Looking for a cheap laptop

Spawki's Avatar Spawki3/30/15 9:49 am
3/30/2015 11:20 pm
Woodilicious's Avatar Woodilicious
Hello!

I'm looking for a cheap laptop that I could play minecraft with and do some lightweight stuff, I don't need the best one but I do need it to be $450 or less (USD).

Thanks,
Venomous
Spawki
Level 21 : Expert Taco

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/30/2015 11:20 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious
@OP it's pretty late for me, (I should've gotten off pmc an hour ago lol) so I can't find a laptop for you right this moment, but your best bet will be a laptop with an AMD A10-Series APU. (Or A8 if $450 is too low for an A10. Haven't really checked prices recently).

If I remember tomorrow afternoon and no one has replied yet, I might be able to find one that will be able to max out vanilla Minecraft.

@Everyone saying that $450 is too low for a laptop to play Minecraft.
You do realize how incredibly easy Minecraft is to run, right? My Acer C720-2802 Chromebook (ported to linux) gets an average of 50-60fps in Minecraft running medium/high graphics, and it was a $150 laptop.
03/30/2015 10:59 pm
Level 46 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
JohnanaterWell, gaming laptops don't really exist.

I honestly don't understand what people mean when they say this. There are laptops built with gaming in mind (ASUS ROG, Alienware, HP Omen, etc.), and there are laptops not built for gaming that can game pretty well (Dell Precision and some MacBook Pros). Yes they're pretty much always pricey, but they are laptops and they do game.
03/30/2015 9:57 pm
Level 26 : Expert Ranger
Puor
Venomous_Creeper
cheap laptop that I could play minecraft with and do some lightweight stuff.

Just for future reference, OP didn't request a "gaming" laptop.
03/30/2015 11:37 am
Level 43 : Master Creeper
Dr_Steve
I would recommend the Lenovo ThinkPad L430.

Despite it is not a gaming PC, I have thought that it was very good.

I have got 510 FPS on lowest render distance & with OptiFine

I hope this helps!

I do not know what price I have, also, you can see this post I made here
03/30/2015 11:07 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Taco
Johnanater
Well, gaming laptops don't really exist. But if you only want to play Minecraft on it just buy around $500 one, if you get the cheapest your on lowest render distance with optifine still getting 5FPS
03/30/2015 10:43 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Architect
xxNerdCraftxD
You can game on any laptop but my suggestions are quite good for the price to performance ratio charts
03/30/2015 10:41 am
Level 1 : New Network
Light Forge
Just don't 'purchase" some form off included Microsoft perks and Windows Operating System, Should safe u from some hefty (generally included) spending. Installing something like Linux Ubuntu as operating system will do the trick.
03/30/2015 10:18 am
xxNerdCraftxD
Just search Gaming Laptops 450$ in amazon and you can find a pick
03/30/2015 10:17 am
xxNerdCraftxD
You might need to do a little bit of research on this topic.

I would recommend aiming around 500+ dollars for a gaming laptop.

These are some that I found.

Dell Inspiron 11.6-Inch 2 in 1 Convertible Touchscreen Laptop, i3147-3750sLV

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-11-6-Inch-Co ... l+Inspiron

Intel Pentium N3530 Processor
4 GB DDR3L SDRAM
500 GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
11.6-Inch Screen, Intel HD Graphics
Windows 8.1, 7.5-hour battery life

HP 15-p030nr 15.6-Inch Special Edition Laptop with Beats Audio (Red)

http://www.amazon.com/HP-15-p030nr-15-6 ... ing+laptop

AMD A8-5545M 1.7 GHz
8 GB DDR3L SDRAM
1024 GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
15.6-Inch Screen, AMD Radeon HD 8510G graphics
Windows 8.1

I would prefer the first one over the second because of Intel but It's your laptop
03/30/2015 10:13 am
Level 26 : Expert Ranger
Puor
The "Acer Aspire" series is good for lightweight gaming, I've had mine for a few years now.
03/30/2015 10:12 am
Level 1 : New Miner
xorifelse
450 dollars or less is like saying I need the cheapest one available, and those prices rarely come with any bigger screens than 13.3 inch and notebooks with that screen size are called "netbooks".

My opinion, just collect a bit more money so you can buy a decent notebook from a decent manufacturer.

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/th ... ries/e550/

Just 100 dollars above your price, with a graphics card that could run minecraft easily and with a CPU that could survive Microsoft updates for a lot longer than the cheapest would do. Has 4gb of memory as well.

In the long run, this would be a much better investment. Computers don't get slower as they calculate just as fast as the day you bought them. However the updates that come over time make it bit by piece more heavier for the CPU causing you to think your PC is slow.

Sure you can go lower then 550 dollars, but that's all on you.

Edit:
You could also just reinstall your current computer with a different operating system.
Microsoft Windows is quite heavy on your system resources, installing software like http://lubuntu.net/ could improve the performance of your current system, is able to run Minecraft and for office Ambiword and Gnumeric and for web browsing firefox could account for your "lightweight" needs.

Using this operating system could easily expand the usability of your notebook by a year or two. Oh, and its free! All of it.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome