Looking for Tips of the Trade and Contacts

NaruSenpai's Avatar NaruSenpai4/28/17 4:26 am
1 emeralds 267 1
4/28/2017 10:00 am
SensorialGlint6's Avatar SensorialGlint6
Hello, Hello, Hello,
I wanted to pose a couple questions to all of you out there. Main topics including server advertising, being unique, and reaching out to meet people.
We'll start with the latter just because it's a good ice breaker. My name is Naru and I've been playing Minecraft between 5 and 6 years. I'm very passionate, anything I do is backed by my love to do it or I wouldn't be involved with it. The passion that brings me here is, of course, Minecraft. I've been heavily involved with four servers in the past that have made me who I am today. The joy and community I found on those servers has always inspired me and made me hope that one day I could give those same feelings to others. Which leads me to the rest of my post. . .
I won't get into too much of the meat of my server as you can find information on it on my profile, but what I will say is that I've worked hard on it and I know it can offer a different experience from other servers. I can't say it's entirely unique, although I do have ideas that no other servers I know of have implemented, but I know it's a solid base for the network I hope to grow.
I wondered how all of you server owners and admins out there advertise your server effectively, and similarly I wondered how those of you who search for and play on servers find and choose one. My server and I have a lot to offer and I launched it yesterday knowing that while my custom plugins and my map were ready, my advertisements weren't going to be able to draw the crowd I desire.
So, I came here to reach out for help so here are my questions - How can I go about advertising effectively? What are people looking for when they choose a server? What makes a server worth staying on? How do I avoid players "bouncing" when they log onto the server due to a low player count?
If anyone wants to chat about Minecraft I'd love to brainstorm with you.
NaruSenpai
Level 1 : New Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/28/2017 10:00 am
Level 44 : Master Crafter
SensorialGlint6
Firstly would like to say hello and sorry, as this will be a long one.

As to your questions, especially regarding the advertisement. As someone who run various servers for 10 years in various games, I would say the best tactic is to first sit down slow down and answer yourself few questions that you will want to address in advertisement. Why would anyone play on your server? Why would they stay on your server and not join another one? What do you offer in turn for their time investment? When you honestly answer those questions without being biased, you will have descent ground to build your advertisement on. Especially as each advertisement is just that, answering players questions and trying to get players to be interesting in the offer.

As for where to advertise that would really depend on the allocated servers budget. If you want really good campaign that would do more, you should expect to spend some of that cash if not the biggest cut of the funds. Of course you have direct and free forum posts that you can make on at least 2 places; recruitment and server ad sections, on at least 2 popular forum sites. Another good way to advertise is to get people to have post with your server banners on sites like MC-m, just make sure those people post quite regularly as that will mean more daily eyes on your banners. Another way would be to get some content creators to make some paid or free trailers/ gameplays etc of the server. For this one I would advise 1K subs as minimum requirement placed as that would rise the % of investment return.

Now here is a thing. Nobody even I can promise that the above will mean you will get players. And if they do they are fools. Advertisement it self works only so far, as for example; you cant get people to buy rotten apples with even the best ad.

This brings us to server content, which will actually answer all the other questions. People are looking for good and interesting content to spent their time on, and be interested to come back each time. A server might not have the best builds in the world but it would be the content and amount of stuff for people to do that will keep them coming back. Another thing most look for is something different, something new to try out. If your just another pure faction server then why should they stop their progress on exactly same server and start from scratch same journey on yours?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome