Life Overseas

Zygardias_Hentur's Avatar Zygardias_Hentur6/30/16 11:55 am
1 emeralds 164
Since I can't post this as a blog, I'll just post this here.
Hey, people! Hope you're all doing well!

Me, I'm still in china for about 2-3 weeks, and ever since my first day here, I've been bombarded with lots of not so happy-go-lucky things in the past couple weeks.I’ve been unable to make skins or stuff in China, because both Minecraftskins.net and Novaskin.me are blocked over here in China. Well, whatever, lets just get to it. Sorry if this font is really messed up, This just happened. This doesn’t happen in America…

So, to start off, on my second day on the trip. I already made a incision in my right leg in the area between the knee and the ankle. You can try what I’m going to tell you what happened, but only do it if you have super good health insurance, or a really good doctor. Me, I’ve got a relative in China who’s crazy good with medicine and acupuncture. Acupuntcture is basically where you stab patients with needles, and those needles can do all sorts of shady stuff.

So, I was eating out with some family friends, and I decided to go outside to get some ‘fresh’ air.(including the fact that the air mainly consisted of just a tad bit less smoke than inside the restaurant.) I decided to go back, when while I was walking up the stairs, my foot slipped on oil that was on the floor, almost making me do the splits, and sending my other foot to the edge of the stair, and because the edge of the stair was a perfect right angle. If you still don’t under stand, here’s a visual. Or, something like it.
     / /     |  |
    | |      |  |
______/____|_____________\   \
             |\_______\

So, if you understood the visual (Even I didn’t get it), then you sort of get what happened. Islipped on the floor, and that sent my front foot sliding forward, and letting my other leg get cut on that stair and put a dent in my bone. So, one of my family friends that also was a caregiver came up, and kindly asked a lady nearby that worked in the store to put up the “Caution: Wet” sign that was like, 2 feet away, and what did the lady do? Well, the lady bluntly said in Chinese: “No, it’s not necessary. He was running, so, if nobody else runs, they’ll be fine.”

I mean, WHAT? Ok, Ok, Ok, lets rewind just a little bit. First, did she actually say that? Yes. Second, was I actually running? No, I was merely doing what you might call ‘speed walking’, except I was doing even LESS than that. Just, a wierd, uh, what-do-you-call-it thingie walk. My friend even saw it. Then, my friend pointed out that the floor was wet or filled with grease, and the lady just replied that it still wasn’t neccesary. So, for 10 minutes straight, my friend tried to get the lady to put up the sign, and for 10 mintes straight, the lady argued that I was running or it wasn’t neccesary. In the end, the lady never did put up the sign. Hooray. End of second day.

So, I went with another friend that was a doctor (not all my family friends are associated with medicine) to see some of her old collegues. Many had passed away or retired, and the few that were still alive were in caregiving homes. We were on our way back and crossing the street, when, all of a sudden, a bus comes from behind us and starts to cross through the intersection. Keep in mind that this is a hospital part of town. Lots of cars are holding patients, visitors, doctors, nurses, assistants, and officers. So, while the bus was crossing from one side of the intersection to an adjacent side, all of a sudden, a ton of people suddenly walked and ran in front of the bus, and the bus stopped. The doors opened, and the ton of people got on. However, remember whan I said that there were a lot of cars in the area? Imagine you’re a ambulance driver, and you’re just about to cross an intersection, when suddenly, a bus stops in the MIDDLE of the the intersection, stopping all trffic for 4 minutes. That could change the course of how a patient does, doesn’t it? What if they might have died? I mean, people in China are always doing pretty stupid things. They’re always jaywalking the streets and highways during rush hour, and crossing the street in front of cars and such. I mean, any one of those cars could KILL you! Do you have any idea how dangerous it is to just cross a street when a car is zooming towards you at 60 miles per hour? Imean, dang.

Another thing. This time, it pretty much has to do with Minecraft, the game we all love and play. I can’t, since it isn’t downloading for me, but yeah. So, yesterday, I went shopping with my friends. We were going through some floors, when we reached the toy section. When I looked at the ‘minecraft’ section that they had. I was mortified. They had turned all the mobs into those really stupid anime characters, and some looked like they would be the yandere-chan in yandere simulator. Then. they also had lego sets, which made more sense. I mean, I love legos. I’ve made an umbrella out of them once, and it worked. What was the problem this time? The spelling. The first one was like, what, Mine-eraft? I mean, what? Is the Mine-e part there because it’s dedicated to Hermoine from Harry Potter? I mean, when you say Mine-e, it does sound like the moine in Hermoine’s name. The second was when they literally completely changed the name to ‘My World’. Great Idea, right? This is what society has come to these days. Taking official products from other countries, and renaming them to other things. I mean, in that same floor, there were star wars products labeled as ‘Space wars’。 Let’s give them a round of applause. *Sarcastically claps* I mean, that’s just as bad as having the word taste be spelled as tasete in a bakery. This is the stuff that happens now on a daily basis now.

Well, don’t get me started on other things, but it’s time for me to go now. I mean, it’s 11:47 right now over here in China. Well, as always, I’ll see you guys next time, and have a great time in your part of the \world!
Zygardias_Hentur
Level 29 : Expert Button Pusher