Just Some Questions...

MrRichardWilson's Avatar MrRichardWilson1/20/17 7:14 pm
1 emeralds 410 5
1/21/2017 10:28 am
MrRichardWilson's Avatar MrRichardWilson
Hello Everyone!

I joined PMC early 2015, and made a new account recently (Sorry!), but have been playing minecraft much longer than that. Recently I have been looking through the five JILLION rules there are on this website ( ) and I noticed something. In the section "Submission Guidelines" it says you cannot edit someone else's creation and post it as your own, and I get that! I read through it some more, though, and I have a few questions.

1) It never specifically says you cant use someones design, like if you loved how someone's shirt pattern looked on their skin, so you used it on yours. Would that be against the rules? I understand that your work should be "100% Original", but I mean, will I get banned from the website if I used someone else's apple texture in a resource pack?

2) Do I have to credit every single thing?! See above, but also I am wondering if crediting can get out of hand, like if I used a shirt that one person used off of one person who used it off of another person, etc. etc. etc.

3) I would like to know if there is a limit to how many things you can submit. That's all. That's the entire question.

4) Finally last one!!! Can I copy off of my OWN submissions? Can I take the same pants from the skin I posted last week, and then use it one my next skin? Or can I do that same thing with a mod or map or something?

I know that most of the mods and admins will read this and have two thoughts, either "Just read the rules noob", or "This guy has a point." Please help with my questions, as I want to know these things before I submit things that get me in trouble. Thanks, and don't hate me!
MrRichardWilson
Level 9 : Apprentice Explorer