Looking for a website developer

curtisthomad's Avatar curtisthomad8/31/16 4:11 pm
1 emeralds 165 4
8/31/2016 10:37 pm
RIPHarambe's Avatar RIPHarambe
Contact my skype Rhy5man Urgent: We need You Asap Were releasing tommorrow
curtisthomad
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/31/2016 7:00 pm
Level 24 : Expert Modder
38a
Immature, unprepared, and all around dumb would be some of the words I would use whilst described this "Rhys," or as his alias suggests, "curtisthomad."

He has no idea what he wants in a website, and infact, he isn't even the one who would be paying for it. He isn't the person actually ordering the website. Due to the fact that his only desire was for the website to look like "vortexpvp.com." To quote him exactly,

"As enjin forums Make it Good You know play.vortexpvp.com something like that" -- Then later -- "vortexpvp.com/ Pretty much like that"

In addition, he wants the website in under a day. Whilst adding me to a group chat with the owner, he elaborated that the guy who actually wanted the website was asleep, and would be able to tell me when he woke up! So in eight or so hours, the owner would get up to possibly tell me exactly what Rhys told me. After replying to him asking with what he wanted specifically once again, he then replied with "I Need Options Previous work? Templates?" Obviously before I wanted to commit to this project at all by even showing my prior work, I wanted to know precisely what he wanted. Starting to agitate me, I explained that to him. In a multitude of times asking for my age, I swept passed the question, simply trying to get him to explain anything about anything he wanted. Obviously it wasn't clear to him I needed for information, and that I needed it now if I was going to make this website in less than a day.

Shortly after my small eruption of anger with this dimwit, he then attempted to scam me into the project. Claiming he would give me $100 if I started on the project immediately. Disregarding the fact that he had given me no details other then another website, I attempted to make the best of the situation by agreeing with his plan, and requesting a $50 down-payment to prevent him scamming me. He claimed I would take the money and run, sweeping right past my logic that he would have been able to sue me for fraud, or chargeback/dispute the payment over PayPal.

Offering an alternative, I attempted to suggest that I would meet him halfway, and make part of the website, send him screenshots, then he would make the down-payment before I continued. He was not fond of this plan saying I could take the money and run . . . So essentially this guy wanted me to give him a website, then he would "pay me" $100. That seems not sketchy at all. Not even a bit.

Then asking for prior work, I showcased one of the teams I had worked with in the past. The thread has plenty of vouches, so I assumed that would put him at ease. To say the least, it did not.

At this point I offered him an ultimatum, he can quit out, or he can send me a message when he is ready to get a website in the making. I was sick of having my time wasted by a child. He made his decision -- Here's exactly what he said:

"Ill pull out I don`t want a little kid trying to scam I cant believe how sad you are Bye" -- Shortly afterwards, -- "Blocked "

I have no further words at this point.

Have a nice day.
38a
08/31/2016 9:36 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
peterplayzmc
Lol
08/31/2016 10:37 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
RIPHarambe
Thank you for letting everyone know. I was just about to contact him on Skype until I read your comment. Have a good day.
08/31/2016 5:46 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
_Fraser_
I have messaged you.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome