Lord of the Rings Roleplay Siege Map

werminigames's Avatar werminigames11/26/14 5:40 pm
1 emeralds 1.4k 1
11/26/2014 6:32 pm
Reer123's Avatar Reer123
I am almost finished with my Lord of the Rings Siege map! It uses tons of command blocks, a custom made castle, 12 classes and was made by myself and the staff on my server! for more information, click on my profile and my projects out, or click this link http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/ ... ngs-siege/
werminigames
Level 4 : Apprentice Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/26/2014 6:32 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Reer123
Walls

I'm not saying you should copy this wall exactly but at least make your walls, detailed.

The walls that I can see from the images provided are small, basic and lack any detail whatsoever. You should look up reference images of walls in Minecraft and try and make walls based on those images [NOT AN EXACT COPY].

Terrain

The terrain is basic, it does not compliment the building whatsoever. You need to incorporate hills, ditches and the likes into your castle. It makes for better looking builds and overall a better looking castle.

Use of Blocks

The use of blocks in your build is poor. For your walls, the part that is stone. You have no incorporation of any type of mossy cobble, stone brick, mossy stone brick or cracked stone brick. If you had incorporated these into your wall it would make it look more detailed. But still not of a high standard.

Depth

CreativeMCRealms made a good blog about how to add depth to your builds, you should really read it!

First of, I'd like to point out that every wall is flat. These is no depth, no sense of shadow or light. It is all one depth. I suppose I'll leave it to the blog to show you how important depth is and how it effects builds.

Overall plan

Now, to investigate a plan you want to look at your objective. Basically what you have made here is "Castle Siege" from Mineplex. I quote from your project.
Lord of the rings siege is a pvp based minigame, made with redstone. The game has 2 teams, Mordor and Rohan. During the game, Mordor will attempt to siege Rohan's castle, and kill their villager king.

Mineplex castle siege is two teams, the undead and the knights. The undead have to try and storm the castle and kill the King. In your game Mordor, which very much resembles undead has to siege a castle, basically the name of the Mineplex game and it has to kill the Rohan King. Rohan being very much like a Medieval knight realm.

The thing about Mineplex's castle siege which sets it apart from things like this is that it actually has a plan. There are three routes to get to the castle. The waterfall, the wall and the main stairs. Then there is a push to blow the wall or break through the gate. In this you have a bridge, which is sheltered, [Flat bridges aren't sheltered]. You have the first gate, which looks to be iron. Then once you push through that you're into what looks to be the farms area where you have to get through another gate. Once through that then your into the main area where I suppose the King is at his throne.

Analysing this I come to the conclusion that there is only one way to get to the King. That it through the gates. This lack of variation in the ways to kill the King will lead to the game becoming stagnant and boring after a few minutes. While Mineplex offers a range of ways to try keeping it new and exciting.

If you read all that and actually take from it then PM me and I'll help you out! It's a plagiarized idea but still, achievable.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome