We're inexperienced and need help

FlackJacket_Joe's Avatar FlackJacket_Joe5/27/15 2:53 pm
6/3/2015 7:39 pm
FlackJacket_Joe's Avatar FlackJacket_Joe
Thanks to those of you who read this and thanks even more to those who are willing to help us.

To begin my friend and I have been working on this map of ours offline LAN using Hamachi for about a year or so now and we have had great fun with it and have an idea for a (I’m guessing the easiest term of description is RP server). Now that being said now is where the problems start. Starting off Neither one of us has a computer to host it from, with the work that we have done on the map we already lag quite a bit, so we know that we are most likely going to need a hosting company. Secondly we use a healthy amount of mods that we like all of which are forge mods. We have been told by some friends that bukkit is the way to go as far a server mods go however we’re unsure about that if it means losing everything that we have produced so far. Moving on is that starting off we would want the server to be private as far as that ourselves and friends would be able to log on when we wanted to, to be able to get the server to more of a point that we can open it up publicly. I’m sure there is probably a lot of stuff that you may have questions about and I will try my best to answer them. As it says in the title my friend and I are pretty inexperienced when it comes to this and we are looking for any help we can find.
FlackJacket_Joe
Level 1 : New Miner