June's skin contest theme poll

Jackie1st's Avatar Jackie1st6/1/14 4:35 pm
1 emeralds 10.5k 98
6/17/2014 12:43 pm
Caporal Dxl's Avatar Caporal Dxl
Time to decide what our theme should be for this upcoming contest.

Before you vote be sure to read the short description of each of the categories posted below, and vote for the one that appeals to you the most, not just the one that you think will win.

Emotions
This one requires a bit more thought on your part, everyone has emotions but can you manage to portray them on such a small canvas like a skin? Whether it be happiness, sadness, or even anger try to get in touch with your emotions while sharing them with us.

Feudal Japan & East Asian
The rich history of east asian culture extending from the 10th century to the late 18th century, characterized by regional military rule by powerful families.
(Racist submissions will earn a ban)

Above the Clouds
We've done under the sea why not above the clouds.
Make a skin of a soaring eagle, a plane or even some creature you made up all on your own, just be sure to tell us about it.

Arabic & Middle Eastern
From the ancient Assyrians, to the armies of Persia, to the oil Barons of today, the Middle East has been a powerful cultural force in the world. Show off some colorful characters from the region!

Prehistoric
Do some research and make a skin based off life before the existence of written history

Elizabethan
Ruffs, frills, wigs, feathers, leggings, stockings..
The Elizabethan Era spanned the length of Queen Elizabeth I's of England's reign from 1558 to 1603. The period marked the start of England becoming a world power, as well as a leading nation in European art, literature, theological study, and philosophy. This period's dress combined a multitude of different countries' styles from the time period, and featured a wide range of color schemes and color symbolism. Time for you to skin this period of English history.

Circus Characters
The circus is filled with all sorts of strange and wonderful things from clowns to lion-tamers. Make your skin based on what sort of circus show you'd like to see and explain to us what it was.

One man's trash is another man's treasure
Create a skin of something that is of value to you but isn't to someone else and vice versa.
Be sure to describe how it is valuable to you or another being, maybe even create a story about it

Futuristic Industrial Revolution
We are in the generation of technology. We are using machines to do our tasks, transportation to move us around, and to ease our lives. However, machines have become so significant that now robots are being used and made to take over the labor of human society, such as fighting fires, constructing buildings, cooking in restaurants, etc.
Skinners following this theme will have to think of a futuristic robot or machine that has a job of a normal human. Their robot/machine will have to have something that they use in order to perform their job.

World Leaders & Historical Figures
The scientists, inventors, political figures, or other greatly influential people who have made a significant impact on shaping the world we live in. Depict a real historical figure from anywhere in the world, at any time. Be sure to keep it historically accurate!

This poll with run for a week and will end the 7th of this month.
We encourage you to vote even if you're not planning on participating in the contest this month and to choose the theme you think will encourage the best and most creative skins

If there's a theme that we don't have listed above that you think would be great for a contest feel free to submit it here suggest-themes-for-the-pmc-skinning-contests-t302543.html

You can see all our past contests and their winners here: http://www.planetminecraft.com/contests/

Poll ended 06/08/2014 4:35 pm.

Jackie1st
Retired Moderator
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Hero

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/17/2014 12:43 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Ranger
Caporal Dxl
Oh, I didn't know this place... cool!
06/17/2014 3:49 am
Level 56 : Grandmaster Dragonborn
Aquatta
I think the next contest should be Emotions or nothing at all hah.
06/17/2014 4:35 am
Level 21 : Expert Dragonborn
Fanjawi
Emotions didn't even get 2nd most votes this time, heh.
06/15/2014 3:46 pm
Jackie1st
06/15/2014 3:53 pm
Level 44 : Master uwu
Tastycat
Oh yey!
06/14/2014 6:50 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
iafb290
I'm not good at making skins, above the clouds, and the subject that would be awesome is an " Orfinbellydorpher ".
I f you dont know what that is, here's a link describing what it is: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_orfinbellydorper
06/13/2014 7:12 am
Level 40 : Master Nether Knight
MAJ_Confusion
I thought the voting would've been done by 6/7/2014?
06/13/2014 7:32 pm
Jackie1st
Voting is done, judges are picked, we're basically set up and good to go. just waiting on one last thing.
06/13/2014 7:54 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Dragon
Malaionus
Whaat???
06/13/2014 7:17 am
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
WTFshady
It is.
06/13/2014 7:26 am
MAJ_Confusion
Well yeah Ik, but I mean we should have the contest up by now.
06/11/2014 10:11 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Crafter
supercoop
Jackie1stTime to decide what our theme should be for this upcoming contest.

Before you vote be sure to read the short description of each of the categories posted below, and vote for the one that appeals to you the most, not just the one that you think will win.

Emotions
This one requires a bit more thought on your part, everyone has emotions but can you manage to portray them on such a small canvas like a skin? Whether it be happiness, sadness, or even anger try to get in touch with your emotions while sharing them with us.

Feudal Japan & East Asian
The rich history of east asian culture extending from the 10th century to the late 18th century, characterized by regional military rule by powerful families.

Above the Clouds
We've done under the sea why not above the clouds.
Make a skin of a soaring eagle, a plane or even some creature you made up all on your own, just be sure to tell us about it.

Arabic & Middle Eastern
From the ancient Assyrians, to the armies of Persia, to the oil Barons of today, the Middle East has been a powerful cultural force in the world. Show off some colorful characters from the region!

Prehistoric
Do some research and make a skin based off life before the existence of written history

Elizabethan
Ruffs, frills, wigs, feathers, leggings, stockings..
The Elizabethan Era spanned the length of Queen Elizabeth I's of England's reign from 1558 to 1603. The period marked the start of England becoming a world power, as well as a leading nation in European art, literature, theological study, and philosophy. This period's dress combined a multitude of different countries' styles from the time period, and featured a wide range of color schemes and color symbolism. Time for you to skin this period of English history.

Circus Characters
The circus is filled with all sorts of strange and wonderful things from clowns to lion-tamers. Make your skin based on what sort of circus show you'd like to see and explain to us what it was.

One man's trash is another man's treasure
Create a skin of something that is of value to you but isn't to someone else and vice versa.
Be sure to describe how it is valuable to you or another being, maybe even create a story about it

Futuristic Industrial Revolution
We are in the generation of technology. We are using machines to do our tasks, transportation to move us around, and to ease our lives. However, machines have become so significant that now robots are being used and made to take over the labor of human society, such as fighting fires, constructing buildings, cooking in restaurants, etc.
Skinners following this theme will have to think of a futuristic robot or machine that has a job of a normal human. Their robot/machine will have to have something that they use in order to perform their job.

World Leaders & Historical Figures
The scientists, inventors, political figures, or other greatly influential people who have made a significant impact on shaping the world we live in. Depict a real historical figure from anywhere in the world, at any time. Be sure to keep it historically accurate!

This poll with run for a week and will end the 7th of this month.
We encourage you to vote even if you're not planning on participating in the contest this month and to choose the theme you think will encourage the best and most creative skins

If there's a theme that we don't have listed above that you think would be great for a contest feel free to submit it here suggest-themes-for-the-pmc-skinning-contests-t302543.html

You can see all our past contests and their winners here: http://www.planetminecraft.com/contests/

new theme above the clouds would be cool
06/10/2014 8:56 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
duskvoodoo
i vote for above the clouds!
06/10/2014 7:30 am
Level 25 : Expert Hunter
bigf
At the rate things are going, it looks like ANOTHER month with Emotions losing... -sigh-
06/10/2014 8:41 am
WTFshady
#BlameTheSkinners
06/09/2014 11:00 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Architect
Dixey Ray
for one im a girl for two its a joke I know the rules its a consept idea thing where I exsparment half the time on shading I would use in the finished skin but of corse I get yell at for making a joke wow, Nice Job.
06/09/2014 6:05 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
omeeDoski
um so what kind of skins is needed?
06/09/2014 6:06 pm
Level 48 : Master Blockhead
Happs
When the contest is "officially released" details should be included, after that you can PM a site mod or maybe a judge to get further details and ask if you skin idea is possible.
06/09/2014 5:22 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Necromancer
MusaTheLegend
2. Skins must be new and made for this contest.

We do not and have never accepted any copies or re-posts in our contests, nor do we accept skins created before the contest's announcement date.
06/10/2014 7:18 am
WTFshady
How do you know the skin was made after the contest's announcement date?
06/09/2014 3:21 pm
Level 29 : Expert Explorer
TheHipster
Above the clouds or emotions.

Emotions
Would love to do emotions since it adds a bit more of expression into skins... which IMO sounds sweet!

Above the Clouds
Under the sea, Underground.. hmm.. I feel like it's time for the sky!
nuff said
06/09/2014 2:55 pm
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Batman
PureNerd
there is no rule against, it's not cheating it's preparing, I've never done it but that doesn't make it wrong
06/09/2014 4:44 pm
Happs
here:
Ludicrous
PoppleworksIs it a bad thing I just sat down for 5 hours to pre-make my entry for Above the Clouds?

Yes. You aren't allowed to make your contest entry before the contest is officially announced. If you do enter with that, you'll get diqualified.

(Unless you meant brainstormed how the skin would turn out because that'll be ok)
06/09/2014 2:13 pm
PureNerd
Futuristic Industrial Revolution ftw
06/08/2014 9:31 pm
Dixey Ray
Ya we know what this is going to go start making skin anyone
06/09/2014 5:05 am
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Ludicrous
Actually, you can't make the contest skin till the official contest hasn't started, you'll get DQed as it is against the contest rules.
06/09/2014 2:13 pm
PureNerd
he says he making it, not posting it
06/09/2014 11:02 pm
Dixey Ray
Im a girl cant you tell or are you that GRR I hate being called a boy.
06/09/2014 2:22 pm
Happs
You cannot "make" any part of the skin till it's been announced, you can plan it and brainstorm but you cannot make any bit because then you will have more time than everyone else which is "cheating"
06/08/2014 10:06 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Fish
boy toy name troy
Guys, I'm thinking Elizabethan has it won.
06/08/2014 11:11 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Network
paintsniffer
Arabic and middle eastern duh
06/08/2014 9:09 am
Level 24 : Expert Fish
sualeos
Prehistoric.
06/07/2014 11:45 pm
Jackie1st
Haha, well my personal choice is definitely not in the lead, pretty clear at this point how the poll will probably conclude.
06/06/2014 12:12 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Network
paintsniffer
If there isn't another projects contest soon.......
06/06/2014 5:21 am
Level 76 : Legendary Snark
Aximili
Historical figures would be so funny to do D:
06/06/2014 1:30 am
Level 22 : Expert Blacksmith
bahaar
I voted for middle east/arabic lol, but obviously the above the clouds is gonna win .-.
06/05/2014 11:59 pm
Level 89 : Elite War Lord
Kefka
Emotion would have been awesome, but I don't mind Above the Clouds.
06/06/2014 11:20 am
Level 23 : Expert Architect
Fishies
I know right!! I was 'Emotes all the way.' *Views results* :L
06/05/2014 7:35 pm
Level 41 : Master Giraffe
EnderBlazes
Futuristic Industrial Evolution was my ideal choice, but Above the Clouds is okay too
06/05/2014 4:38 pm
Level 44 : Master Archer
Crabbit
Aw the worst theme ( imo) is going to win.
06/05/2014 2:54 am
Level 25 : Expert Hunter
bigf
Com on Emotions PULL THROUGH
06/04/2014 10:33 pm
Level 23 : Expert Artist
nyancatfeaver45
Emotions or above the cloudzzz...
06/04/2014 8:09 pm
MAJ_Confusion
Ooooo..... A new skin contest, looks like they are trying to do a "Skin Contest Streak"
3 Skin contests so far.
06/04/2014 7:44 pm
Level 22 : Expert Dragonborn
Poppleworks
Is it a bad thing I just sat down for 5 hours to pre-make my entry for Above the Clouds?
06/05/2014 1:16 am
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Ludicrous
Yes. You aren't allowed to make your contest entry before the contest is officially announced. If you do enter with that, you'll get diqualified.

(Unless you meant brainstormed how the skin would turn out because that'll be ok)
06/04/2014 6:56 am
Happs
It seems above the clouds is going to win, I cross my fingers for industrial to boost forward soon
06/04/2014 6:36 am
Level 1 : New Network
minimuzza2
06/04/2014 3:04 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Network
SamPlayzHD
lol
06/03/2014 11:19 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Wizard
CreepinAtMyDoor
Above the Clouds seems... awesome!
06/03/2014 9:08 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
-Kali-
One Man's Trash is another Man's treasure - Is a lot deeper, requires more thought, skin must be carefully thought out. You can't just skin some random idea.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome