JCIO - A moddable command line

Jortenmilo's Avatar Jortenmilo11/5/16 4:26 pm
1 emeralds 812 5
1/17/2017 6:28 pm
Jortenmilo's Avatar Jortenmilo

This is JCIO. JCIO is moddable command line tool. The idea is that it can be used just like the MC chat or DOS (Command-based). It is a CMD window, with lots of design features coming (Maybe even custom fonts!). I've got a lot of inspiration from 'Bukkit', so expect to see some similarities. It's module based, so you have full control over what you want the console to look like or what commands there are. It also has settings so you can customize your console even more. It can be used for creating text-based games/music creation/ASCII art/etc., 'The only limit is your imagination'. I have lots of ideas left, so expect to see a lot of updates in the future. One of my ideas for example, is to have a PluginManager that updates the plugin by downloading them from a server. Another idea is that you can easily create text-based games and then share them with your friends. All help is welcome, I still have to write a lot of documentation, so I'm far from done. And if you've created a plugin feel free to share and I'll maybe add it to the download list. There is a Wiki with a FAQ, but if you still have any questions, feel free to ask! I want to make it as user-friendly as possible, so feedback is really appreciated. I'd also love to hear suggestions for possible features. More will follow soon, as it's not a lot right now!

Links:

Features:
Click to reveal
*) Moddable - Making a plugin is really easy and you don't need a lot of knowledge about Java.
*) Settings - There are settigs to customize your console.
*) More added soon!

Screenshots:
Click to reveal

^ This is how it looks ^

^ This is the loading fase ^

^ A simple plugin ^

Ideas:
Click to reveal
*) Add a PluginManager plugin
*) Add a Music creating plugin
*) Add keyboard input
*) Add more settings

Edits:
Click to reveal
Edit 1 (-/-/- -:-): Added a source code link and a wiki link.
Edit 2 (-/-/- -:-): Added some text.
Edit 3 (-/-/- -:-): Added screenshots.
Edit 4 (11/6/2016 12:25): New logo!
Edit 5 (11/7/2016 21:13): New download link
Jortenmilo
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/17/2017 6:28 pm
Jortenmilo
Bump
11/07/2016 1:30 am
Jortenmilo
However it will be great if you'll format your code. There are different spacing betwen methods, here and there, some inconsistencies basically.

I'll do that soon.

are commands loaded from some directory or do you have to compile your own plugin with the JCIO (merged jar, in other words)?

There is a class Command from nl.jortenmilo.command that you can use and than you add it (in the enable() method) to the main program using this code:
getCommandManager.addCommand(Command cmd)
But there will be a tutorial about this soon.

By the way, you should probably post it on some Java dedicated forums or /r/java or something,

I'll do, thank you. If you want, I can add your plugin to the official folder when it is done.
11/06/2016 5:34 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Unicorn
McHorse
I looked up the code and it looks pretty neat! However it will be great if you'll format your code. There are different spacing betwen methods, here and there, some inconsistencies basically.

I'll try creating ASCII based game, but I have a question to ask first: are commands loaded from some directory or do you have to compile your own plugin with the JCIO (merged jar, in other words)? Basically, is it like Forge mods?

By the way, you should probably post it on some Java dedicated forums or /r/java or something, because here... well, it's not a Java developer forum
11/05/2016 6:02 pm
Jortenmilo
Is it a library or is it a separate app that looks like a CMD window and allows creating some cool stuff?

It is a CMD window, but I'll add some design features in the near future.

it isn't documented (nor open-sourced)

Thank you, I forgot. I'll add the source code very soon. (Won't have any documentation in it though, that will be seperate).

Good luck!

Thank you. I hope I can have a lot of fun creating this project and help others with lots of utilities they can use in their daily lives.
11/05/2016 5:35 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Unicorn
McHorse
Hm, it's quite interesting, but, in my opinion, you provided not enough information about your project. Is it a library or is it a separate app that looks like a CMD window and allows creating some cool stuff? I'm quite interested by this project, but as it isn't documented (nor open-sourced) makes it look very unconvincing.

Your OP needs a little bit of demonstration in form of screenshots or video

Good luck!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome