I know it isn't entirely true, silly! That's why I said this! :)

TraedpoDNearly every website contains a gradient somewhere.

Or weren't you reading? :) I bet you didn't even check my website draft. It's right underneath my "rank"! I've only used flat colors too. You don't pay much attention!

I'm simply entertaining the other side. I understand that you may not find gradients appealing, but I don't believe you realize the subtle importance of them. Take another look at Pro Minecraft Host's logo. There's two gradients in the red components! :)

Try this one too! Go to the "Clients" or "Knowledgebase" section. Notice the nav bar? It's gradient. It's good in the right places! You should look closer!

I still love you despite your unfortunate gradient deficiency! :* <3

RexwerPersonally, I prefer it that way, but then again, we all have our opinions and tastes, it's what makes us awesome :D

I agree. I personally enjoy the look too. That's why I use it for my stuff. I'm just trying to point out that gradients can be a tasteful accent to any site. Apple has one on their own nav bar!

Microsoft is one of a handful of examples that don't use gradients. I am aware of this! :)
04/19/2014 3:11 pm
Rexwer
I don't want to insult anybody, but if you look at Microsoft's "metro" look, it's basically an all-flat design.

Lots of popular sites, logo's and brands are going that way now. It just looks cleaner basically.

Personally, I prefer it that way, but then again, we all have our opinions and tastes, it's what makes us awesome

**Yes, I know what my avatar looks like, that is the owner, not me **
04/19/2014 2:55 pm
sameight
For instance, prominecrafthost is entirely flat design...
04/19/2014 2:53 pm
sameight
TraedpoD
samwigget1Personally, as I am a designer, I hate gradients and prefer to opt for flat design.

Okay. I'm not angry, but... WTH does that mean? Nearly every website contains a gradient somewhere. There's nothing designer about one thing or another.

Twitter uses a gradient on EVERYONE'S profile. Facebook uses a gradient on EVERYONE'S profile. I think I should probably do it for my site. It seems to work for them!

I just really need to give you a hard time for thinking that "designer" means anything more than priding yourself in coloring within the lines. LOL

Ultimately - you're criticizing gradients as if they're a flaw or taboo. They can do WONDERS when applied to the right places. Just venting. Have you heard of transparency?

I'm not trying to criticize gradients, I'm just am saying that gradients don't appeal to me very much. And your comment about all websites having gradients isn't entirely true. There are websites where the design is entirely flat. All I'm saying is that flat design is the trend now. If you want to get into design tactics, I'd be happy to argue about that.
04/19/2014 2:26 pm
Sonadel
samwigget1Personally, as I am a designer, I hate gradients and prefer to opt for flat design.

Okay. I'm not angry, but... WTH does that mean? Nearly every website contains a gradient somewhere. There's nothing designer about one thing or another.

Twitter uses a gradient on EVERYONE'S profile. Facebook uses a gradient on EVERYONE'S profile. I think I should probably do it for my site. It seems to work for them!

I just really need to give you a hard time for thinking that "designer" means anything more than priding yourself in coloring within the lines. LOL

Ultimately - you're criticizing gradients as if they're a flaw or taboo. They can do WONDERS when applied to the right places. Just venting. Have you heard of transparency? :)
04/19/2014 2:23 pm
Rexwer
I think the "EduDek Group" in the top left corner should be slightly bigger?
And also the text, I think it would look better in black (on the lighter sections)
Your site is one of the best ideas I've seen so far, I'd love to join when guys launch.
04/19/2014 2:18 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
kogan007
maybe make the bottom block a darker color
04/19/2014 2:14 pm
sameight
Sure Koslaw99. Let me go get my crayons
04/19/2014 2:02 pm
sameight
Snowyfox, we aren't using a website making software. We are currently coding this, and we can add gradients if we wish. Personally, as I am a designer, I hate gradients and prefer to opt for flat design. Great idea though.

For all who have asked about joining, we are still trying to figure out how we're going to get everything to work behind the scenes. If you want, you can join or request to join our Trello board here: https://trello.com/b/17v1ihDX/the-edudek-group

Just comment on the only card there and I will ad you.
04/19/2014 1:55 pm
Sonadel
SnowyfoxI actually like the colors; I don't see too many websites around with those kind of color schemes.

They actually just changed the colors recently. It's much easier on the eyes. I see that it's been compacted a bit too. I think it's already a large improvement.
04/19/2014 1:54 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Snowyfox
I actually like the colors; I don't see too many websites around with those kind of color schemes. But yes, if possible, put some gradients, but I've seen a lot of new small sites like this, so I'm guessing that you guys are using some sort of website-making software, and as far as I'm concerned, it wouldn't support gradients or images.
04/19/2014 1:37 pm
sameight
Hello all I am sam. From what I read, I should limit the colors to 3 or four. Ideas?
04/19/2014 1:50 pm
I can confirm this is Sam.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome