Looking For New Server Owner

RunRampant's Avatar RunRampant4/28/15 10:33 pm
5/5/2015 11:57 am
XPCraft's Avatar XPCraft
Hello, I am Michael. I am the current owner of my server "RunRampant". Over time I have lost the time that I had before to run and manage my server. I was even thinking of just shutting it down, but I had a better idea. The server I currently own is hosted and sponsored by ioTheory Ltd. hosting. They have been hosting my server in exchange for advertising. Due to my lack of time, I have been unable to do this. Because of all this I am looking for someone who is experience, willing, and reliable to run and mange the server as its owner. The person who does take on this title will have full control over the server.

The only stipulation is that you will be subject to over site by myself, ioTheory, and another declared person of trust. I will retain the authority (as well as ioThoery) to strip you of your powers. The trusted person will only be a viewer. Also the right to advertise within the server and make other necessary changes to achieve contractual obligations. Also the right to fire any staff of which you hire. *

The person who takes on the title of owner can do practically anything with the server. Change the name, build whatever, add whatever plugins, hire who you please, and so on. You will though take on the responsibility of the whole server, like any other owner. You will receive help from ioTheory, professionals, and myself.

If you are interested at all, please take some time to fill out the application.

Name:
Email:
Skype Address:
Level in School (if in school):
Years of Minecraft Played:
Previous Experience in Leadership Roles:
Previous Experience working with others:
Previous Experience working with Minecraft Servers:
Previous Experience as a Minecraft Server staff member (if you were one):
Previous Experience as a Server Owner (if you were one):
Previous Experience with plugins:
Previous Experience with computer science:
Previous Experience with advertising:
In a Paragraph describe yourself:
In a Paragraph Describe how you would or have handle unruly staff members:

*Upon making an application and being chosen for the position you agree to rights that have been stated in the 2nd paragraph.
RunRampant
Level 2 : Apprentice Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/05/2015 11:57 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Network
XPCraft
I'm curious about the details of your server such as what kind of server it is, popularity, player count, etc.

Name: Xanderpitz

Time zone: GMT -5:00 (EST)

Email: Withheld...PM for info

Skype Address: Xanderpitz1

Level in School (if in school): Just finished my Bachelor's degree

Years of Minecraft Played: 3.5

Previous Experience in Leadership Roles: I currently own a server myself

Previous Experience working with others: I've had many people join my staff and been on staff with others many times, so I've dealt with all types of personalities.

Previous Experience working with Minecraft Servers: Like I said above, I've been staff/builder on quite a few servers. I'm currently owner of my own, but am also an admin/builder on the Athapix network, and used to be on staff at the Wizry network

Previous Experience as a Minecraft Server staff member (if you were one): Read above

Previous Experience as a Server Owner (if you were one): Currently am one. This is the first time I've been an owner, so no previous experience besides that.

Previous Experience with plugins: I've set up at least 100 plugins for my server alone, including stupidly complex ones like Terrain Control. I've also had experience working with developers and implementing the plugins they've coded. I can say with full confidence, I can pretty much manage almost any plugin added to a server.

Previous Experience with computer science: No coding experience, but I'm a wizard at editing configs

Previous Experience with advertising: Haven't advertised much, but I'm planning on a big outbreak in a few weeks

In a Paragraph describe yourself: I'm a piano performance major and artist at heart, but after finishing school, I've got oodles of extra time. I could give you the whole go-getter shtick but that'd be pretty cliche. What you should know is that whatever I set my heart on, I am 100% dedicated to accomplishing. That in mind, if I was in charge of RunRampant, you can be sure it'd be in good hands.

In a Paragraph Describe how you would or have handle unruly staff members: Everybody on staff gets a fair chance to demonstrate their worth and commitment. If someone's slacking, If I notice a trend where people are slacking off or just not listening to orders, I tend to give the whole group 1 warning. If the problem isn't fixed, I start releasing people from staff. I have a very trusted admin who can help me point out the culprits (though I usually know who it is). If it seems to be just 1-2 people, I'll take it to PMing them on Skype and dealing with it there.
05/05/2015 9:46 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Warrior
yoshee08
Name:Joshua Harper/YosheeHarper

Time zone:CST

Email: yoshee08@gmail.com

Skype Address: Yoshee08

Level in School (if in school): Collage- 2nd year (Don't ask )

Years of Minecraft Played: 1.5

Previous Experience in Leadership Roles: I am an Senior patrol Leader in my scout troop, and am in charge of coordinating about 30 boys, which takes a lot of work. I am currently owner of a server network, have been helper, Mod, Admin, And more on 4-5 other large servers.

Previous Experience working with others: IRL I have been a Patrol Leader for my scout troop, and enjoy teaching, and being taught. IG, I am great with listening to other players, helping out, and in general, being nice.

Previous Experience working with Minecraft Servers: I am the owner of a continuously run survival server, and in the last week, we have converted ourselfs into a large cross-server network.

Previous Experience as a Minecraft Server staff member (if you were one): I have/am been Helper, Moderator, Admin, Developer, and much more on many servers.

Previous Experience as a Server Owner (if you were one): I am currently the owner of a large server network, and am well liked by everyone (almost everyone )

Previous Experience with plugins: I am well rounded in a lot of plugins, and have mess around with them for quite some time before going onto another one. I would say I know how to navigate about 150 plugins off the block, and could figure a lot of new ones out pretty quickly.

Previous Experience with computer science: With regards to CS, I don't do coding. I am more into web design, and CSN (computer systems and networking), as this is what I'm getting my degree in.

Previous Experience with advertising: With regards to the web, I have a lot of connections around the internet, with people who can do me a favor and put up an "advertisement". In minecraft, I know (most of the time) how to sneak in an advertisement under the radar.

In a Paragraph describe yourself: I am well rounded in both school, and mundane topics, such as minecraft. I enjoy playing Minecraft, making, designing, and coding websites. I have a few hobbies, such as mowing the lawn xD and being an amateur radio operator. I am very friendly, and am fine with a lot of things. I am also very relaxed, and enjoy life in general.

In a Paragraph Describe how you would or have handle unruly staff members: In the past, I have treated staff members who are abusing permissions, with a three strikes your out system. Once you hit three, your no longer staff. That seams to work most of the time.

Thank you for taking the time to read, and I hope to hear from you soon!

Josh
05/05/2015 1:08 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Crafter
Darkzek1
Are u announcing it 2day? Very excited!!!
05/02/2015 6:13 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Sharkey_
Name:Ryan a.k.a Sharkey_

Time zone: GMT

Email: Sharkeyleft@gmail.com

Skype Address: Will DM

Level in School (if in school): Currently I am working at B-A in all my classes except French and Music

Years of Minecraft Played: I cannot remember but it was quite a while ago

Previous Experience in Leadership Roles: I have owned 2 servers of my own one with a playerbase of 10 the other of 25, I have been staff on multiple servers the highest rank being Co Owner, Admin and Head Admin.

Previous Experience working with others: I have played a lot of minecraft over the years and have met a lot of nice people, I alos owned two servers with 7 staff members on each one, I also made a lot of friends doing GFX on twitter and irl

Previous Experience working with Minecraft Servers: As previously said I owned two servers one was a pixelmon server with a small playerbase along with staff while the other was a faction server I have also helped my friends out with their servers and been staff on many servers before

Previous Experience as a Minecraft Server staff member (if you were one): I have been Co owner on a server, owned 2 servers and been staff on a lot more of which I cannot recall their names
Previous Experience as a Server Owner (if you were one):I was I nice server owner but stuck to the rules I set I welcomed players and helped then with anything they needed I acted more as a friend then as a owner but would quickly put on the owner hat if people were disobeying the rules set
Previous Experience with plugins: I know hot to install almost any plugin and those that I don't I can google
Previous Experience with computer science: I am currently taking Computer science as a GCSE and have been learning coding
Previous Experience with advertising: Being a server owner I have had to advertise to keep my server alive through youtube or PMC/Any other forums
In a Paragraph describe yourself: I am 15 year old kid who loves anime and gaming, I am a good student and like to try do everything by myself although I do appreciate any help, I have been through a rough three years in my life and have just come out of it, I fun for 1 hour every day and enjoy relaxing. I would describe myself as I normal gamer
First of all I would gather all evidence and make my decision on the matter or ask for help from you, if fount out to have done something wrong I would Demote them and reset the players profile from the server so he has to start again, if I believe he/she has changed I will let her/him re apply for a staff position although it would be harder to get, if they did something outrageous I would temp ban them or 1 week so I can discuss with you/others what will happen.
05/02/2015 5:49 pm
RunRampant
Still looking for candidates.
04/30/2015 3:18 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
x_Zombie_x
Name: Tyler Songster

Time zone: Central (USA)

Email: songstertyler@gmail.com

Skype Address: tyler.songster

Level in School (if in school): Not in school! Graduated in 2014!

Years of Minecraft Played: 5

Previous Experience in Leadership Roles: I have been the owner of a couple servers over the past years, they did not succeed because I was in high school and more focused on school work. I have been apart of small projects ranging from server assistance to server hosting. At this point in time I am the Co-Owner of a small Factions server That has just recently opened up!

Previous Experience working with others: I love helping others, even if I'm not a staff member on a server I will try to help anyone the best that I can. I am never rude to other people.

Previous Experience working with Minecraft Servers: I have experience with everything from setting up an maintaining plugins to building.

Previous Experience as a Minecraft Server staff member (if you were one): In previous years I have had experience from being anything from builder to Owner of many different servers.

Previous Experience as a Server Owner (if you were one): I have been Owner of 1 Prison server, 2 Op Prison servers, and a Factions/Vanilla server.

Previous Experience with plugins: I have a lot of experience with plugins, I am able to setup any plugin that any server could ever need!

Previous Experience with computer science: The only computer science stuff that I have worked with is Web Development, and I took that for two years in High School!

Previous Experience with advertising: Advertising is not my strong suit, I know that if you want to run a successfull minecraft server you have to post your server an all of the forums, to make sure that everyone is able to see it.

In a Paragraph describe yourself: I am a normal friendly 19 year old guy living in the middle of the US, Last year I graduated from high school, and now I am looking in to going to college part time to either study business or web development. In my spare time I am usually hanging out with friends having a great time.

In a Paragraph Describe how you would or have handle unruly staff members: I would tell them that there services are no longer needed at this point in time, and if they feel like applying for a position in the future they are free to do so. I am Not a mean person I sometimes give second chances, but there is a fine line between a staff member breaking a rule and a staff member to does not listen to upper level staff!

I hope you consider my application, and I hope to hear from you soon!

Sincerely.
Tyler Songster
04/30/2015 12:55 am
RunRampant
All applicants will be contacted in the next week. If not, please message me.
04/29/2015 3:15 am
Darkzek1
Name: Marshall Dunken
Time zone: wellington+12
Email: mashdowne@hotmail.co.nz
Skype Address: mashdowne@hotmail.co.nz
Level in School (if in school): Yr 8
Years of Minecraft Played: Ive player since beta like when paulsoars jr first made a minecrafts lets play
Previous Experience in Leadership Roles: I've had allot I can show u im a good owner because I have my own server but I dont open it much cuz I don't have the PC power
Previous Experience working with others: I love working with others because I'm a happy guy ;D and I have tryed proramming a game with others (didde'nt work out ;/)
As I stated above I own a minecraft server but yeah lol But I have set up many I have help a server called mtubbacraft grow and become big lol i did but teh owner had to shut it down because of family reasons
Yes one that server Mtubbacraft I had Head-Admin but it was more like owner I did all the things an owner would do lol and I have tryed to help lots and lots of other server but they dont seem to need help
XD really like a stated above I have been a server owner and admins and allot of other wierd ranks (secret admin)
Yes I have setup many server but none of them had ever really shot up
Yes i'm leaning to code in c++ right now and i'm also making robots out of lego to follow tracks and pick up cans
Yes infact that server Mtubbacraft I advertised and got the first 3 players on I know PMC is really good to get people and to bribe people to vote like all the big servers do
I'm a happy funny creative smart teen who loves minecraft! and loves helping other people and cheering other people up
Well depends what they did
If they banned everybody in the server I would ban them lol
If they were abusing their powers I would give them a warning then next time boom demoted two levels (that abusing i ment like building bedrock bases)
If they just muted a random person then I would mute them and give them 1 warning next time demoted!
04/29/2015 3:15 am
Darkzek1
Name: Marshall Dunken
Time zone: wellington+12
Email: mashdowne@hotmail.co.nz
Skype Address: mashdowne@hotmail.co.nz
Level in School (if in school): Yr 8
Years of Minecraft Played: Ive player since beta like when paulsoars jr first made a minecrafts lets play
Previous Experience in Leadership Roles: I've had allot I can show u im a good owner because I have my own server but I dont open it much cuz I don't have the PC power
Previous Experience working with others: I love working with others because I'm a happy guy ;D and I have tryed proramming a game with others (didde'nt work out ;/)
As I stated above I own a minecraft server but yeah lol But I have set up many I have help a server called mtubbacraft grow and become big lol i did but teh owner had to shut it down because of family reasons
Yes one that server Mtubbacraft I had Head-Admin but it was more like owner I did all the things an owner would do lol and I have tryed to help lots and lots of other server but they dont seem to need help
XD really like a stated above I have been a server owner and admins and allot of other wierd ranks (secret admin)
Yes I have setup many server but none of them had ever really shot up
Yes i'm leaning to code in c++ right now and i'm also making robots out of lego to follow tracks and pick up cans
Yes infact that server Mtubbacraft I advertised and got the first 3 players on I know PMC is really good to get people and to bribe people to vote like all the big servers do
I'm a happy funny creative smart teen who loves minecraft! and loves helping other people and cheering other people up
Well depends what they did
If they banned everybody in the server I would ban them lol
If they were abusing their powers I would give them a warning then next time boom demoted two levels (that abusing i ment like building bedrock bases)
If they just muted a random person then I would mute them and give them 1 warning next time demoted!
04/28/2015 10:51 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
praa
Name: Laish Goldberg

Time zone: Mountain Standard

Email: weadsy1@gmail.com

Skype Address: weadsy3

Level in School (if in school): I'm currently in middle school and am in grade 8.

Years of Minecraft Played: Roughly 4, although I have taken some time off lately.

Previous Experience in Leadership Roles: This question is fairly ambiguous, but if you mean in minecraft, I have owned 2 servers both of which have failed do to funds, and I have been an admin on 3, and mod on 4.

Previous Experience working with others: In school, I often have to be paired with others that I would typically not choose, but I have to make due with it, so I'm fairly good at working with others.

Previous Experience working with Minecraft Servers: I used to play a lot on large servers like hypixel, but then I got more interested in smaller servers, mainly op factions, and bending servers. I then took some time of minecraft and when I got on I decided to pursue my interests in server management. But I still enjoy going on bending servers.

Previous Experience as a Minecraft Server staff member (if you were one): As I mentioned several questions ago I have owned 2 servers, I have been an admin on 3, and a moderator on 4, including the ones I was admin on(Promotion).

Previous Experience as a Server Owner (if you were one): Yes I owned 2 servers but sadly they did not make it because not many people donated.

Previous Experience with plugins: I'm very skilled with plugins, as a server owner I had a lot of time to use plugins. I learned how to use FTP, and how to work with plugins, and there inner code.

Previous Experience with computer science: I do not have a lot of experience with computer sciences, although I do enjoy learning how to code in different languages, and I have taken several courses, on javascript, and Html.

Previous Experience with advertising: I can't say I'm very good at advertising, I can post servers, on pmc, and mcs, but other than that I do not have much experience
In a Paragraph describe yourself: I'm very loyal, I like to have respect from my peers. I can be fairly hot headed. Although I am also an open-mined person, I enjoy taking risks if they are beneficial to me and my community, I am a bit strict but can also be caring and empathetic. I enjoy making others laugh, but am also serious when the situation calls for it.

In a Paragraph Describe how you would or have handle unruly staff members: When I handled my server I had no tolerance for staff members acting up. By this I do not mean getting into a small argument with me over a plugin or a player, I mean if a staff members was, respectful to me or another staff member, if a staff member griefed, if a staff member trolled, if a staff member abused privileges. The typical punishment would be a ban or a full demote/deop, this punishment really depends on the crime.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome