Improved Server Idea: The Return of Pixelmon Champions

StikLover2's Avatar StikLover29/22/14 6:19 pm
1 emeralds 2.2k 23
11/13/2014 5:51 pm
deku_link's Avatar deku_link
Pixelmon Champions

Post your ideas and suggestions here! Discussion over topic wanted!

Hey all!

This is StikLover2 reporting back on!

After a long hiatus due to issues, Pixelmon Champions is back! But now, to explain our plan for the new, relaunched, Pixelmon Champions V.2! We are going to take our time with the server this time, and introduce new and revolutionary concepts for the community to enjoy!

Stage of Development: Alpha 1.0

Progress: 7%

I. The Korre Region Returns
After countless months of planning, we are relaunching a new and spirited Korre Region! We have mapped out every terrain and locations in which pokemon will be found. We are designing it so that only certain pokemon can be found in certain parts of Korre. The towns and cities' layouts have been designed and route proximity has been planned. We are completely custom building this from a plain flat world, from scratch, so we can give the players what they want! At this point, 12 towns/cities have been planned out. Interactive locations will be tied into each settlement, giving it an unique feel in every place you will go.
- We wish to branch out the region. No more boring, linear routes you see in other places! Certain towns may only be accessible through certain routes, or achieving certain objectives.
-Access to parts of the region will depend on how you progress through your journey. For example, you may need to deliver a parcel to an office or get a badge in order to move on or unlock further towns. This gives gameplay a fresh, rewarding encounter, working to earn things, ensuring that it does not tire.
-You! You get to influence what could occur throughout the region! We want to make this all about the player, making sure everyone feels unique in their own right. For example, your influence of administration of evil teams/villians throughout the region could change how they act. Your path can change regular interactions as well. This is just one such example of our take on this.

II. New Ideas/New Experiences
After some time of brainstorming, we have come up with several things in order to make us different and unique among other pixelmon servers. We aim to have the best and most interactive, fun experience for players! Some of these ideas include:
- Pokemon Contests! We wish to bring this to Pixelmon! The rounds are currently being worked out, but the first round will work very similar to appeal. Contestants will show their pokemon to the judges, and recieve a 1-10 score based on how well they match up to the contest's decided appeal (such as beauty, tough, etc) We are currently discussing on how we are going to work out contests.
-Poke Buzzer! This unique device is intended to work similarly to the holo caster you see in the Pokemon X & Y games, along with some special upgrades . This was made to add in-depth content during your travels in our Pokemon World. The Poke Buzzer will serve as your passport, checker, news content feed that updates daily, and so on. These are just a few features of this device planned. We are planning to tie in the Poke Buzzer to objectives in your journey throughout Korre, and soon to be added, additional regions
-Secret Bases! Yup, you heard right! We want to bring what was introduced in Ruby and Sapphire to Pixelmon! The features of secret bases will be included, as well as some additional features. We are also entertaining the idea of tournaments involving secret bases and their features! You can compete with players among their secret bases. We are ensuring that the appropriate protections are set up to ensure your bases are not tampered with.

III. Gyms
Of course, every world needs a whole set of gyms of the Pixelmon League for challengers! We intend to make the gyms very rewarding, and hard to traverse through. It is our belief that gym leaders should not be a pushover, thus we are designing teams to tackle on tough players. Gyms will also have a puzzle to complete, like in the games, in order to battle the gym leader. Preventions will be put in place to avoid cheating. In order to differentiate gyms from each other, we will be allowing leaders to impose their own rules on gyms, making each gym different from others. Players will need to learn to adjust to each gym's battle style in order to succeed. This creates strategy in order to win a match, and further enjoyment for gyms. Level caps will be predetermined by us, however. We also believe that all these restrictive moves imposed on other servers, such as no status moves allowed, impedes a player's strategy to win the match, so we are allowing these sort of things to occur. It is our belief that strategy and skill will win a match, not the brute brawn of pixelmon, as it seems what is occuring in several servers these days.

Now, for the gyms themselves!

1. Ice
2. Psychic
3. Water
4. Steel
5. Dragon
6. Fighting
7. Poison
8. Normal

Elite 4: (Not telling that much yet )

I will be posting more information about this server and additional content as the weeks and months go by in development.

So, this is what I have compiled about Pixelmon Champions so far! I posted it here so I can see what you all think about this idea! I would love you all to post below your comments on this and additional ideas. Have fun!
StikLover2
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/11/2014 4:07 pm
StikLover2
Oh hey Deku, I remember you ;D. Yes, sure you can. I'll keep you posted, as we have brought in a slew of builders. I am currently working on a detailed storyline.
11/13/2014 5:51 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
deku_link
Nice. Can't wait

Sorry I stopped playing for awhile, been busy . You won't BELIEVE how long it took me to find this server again. There are a LOT of videos and other things called pixelmon champions.
11/11/2014 2:19 pm
deku_link
Will I be able to keep pearl rank?
10/22/2014 4:56 pm
StikLover2
STILL looking for opinions! Please don't be shy guys, I want to know what is thought of the idea!
10/10/2014 3:46 pm
StikLover2
Still looking on opinions! Post here!
10/05/2014 6:21 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Warrior
MEZZ
bump
10/03/2014 4:25 pm
StikLover2
Some slight pictures of houses for the dragon town in development

http://imgur.com/9gQpMDs,sJzoeus

The Dragon Gym is going to be a fairly early gym in the game to make it much harder for players, rather than the cliche 8th badge gyms.
10/01/2014 4:20 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Warrior
MEZZ
THIS LOOKS AMAZZZINGGG!!! PUMPED FO LIEF
09/29/2014 9:01 pm
StikLover2
Ice Gym poll closed! Sliding Maze wins out! Posted Dragon Gym Poll! Please post and comment below! Ask questions if you are unsure what some of the Dragon Puzzle options are.
09/29/2014 7:25 pm
StikLover2
A little sneak peek for one of the houses for DragonRidge Town

http://imgur.com/rplNyz4
09/28/2014 9:23 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
Bunnyjiad
Where are you gonna post the ip and when? Anyways.

I kinda have the heart of a critic. (I watch lots of review vids k!? ) I like the design of the steel gym pic. And don't you dare copy the johto ice gym (I don't mind the way getting to the leader ) because I don't want to battle no seals that have op rest. Also, I recommend giving the birds of kanto a specific place like in the games ( Mt. ember.. etc) And placing a shrine there and make some mumbo jumbo code for it to automatically place itself right there for a number of mins.
09/28/2014 10:03 am
StikLover2
Don't worry, like I said, everything is custom
We have a very neat idea to implement in the city with the ice gym. Think one word: cozy

And no problem with hearts of critics! We need all the opinions we can get to improve this server!

We were debating on things involving the birds, like you said. Various villians will also be custom made, and we may have them tie in with the birds. We were contemplating putting people on quests in order to find legendaries, we are hoping to tie in some interactive myths with them as well.

And the IP will be posted when the server goes live! For now, just be patient and watch the progress bar creep up and up....... I'll add pictures in intervals for hype!
09/28/2014 9:01 am
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
WTFshady
Looks sick. Can't wait to play on it.
09/28/2014 8:57 am
StikLover2
Poll is getting close to an end ;D

We are making rapid progress! Most houses for the Dragon Town has been completed! Pictures coming soon!
09/25/2014 5:11 pm
StikLover2
Posted first poll! Vote and PLEASE comment on the server! I need to hear your opinions!
09/25/2014 4:12 pm
Level 20 : Expert Goblin
FunkyGoblin
Most beautifulest
09/24/2014 6:18 pm
StikLover2
Steel Gym Exterior (Picture 1)

O' mighty steel gym I see thee. Wait, what's that in the corner?

http://imgur.com/KfmYwYh
09/23/2014 9:06 pm
StikLover2
Thanks for the first few comments guys! Still looking on more opinions!

-Update: Steel town complete! Details will be posted tomorrow.
09/23/2014 4:24 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Architect
LittleChaosGaming
Ahhhhh Pixelmon Champions those were the days ahhhhhhh.......
09/23/2014 4:20 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Pokemon
LooseViper
StikLover2Hey all!

This is StikLover2 reporting back on!

I feel as if I owe the community an explanation on what has been going on. Our old Pixelmon Champions was closed down by our host for several reasons. During my vacation in July, the server was experiencing connection issues, blocking players from logging on. Also, MCSponsor, our 'sponsor' decreed that donations were not enough, and pulled the plug, not even allowing us to inform the community in time.
This time will work though, because I have discovered a means in which to pay for the server myself. After drifting back and forth over the various coming months, we finally got the footing we needed to bring this wonderful server back! I will only say this: I wish I discovered Visa Gift Cards sooner! I am now able to pay for this server myself, and no longer have to rely on sponsors. But now, to explain our plan for the new, relaunched, Pixelmon Champions V.2! We are going to take our time with the server this time, and introduce new and revolutionary concepts for the community to enjoy!

I. The Korre Region Returns
After countless months of planning, we are relaunching a new and spirited Korre Region! We have mapped out every terrain and locations in which pokemon will be found. We are designing it so that only certain pokemon can be found in certain parts of Korre. The towns and cities' layouts have been designed and route proximity has been planned. We are completely custom building this from a plain flat world, from scratch, so we can give the players what they want! At this point, 12 towns/cities have been planned out. Interactive locations will be tied into each settlement, giving it an unique feel in every place you will go.
- We wish to branch out the region. No more boring, linear routes you see in other places! Certain towns may only be accessible through certain routes, or achieving certain objectives.
-Access to parts of the region will depend on how you progress through your journey. For example, you may need to deliver a parcel to an office or get a badge in order to move on or unlock further towns. This gives gameplay a fresh, rewarding encounter, working to earn things, ensuring that it does not tire.
-You! You get to influence what could occur throughout the region! We want to make this all about the player, making sure everyone feels unique in their own right. For example, your influence of administration of evil teams/villians throughout the region could change how they act. Your path can change regular interactions as well. This is just one such example of our take on this.

II. New Ideas/New Experiences
After some time of brainstorming, we have come up with several things in order to make us different and unique among other pixelmon servers. We aim to have the best and most interactive, fun experience for players! Some of these ideas include:
- Pokemon Contests! We wish to bring this to Pixelmon! The rounds are currently being worked out, but the first round will work very similar to appeal. Contestants will show their pokemon to the judges, and recieve a 1-10 score based on how well they match up to the contest's decided appeal (such as beauty, tough, etc) We are currently discussing on how we are going to work out contests.
-Poke Buzzer! This unique device is intended to work similarly to the holo caster you see in the Pokemon X & Y games, along with some special upgrades . This was made to add in-depth content during your travels in our Pokemon World. The Poke Buzzer will serve as your passport, checker, news content feed that updates daily, and so on. These are just a few features of this device planned. We are planning to tie in the Poke Buzzer to objectives in your journey throughout Korre, and soon to be added, additional regions
-Secret Bases! Yup, you heard right! We want to bring what was introduced in Ruby and Sapphire to Pixelmon! The features of secret bases will be included, as well as some additional features. We are also entertaining the idea of tournaments involving secret bases and their features! You can compete with players among their secret bases. We are ensuring that the appropriate protections are set up to ensure your bases are not tampered with.

III. Gyms
Of course, every world needs a whole set of gyms of the Pixelmon League for challengers! We intend to make the gyms very rewarding, and hard to traverse through. It is our belief that gym leaders should not be a pushover, thus we are designing teams to tackle on tough players. Gyms will also have a puzzle to complete, like in the games, in order to battle the gym leader. Preventions will be put in place to avoid cheating. In order to differentiate gyms from each other, we will be allowing leaders to impose their own rules on gyms, making each gym different from others. Players will need to learn to adjust to each gym's battle style in order to succeed. This creates strategy in order to win a match, and further enjoyment for gyms. Level caps will be predetermined by us, however. We also believe that all these restrictive moves imposed on other servers, such as no status moves allowed, impedes a player's strategy to win the match, so we are allowing these sort of things to occur. It is our belief that strategy and skill will win a match, not the brute brawn of pixelmon, as it seems what is occuring in several servers these days.

Now, for the gyms themselves!

1. Ice
2. Psychic
3. Water
4. Steel
5. Dragon
6. Fighting
7. Poison
8. Normal

Elite 4: (Not telling that much yet )

I will be posting more information about this server and additional content as the weeks and months go by in development.

So, this is what I have compiled about Pixelmon Champions so far! I posted it here so I can see what you all think about this idea! I would love you all to post below your comments on this and additional ideas. Have fun!

Sounds great
09/23/2014 3:44 pm
FrostyTheKid
Sounds Dope! Cant Wait!
09/23/2014 2:37 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragon
diggingfordonuts
You should make a special modpack or use a modpack and put that modpack on like technic launcher so then you can add other things
09/23/2014 1:56 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Architect
JkFlamee726
This sounds badass! Can't wait!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome