Looking for some help with Command Blocks, etc. (:

Taintly's Avatar Taintly6/29/16 7:51 pm
1 emeralds 932 7
8/25/2016 3:18 pm
Suphacker_Tem's Avatar Suphacker_Tem
Hey! I am a minecraft player who wants to get their name known. I plan to make some really fun intricate maps (Parkour, Find the button, and some original ideas) But I don't know a thing about Command blocks, or really redstone in general. So I was just looking for someone who did, so that I could ask questions when I need help. I'd hope they were available very often, to make it convenient for me, but I'll take all of the help I can get. If you are skilled in this area and are interested in helping, Please reply to this, or add me on skype @TwistedPhase (:
Taintly
Level 8 : Apprentice Skinner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/25/2016 3:18 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
Suphacker_Tem
Im here for ya.
08/18/2016 8:57 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Dragon
DatBat11
I can help.
07/27/2016 9:50 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Modder
jtrent238
I can help.
07/27/2016 9:10 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Captain Ram
I can help You Just message me whenever
07/19/2016 8:25 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
TheBlazeNetwork
well to start you need to get a command block- use /give @p command_block

@p targets nearest player
@e targets all entities
@a targets all players
@r targets a random player

Probably the flashiest commands to use in an adventure map are-

/tellraw and /title

The most useful would be-
/testfor /testforblock and /fill

/fill can be used like world edit filling blocks from point A to point B except in a three dimensional way.

/testfor can test for a player in a certain place or radius, it can also test for attributes, experience lvl, and items or armor in a players inventory.

/testforblock tests for a block at the specified coordinates which can be very useful when making mini games.

/tellraw displays words in chat without a name or [@] in front of it.
you could also add color, hoverEvents, or clickEvents.

/title displays large characters in the center of the screen hence the name title./title is very similar to /tellraw in the construction of the command itself.

-simple examples of the above commands-

/tellraw @a {"text":"(text)"}

/title @a title {"text":"(text)"}

/testfor @p - /testfor @p[r=2] (tests for a players within two blocks)

/testforblock (x) (y) (z) [block name or tag: example: minecraft:diamond_ore]

/testfor and /testforblock are used with a redstone comparator to actually use it correctly.

/fill (x) (y) (z) (x) (y) (z) [data tag aka what block you are filling that space with]

you can copy and paste these commands in a single player world to test them out.

If you need any help just contact me here, I am the Vanilla Developer on two minecraft servers so I do this stuff all the time.
07/12/2016 6:38 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Architect
Gloommoon721
I'd listen to JaMcSu. Here's a useful link to help get you started: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tutorials/Command_block
07/12/2016 6:24 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Engineer
Emrison
Hello. I do not mean to come across as rude or inconsiderate but honestly, it would be MUCH easier to learn commands by yourself. Mess around with them. Thats what makes a true redstonee.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome