LAN Help

bassmaster828's Avatar bassmaster8284/18/14 9:16 am
1 emeralds 112 2
4/18/2014 9:32 am
bassmaster828's Avatar bassmaster828
So this past weekend I was attempting to play minecraft with my little sister. She was on my mom's laptop and I was on mine. We did not have internet access as we were at our lake house. So I started up a LAN network with my laptop (MacBook Pro) and she was able to connect through our mom's computer (HP).

After connecting to my laptop's created LAN we attempted to play together. However when either of use would attempt to open up a world to LAN neither of us could see the other ones game under multiplayer.

We were both on 1.7.8 with every thing fully updated and we play together on our home wifi network without any issues.

Has anyone ever had an issue similar to this or know any way to remedy it? I tried several times to restart the network and our laptops and even going as far as having her create a network and it still never worked.
bassmaster828
Level 1 : New Miner