I let go of ''W'' Key But Character Keeps moving.

CarloisFilipino's Avatar CarloisFilipino7/7/15 1:57 pm
7/7/2015 9:07 pm
CarloisFilipino's Avatar CarloisFilipino
If someone can help me fix this it would be greatly appreciated . So the problem i have, I've been going through this for like the past 2 months is letting go of my w key but my character keeps moving also it only happens when I press on the w key for a long time but even for like 3 seconds it still moves a bit.Also if I let go of the key and the character keeps moving if I go in a gui/menu like 99% of the time I exit the menu my "W" key doesn't work for like 15-seconds. Editing post so more people can reply and help me .
CarloisFilipino
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/07/2015 8:37 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Programmer
DarkEyeDragon
Try rebinding your w key to something else, and see if that key does the exact same thing. If it does, its related to the forward trigger. I'd say try modding to see if that fixes it but according to your previous posts that doesnt work either. Also check if you dont have 2 keys bind to forward(w). Add me on skype(bv_joske_belg) if the issue keeps happening and i'll try to sort it with you.
07/07/2015 9:07 pm
CarloisFilipino
I will add u and maybe we can screenshare and solve the problem I will greatly appreciate it man.
07/07/2015 8:14 pm
CarloisFilipino
RageGhost
CarloisFilipino
I am using Forge and mods with custom GUI'S but not a hacked client and how do I know if im running vanilla?

Forge essentially replaces the core of the game (when it crashes you'll see that you have an invalidated jar) with its API which allows Forge mods to run. If it's Forge, it's certainly not vanilla. Try restarting the game. That should fix it outright and you shouldn't face the problem for a very long time since it's pretty rare for a pure vanilla install. If it keeps coming back though I'd recommend uninstalling any particularly unpopular mods that may be made by a bad coder since some spazzy code could be what's causing you the problem. I think it could just be the bug in vanilla but I am sure the mod developers of any flawed mods would love the feedback so it can be fixed.
If none of this is helpful then sorry, I really don't understand what's going on. When it happens to me I press escape and go back to the game or I restart the game entirely.

I even tried 1.8.7 without mods or anything just how it is when u first open it but still the issue occurs. But even if u cant fix it thank you for taking your time to help me.
07/07/2015 7:34 pm
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
JozyP
Lol
07/07/2015 5:28 pm
Level 22 : Expert Network
Sounds like your W key is sticky.

Like, you spilled something on it.
So it's sticky.
07/07/2015 5:14 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
OfficiallBlox
Try reinstalling your Minecraft.
07/07/2015 2:14 pm
CarloisFilipino
RageGhost
CarloisFilipino
I actually cleaned my key and replaced the interior with my other laptop keyboard but that doesnt work and letting go of my key and opening a gui does break my ability to use my w key. Bigger problem it is xD.

Are you using any mods, hacked clients, or alternate versions (Forge, LiteLoader, FTB)?
Some mods with custom GUIs are known to have that problem. If you're running vanilla though I'd suggest you'd contact Mojang about it.

I am using Forge and mods with custom GUI'S but not a hacked client and how do I know if im running vanilla?
07/07/2015 2:13 pm
CarloisFilipino
*Update* I actually tried double tapping my w to fix it but now it doesnt work I guess I have a bigger problem.
07/07/2015 2:07 pm
CarloisFilipino
RageGhost
CarloisFilipino
That won't work for me because if i let go of my "w" key and my character keeps moving and I open a gui/menu my "w" key wont work.

I'm just saying you should let go of w, press esc, return to game, and it should go back to normal. If that breaks your ability to use the w key then there might be a bigger problem. Perhaps the key got stuck. Make sure nothing is physically wrong with it or food got underneath.

CarloisFilipino
Wow thx for telling me about the double tap w thing but I wanna be able to fix it forever not just do the same thing over again to stop it.

It's either a bug or the key got stuck. In the case of it being a bug, we'll just have to wait until it's fixed.

I actually cleaned my key and replaced the interior with my other laptop keyboard but that doesnt work and letting go of my key and opening a gui does break my ability to use my w key. Bigger problem it is xD.
07/07/2015 2:01 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
Chron
Double-tap W and it should stop. That usually happens as a result of the key getting stuck. If it doesn't stop, well... You've probably got a larger problem.
07/07/2015 2:04 pm
CarloisFilipino
Wow thx for telling me about the double tap w thing but I wanna be able to fix it forever not just do the same thing over again to stop it.
07/07/2015 2:00 pm
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
07/07/2015 2:02 pm
CarloisFilipino
That won't work for me because if i let go of my "w" key and my character keeps moving and I open a gui/menu my "w" key wont work.
07/07/2015 1:58 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Taco
Johnanater
Maybe your "W" key is broken? On the keyboard
07/07/2015 2:00 pm
CarloisFilipino
I dont think my "W" key is broken because this only happens when I play but outside minecraft it works fine.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome