HUGE Roleplay Server (SEEKING STAFF)

Llyrios's Avatar Llyrios3/23/17 4:25 pm
1 emeralds 175 2
3/25/2017 3:17 am
littlewolf23's Avatar littlewolf23
I have been playing Minecraft for more than 8 years now, I have owned servers and initiated many projects, some were more successful than others. However, I was not too active here on PMC, and I hope to change that, now that I am coming back to play Minecraft. As well as my own, I have seen servers rise and fall, so many that I eventually began to analyse why they failed. I have seen servers with ambitions too large for their capabilities, people too impatient and indecisive as well as seeing people set goals and ambitions and accomplish them, achieving things through creating plugins, building and texturing that I thought would be impossible through Minecraft. Most importantly through my time in Minecraft I have met countless friends, some life-long, and of course I have met some enemies. The breed of servers that most struck me, that I dedicated time to; Roleplay servers. On the side I enjoyed vanilla servers, tekkit and hunger games servers. However, in the end the ability to exercise ones imagination struck me the most. I have attempted to replicated these breed of servers over the years but failed and learnt my lesson. I have dedicated time and money into other projects, that did not last too long. But like any real man of business, learnt from the mistakes of others, and most importantly; myself.

Over the past few months I created a wikia page. Thought up my own world and would add to it in my spare time when I could. It is growing, still nothing compared to the size I hope to reach. Whilst I was doing this I have been playing on a roleplay server named 'Lord of the Craft'. I remember playing the server many years ago, as well as playing on its previous rival. However, it was and is a successful roleplay server, one of the few that are left, yet it seems to rapidly be going down hill, and I know why. Regardless people want a good roleplay server with multiple qualities, such as a good community, good staff and passion, especially with a roleplay server.

Enough about the negative side of things, the project I am proposing is a big one. Something many have attempted, some failed and some surprisingly made it. The servers that made it have almost been like a one-hit-wonder singer, once they reached the top they plummeted down. The factors thatr contributed to this were greed, ego and lack of dedication.

My project

I hope to create a large world, fully detailed to ever last block, everything custom and unique, an immersive rich story, an interactive world fully quipped to keep the player busy when not participating in the heavy roleplay. I hope for reliable and passionate staff with real skill and love for what they'll be doing in their spare time.

All roles must be filled with someone with interest in the theme of the server. They must also be mature and well manured and me active at least once a week unless otherwise discussed. All applicants must understand there will be no initial funding and so this is more of a hobby than a job until possible funding and financial support is available.

Staff positions:

Terraformer -
This is one of the most important positions, it requires you to have skill and experience in terraforming. If you use worldmachine or worldpainter it does not matter. As long as the world is beautiful and flowing. Once the map has been created and structures start to emerge you can help tone up the landscape with small plants, trees and various other forms of vegetation as well as aid the builders.
Comment using the format below:
Honestly rate your maturity out of 10:
Honestly rate your English language out of 10:
What experience do you have with terraforming? (min 6 sentences)
Provide evidence of your work:
What software do you use?
How active can you be?
Which method of communication do you prefer? (e.g skype, teamspeak, mumble, discord)
What is your skype username (currently using skype for a group chat):

Builder -
An obvious role, but more important than my own. As a builder you will require good experience and evidence of your work. You will continuously work on the server and future projects for the server as well as work on events. Once the initial structures have been completed and the server is live you may roleplay and help moderate the community.

What experience do you have with building? (min 6 sentences)
What particular skills do you have that may differentiate yourself from other builders?
How active can you be?
Which method of communication do you prefer? (e.g skype, teamspeak, mumble, discord)

Lore writer -
Another important role, this is for the creative type who enjoy creative writing. You will be required to actively write up lore and story for the world as it grows. Once the server is live you can participate in organising events and recruiting others for your team. This role requires you to be creative and passionate about what you write.

Honestly rate how creative you are out of 10:
What experience do you have with lore writing? (min 6 sentences)
Provide evidence of your work or think up a quick example of story of any form:
How can you differentiate yourself from other lore writers?
How active can you be?

Developer -
A difficult role, someone who is able to create and update server plugins. All developers are welcome if they have decent experience and skill. Advanced plugins will be needed and some basic plugins also.
What experience do you have with developing plugins? (min 6 sentences)
How active can you be?

Web-Designer -
Regardless of what language or service is used, the server will require a fully-functional website that is expected to have regular updates and a wide variety of functions for the users and staff.
What experience do you have with web-design? (min 6 sentences)
How active can you be?

Community Manager -
If you believe you have great people skills and good managerial skills then this is a great job for you. This job keeps everyone in line and up to schedule. Once the server has launched they will advise me on updates and feedback from the community as well as thinking of ways to acquire such information.
What experience do you have with managing (admin/moderator)? (min 6 sentences)
Provide evidence of this:
What particular skills do you have that may differentiate yourself from other people seeking this position?
How active can you be?

If you believe you have a particular skill that can help the project feel free to comment using the format below:

Explain your skill in detail and how it may benefit the server (min 6 sentences):
Provide evidence of this:
How active can you be?
Llyrios
Level 1 : New Miner