Just call me Aero

Aeronica's Avatar Aeronica5/30/16 10:45 am
1 emeralds 183
Howdy all,

I'm pretty old gamer who enjoys a bit of Minecraft now and then. I've been playing mostly modded Minecraft. I've dabbled in Mabinogi, Tera, FFXIV, and Blade and Soul, but I don't really have the reflexes or tolerance for the constant grind to level or get better equipment.

Professionally I'm a Windows server administrator. I've been tinkering with microprocessors and early computers since early 80's, and electronics in general since I can remember. Once in awhile I try my hand a programming.

The first microprocessor I leaned to program was the RCA CDP1802. I bought a COSMAC ELF kit that used that processor with earnings from my first job after high school. It was my first taste of machine language coding. My 2nd computer was a Sinclair ZX-81 with a 16Meg Rampack. The ZX-81 could be programmed using BASIC and you saved and loaded your programs to an audio cassette. Eventually I bought an assembler for the ZX-81 and learned Zilog Z80 assembly language. Using Basic and assembly I wrote some simple utilities and games.

Later I bought a Timex-Sinclair 2068. It was a lot of fun until I fried it when one of my hardware interface experiments failed. The key on the edge connector fell out and the contacts got misaligned and -POOF- my TS-2068 was toast.

When I entered tech school my wife bought me a Commodore 64. I never did much programming with that. Mostly used it for writing up papers for classes and of course playing games. I learned the joy of using floppy disks compared to audio cassettes for saving and loading. my school courses were getting more difficult and I needed a computer with more power. My next PC was an IBM compatible from a kit.

More recently I've been tinkering with modding Minecraft using Forge.

I see I've created quite a long post so I'll end it here. Thanks for reading.
Aeronica
Level 35 : Artisan Modder