List of Building Applications

sorroporro's Avatar sorroporro11/28/14 6:11 pm
1 emeralds 782 7
11/29/2014 12:17 am
SilverKytten's Avatar SilverKytten
Hey, guys, I'm sorroporro and I'm super interested in building in Minecraft. I'm working on some things by hand, but I was wondering what applications are there out there on the web that people use to build (links please). I'd like to get a good list so I can see the options.

Applications

Thanks!
sorroporro
Level 9 : Apprentice Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/29/2014 12:17 am
Level 45 : Master Blockhead
SilverKytten
Reer123
It only took me around five minutes to start making maps with world painter. It isn't "nearly impossible" as you say but just needs two ten minute youtube tutorials and you're sorted.

McEdit is savage. I looked at one youtube tutorial and was building cities in a matter of minutes. You can build your house on a superflat world, make it into a schematic with McEdit then you can place that schematic into any of your worlds and if you have enough schematics you have a city.

Making maps is easy with World Painter .. That's what it's meant for. Actually building things that are detailed takes skill.

McEdit doesn't work well on some machines (I've had issues with it running on three out of the five computers I've tried it on) and is inconvenient to use. Not to mention, what you've suggested isn't actually building.
11/28/2014 8:22 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Reer123
SilverKyttenMcEdit isn't great, and both it and (especially) WorldPainter are difficult to use .. WorldPainter being nearly impossible to do anything with, without spending hours figuring out how everything works... I'd suggest setting up a home server to use WorldEdit on or trying out the LiteLoader WorldEdit mod.

It only took me around five minutes to start making maps with world painter. It isn't "nearly impossible" as you say but just needs two ten minute youtube tutorials and you're sorted.

McEdit is savage. I looked at one youtube tutorial and was building cities in a matter of minutes. You can build your house on a superflat world, make it into a schematic with McEdit then you can place that schematic into any of your worlds and if you have enough schematics you have a city.
11/28/2014 7:32 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Architect
sorroporro
Lpswheat
Lpswheat
mathisradicalHey, guys, I'm sorrporro and I'm super interested in building in Minecraft. I'm working on some things by hand, but I was wondering what applications are there out there on the web that people use to build (links please).

Applications

Thanks!

If you are wanting to build, build a server for $300-1000 USD, or rent a server for more things you can do.

So you can have many people help you

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think I'll be fine. I'll remember that if I ever change my mind, though!
11/28/2014 6:52 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Dragonborn
funny bunny
World painter is not that difficult. All it requires is patience and a few youtube tutorials. If you want, I can give you some pointers on world painter, if I have time.
11/28/2014 6:37 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Modder
Lpswheat
Lpswheat
mathisradicalHey, guys, I'm sorrporro and I'm super interested in building in Minecraft. I'm working on some things by hand, but I was wondering what applications are there out there on the web that people use to build (links please).

Applications

Thanks!

If you are wanting to build, build a server for $300-1000 USD, or rent a server for more things you can do.

So you can have many people help you
11/28/2014 6:22 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Modder
Lpswheat

Applications

Thanks!

11/28/2014 6:20 pm
Level 45 : Master Blockhead
SilverKytten
McEdit isn't great, and both it and (especially) WorldPainter are difficult to use .. WorldPainter being nearly impossible to do anything with, without spending hours figuring out how everything works... I'd suggest setting up a home server to use WorldEdit on or trying out the LiteLoader WorldEdit mod.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome