Looking for a Server Developer

Dark_Gap's Avatar Dark_Gap3/21/15 12:49 pm
4/1/2015 11:08 am
Hebb's Avatar Hebb
DISCLAIMER: This is a serious position. There will be an actual interview process here. This will act as a real job. Money will be made. Do not apply if you can not uphold your side of this job.

Summary:
I am beginning to start up a new minecraft server network. Dedicated servers, factions, creative, kitpvp, prison, and more. I cannot do it all alone. I will need some help starting, setting up, and managing the many servers this will have. The split of the money from donations can be discussed. Running a private server so far, I am not going to release the servers until at least 2 of them are functioning properly.

What I am looking for:
Someone who is willing to put in many hours a week into this network. Who are extremely knowledgeable about Minecraft and Coding Plugins. Someone mature enough to handle players and the server at the same time. Looking for people ages 17+.
Remember, this is a real application with a real Skype interview, I have posted on several other sites and I have a ton of applications to handle. Again, your payment can be discussed.

Web Application:
Questions marked with an '*' must be answered with a paragraph to be considered.
Real name ( Can be held until interview ):
How long have you played MineCraft?:
Why do you want to be a part of this network?*:
What skills do you have with building plugins?*:
Misc.(Not required):
Hours available (weekdays and weekends):
IGN:
Skype Name ( Can be held until acceptance for interview ):

Mature applications only please. I start judging your application just on how it looks, be mature. AGES 17+ ONLY.
Dark_Gap
Level 1 : New Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/01/2015 11:08 am
Level 44 : Master Pixel Painter
Hebb
bump
03/22/2015 2:10 pm
Dark_Gap
Please re-read the summary as some changes have been made.
03/22/2015 11:12 am
Dark_Gap
Positions for Owners have been filled at this time. Your application may be used in the future though. We are now searching for experienced Plugin Developers. Serious replies only please.
03/22/2015 3:32 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Generosum
First off let me start with saying that I'd much rather start this interview from Skype, I've never liked doing this type of thing over PMC. I'm not going to make my app look pretty I'm going to tell it to you straight and simple.
My name is Kin, no this is obviously not my real name we can discuss that if you decide to contact me further. I am turning 17 in 3 days and unfortunately I also have exams all of this week so I may be a little distracted. I live in Australia (UTC+10:00) and I have been playing Minecraft for a few years now, I do not remember when exactly I first started playing, it has been on and off for a few years. I'd like to be a part of your network as I would like to take this as an opportunity to further my skills in Web Development, Coding and Leadership. The skills I possess as mentioned above are:
- I can code websites, though that is the outdated way of doing it, I can make a website or maintain one for you very easily using the tools at my disposal.
- I know how to handle plugins and I know my way around a server. I have recently owned my own Garry's Mod server and I did fairly well for myself until it sadly had to go down for reasons of my own. I know most simple coding languages and can configure and possibly even write plugins if I put my mind to it.
- I am a natural leader. I have always been a leader in life though I had not seen it until recently, I am trustworthy, responsible and can handle stress well. I hardly ever lose my temper and on the very rare occasion that I do I know how to handle myself to not do something stupid.
- I am good with people. I am easy to get along with and I like to socialize.
I can be available most days from 3PM onwards and available all weekend. (Unless I have expressly told you why I cannot be online.)
My Minecraft in game name for now is Shurikin, thought it could possibly be changing sometime in the future as I will be purchasing a new Minecraft account.

Thanks for reading this and if you like what you have read please get back to me via my Skype.
kinandwolf
-Generosum
03/22/2015 1:17 am
Pwns Builds

TimeZone and Country: Pacific, US

How long have you played MineCraft?: Since the start, 2009

Why do you want to be a part of this network?*: I saw that you wanted to start up such a giant network of servers and I thought, man, this guy can use some help. I really do love to help with this kind of stuff and then to get to watch a community grow after you're done with the setup.

What skills do you have that can be useful to the network?*: I consider myself experienced in everything to do with minecraft. I take pride in everything I build, I can help with plugins on account I run my own custom private server, and I've been owner, co owner, op and admin on many other servers. I've also had many run ins with annoying ddosers and so I can handle them pretty well for that matter. The last thing, I have a small Youtube following and can make a promo video for the server that could get about a hundred views. (Not the best, but a bit.)

Hours available (weekdays and weekends): This is probably the biggest problem. In the month of March I have almost no time, but in April my schedule clears up. For March I can maybe squeeze in 3 hours total weekdays, and weekends probably 5 daily. In April I can do probably 7 hours weekdays instead.

IGN: Iwillpwnu1234(I was young when I made it lol don't judge me)
03/21/2015 11:34 pm
ztherrien99123
Real name ( Can be held until interview ): Zach. Last name will be told to you.

Age: 16, I realize the age requirement but I have experience with server(I own one(thecrewmc.net) and I have much experience with Hmtl, CSS, Plugins including javascript.)

TimeZone and Country: Eastern, US.

How long have you played MineCraft?: ~6 years give or take

Why do you want to be a part of this network?*: I..think you should allow me to be a part of the network because I can be a lot of help, as I have experience. I have a good understanding of just about everything in owning and running a server. I feel I could benefit the network and I'm not afraid of doing work. I know of the constant work and upkeep involved in servers and websites. I am willing to put in the hours of work involved, and from experiencing it myself, Ive become quite the multi-tasker.

What skills do you have that can be useful to the network?*: I have many skills that would be useful to your network, I know HTML and CSS pretty well and can do a lot with a website. I also have experience with servers and plugins, including Javascript. When there is a problem with a server or website, you can trust me to be able to fix it.

Hours available (weekdays and weekends): Most days of the week, I am in school but have little homework and am on many hours a day.

IGN: Ztherrien1881

Skype Name ( Can be held until acceptance for interview ): I would rather tell you privately.
03/21/2015 8:14 pm
Level 1 : New Mage
KillForAPancake
Real name ( Can be held until interview ): I would prefer to disclose my real name in the privacy of the interview.

TimeZone and Country: EST (GMT -5 I believe)

How long have you played MineCraft?: Roughly 3 and a half years but I do not exactly recall the exact date I got it for my birthday from a friend.

Why do you want to be a part of this network?*: As an experienced minecraft player and fan, I know the game very well, this allows me to help people who are newer to the game, server styles and more. My fun personality does not just make me "Boring" like some staff, but also someone who you can laugh, joke and talk with. My reserving and fun nature makes it decent to make friends. The server has potential and the ideas are absolutely astounding, I wish to help the server become its best by contributing as much as I can! Me being staff would make me put the members first, trying to make their experience on the server stress free, fun and enjoyable. I am not pushy in any ways and never intend to ban people without the evidence, or the reason. I want to be able to create relationships with the members that would stay, and make sure that people stay nice. I would put great effort into the server and if I do anything wrong, no matter how little, tell me and I will FIX my acts and improve. I can moderate websites, the server and more if required. With me being very versatile, along with a good gaming computer, I can have many different things open at one point this means that I will be able to lots of things at once in an efficient manner.

What skills do you have that can be useful to the network?*: Managing people and staff alike, helping people, and keeping things organized are my three best skills that I am capable of offering to the network.

Hours available (weekdays and weekends): Weekdays: From 4:00 - 10:00 PM, Friday: 1:30 PM to as late as I want and on Weekends I wake up around 11:00 usually so basically anytime after that but if I ever come across a situation where it will take some time away from my schedule I will be sure to notify you before hand. Note those are not times I am guaranteed to be on constantly. I can usually be on a few hours 2-3 most likely per day and quite often more than that on the weekends.

IGN: Killforpancakes

Skype Name ( Can be held until acceptance for interview ): killforpancakes
03/21/2015 6:11 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Crafter
Server_Help32
I am not interested in being a CO-OWNER but would be interested in helping you with setting up the server with little to no payment (Mainly just like helping people and getting more experience) We are a two person team allowing us to get things done quickly. We have a strong background with command blocks and can do some incredible things with them. We are decent at redstone and ran a server ourselves a while back but got to busy helping others to keep it running. We also have a nitch for working out problems. Like I said we don't need payment but it would be appreciated (Who wouldn't like a few extra bucks Just send me a reply in this chat and we can get more into if you want us.
(We will not ask for staff for helping you or ask for anything else) We wish you the best of luck !
03/21/2015 5:13 pm
KingHospitaller
Name:

TimeZone and Country: EST, United States

How long have you played MineCraft?: Since 1.2.3

Why do you want to be a part of this network?*: I have always loved minecraft, but as of recently have not had a server to devote my time to. I would love to have something to devote my recreational energy towards, as well as put the skills I am learning as an Account/Econ student at University to work. I have looked into a few different opportunities, but none have been as serious as yours or have worked out in any meaningful way.

What skills do you have that can be useful to the network?*:
- Been playing MC since 1.2.3
- I have owned a server once before, and worked extensively as a co-owner once before.
- I have moderated on many and admin'd a few
- Strong desire to be fair.
- As a Uni student I have tons of time throughout the day to devote to MC
- Maturity comes with age, and I'm not an old man but I am quite old for the MC community.
- As the co-owner of my previous position I have designed a new unique sever staff management system from the ground up in a completely new and more efficient way.
- In one of my Admin positions I designed the server economy (in game and out) completely from the ground up.
- As I was once an owner I have extensive knowledge of plugin configuration.
- While I am no coder I have taken 2 University courses in java, so that affords me some knowledge to help with general minecraft and JavaSE binary issues.

Weaknesses (for your benefit):
- School comes first. During Midterms and Finals I will be basically unavailable aside from short times that I set aside to relieve stress.
- As an RA for the university if there is some sort of emergency I will also have to quit at a moments notice and not return for a couple of hours at the least. (These do not occur that often)

Hours available: Weekdays: 5+ Weekends: 8+

IGN: KingHospitaller

Skype Name: ResidentBenjj

As this is a real job I feel the need to treat it with the respect that I would another job and I feel I am not properly conveyed in parameters of the applications so with your permission I will add a Misc. section.

Misc./Other
I would like to use this page to list some of my accomplishments and perhaps elaborate on what they mean in regards to my skills and what I can do for you and the server.
- I am a honors student at my state university.
I believe this speaks about my work ethic and drive for success.
- I am a Residential Adviser for my dorm at my university.
This means that I watch over one of our wings in the dorm and everyone of the college students in it. I think this speaks towards my maturity, ability to resolve conflicts, and ability to handle a position of authority.
- I have practice in hiring people.
As an RA we have to help with the selection of the RAs that will be hired in the future, so I have conducted interviews with people before.
- I have played on many server and therefore seen all the problems that can befall them both form an administrative standpoint and a player standpoint.

If you have any questions about my abilities that I didn't hit on well enough here or would like to talk further you have my skype.
Thanks for your time,
Ben
03/21/2015 1:40 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
st6sniper1
Age: 15 almost 16 , I relize that there is an age limit but I am applying any way
TimeZone and Country: I currently live in NY , America . And my time zone is northern standard
How long have you played MineCraft?: About a year and a half
Why do you want to be a part of this network?*: I would like to be your business partner because I recently left my admin position on a semi-popular server. The reason I left is that I got very board of doing the same everyday. After I left I started learning how to make custom banners and how to edit websites. I have made several animated banners and I am Very good at making basic banners. I feel that A network would be a great place for me to work. So many different tasks for me to work on. I can design and manage your website professionally every day for 2-4 hours. I put time and effort into my work and I do not publish or sell my work until it is done and it is pleasing to my client.
What skills do you have that can be useful to the network?*: I have many skills like being able to work well with a team, I put a lot of effort and time into my work. I use adobe Photoshop, And Adobe Dreamweaver to create professional websites and banners for business's , minecraft servers and many other people.
Hours available (weekdays and weekends): weekdays about 4 hours , weekends all day and late at night
IGN:st6sniper1
Skype Name ( Can be held until acceptance for interview ): William drummer

I do not work for money , Unless its a big job. All I would like in return is credit for the work I do for the server. And I do not want a forever staff position. When you need me to do something for the server I will come and do it. I may be working with other servers to help them as well. Thanks for reading
03/21/2015 1:18 pm
Level 44 : Master Pixel Painter
Hebb
Network Website Developer Application

Real name ( Can be held until interview ):
Daniel Hebbard
16 (17 In June) (I know the requirement states 17 years old but please, consider my application.)
TimeZone and Country:
Greenwich Mean Time Zone (UTC+00:00) England
How long have you played MineCraft?:
I have been playing Minecraft ever since 16th April, 2011. I started playing during 1.3 BETA.
Why do you want to be a part of this network?*:
I would like to be apart of the network because I believe that helping with website development will give me the experience I need to hopefully become a full time Web Developer in the future. I would also like to join because I think that it is a very exciting project and could turn out great if the right amount of effort and dedication is put into it. I code my sites from scratch in a simple text editor whilst still producing some very good looking results. I ALSO use Photoshop to create GFX when needed. If you need any examples on my website development work, I will be able to provide you links through Skype. Right now, I only wish to work for experience. So you do not have to pay me unless you think the work that I am doing is of a high enough standard.
What skills do you have that can be useful to the network?*: Some of the skills that I think could be useful to the network would be: Creativity - I love designing projects (e.g web development) I am also an avid builder in Minecraft. I enjoy building my own designs. Experience with Minecraft servers - I have a huge amount of server experience over the years. I have seen Minecraft servers blossom into wonderful communities and I have been staff on more servers than I can count. I've even owned a few myself. I have experience with installing plugins, writing permissions, configuring plugins, WorldEdit etc. (More info on Skype)
Hours available (weekdays and weekends):
Well, I'm currently attending college so, I can dedicate around 3-5 hours everyday working on the site. After the site is finished, I would be able to dedicate the same amount of time helping with building maybe.
IGN:
Zetobyte
I do not wish to post publicly.

Thanks for reading my app.
- Dan
03/21/2015 1:05 pm
Emal97
TimeZone and Country: Sweden
How long have you played MineCraft?: From Beta
Why do you want to be a part of this network?*: I want to be part of a new project and help out.
What skills do you have that can be useful to the network?*: Well, I have worked on multiple big servers in the past and have great knowledge of how to run good servers. I have experience with both BungeeCord and websites also. More information on skype.
Hours available (weekdays and weekends): 5-10 Hours.
IGN: Emal97
Skype Name: Emal97
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome