Item Upgrade System with Command Blocks?

Denisowator's Avatar Denisowator10/1/16 1:46 pm
1 emeralds 735 4
10/3/2016 3:25 pm
Pepijn's Avatar Pepijn
So I'm making a pretty long adventure map. And I need it to have a weapon upgrade system.

I'm making it on the RR3 modpack so I have a lot of mods at my disposal, but the closest I could get to making my own upgrades without command blocks, was Custom NPCs which I added in. Sadly, it isn't quantity specific. So if I put 3 diamonds in one slot into the recipe, you only need one to make the item. Which would allow players to very easily cheat.

I need a set of command blocks that will check, if the player has a specific weapon in their selected hotbar slot, as well as the required amount of the other item in any other hotbar slot.

So let's say you want to upgrade a wooden sword, into a stone one. The command blocks will need to check if the player is holding a wooden sword, and if there are also exactly 4 diamonds in his hotbar. The player will need to right click on the sword, and it will delete the 4 diamonds in the hotbar, and change the wooden sword into a stone sword.

I know it's going to somehow require using scoreboards, so can someone please just make a command block/redstone contraption that works, because I'm absolutely horrible at anything to do with command block+redstone.
Denisowator
Level 20 : Expert Warrior