Mac Version 1.11.2 - Right Click No Longer Works

rchesterton's Avatar rchesterton2/26/17 6:09 am
1 emeralds 369 2
2/26/2017 6:59 am
rchesterton's Avatar rchesterton
I have to start off by saying that I am writing on behalf of my son (8 years old) who uses my (iMac) to play Minecraft. He has been using the control + click to use the "right click" features (like in Bed Wars he goes to some type of character that allows him access to items he can use in the game) but he can only gain access by right clicking. We have tried several types of external mice as well - no luck. It USED to work - then suddenly it did not.

I googled and googled it for him. I have been looking for any help on Mojang, another Minecraft forum, even twitter...no responses. Is it that nobody uses a mac to play Minecraft? Please help, if you can. It is very frustrating for him - but mainly for me!

Thanks in advance.
rchesterton
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/26/2017 6:59 am
Level 1 : New Miner
rchesterton
Thanks - I have tried the mouse made for windows (with a traditional right and left button) and have hesitated to purchase the parallels program that I believe is required to run boot camp for the second OS (windows) on my mac. Not sure how to install a virtual machine but will look into that.

That said, can you (or anyone else) verify that this is something that has been happening to others and it is not just me / my machine? I have tried on my MacBook pro as well - same thing - intermittent right click.

My son mentioned that it used to work all the time. Should I downgrade versions before going through the trouble of making my mac behave like a windows machine (stop the madness!)?

I have considered moving him to an older version but since using 1.11.2 I cannot seem to locate the profile editor to do so. Any help there, too, would be appreciated.

Many thanks!
02/26/2017 6:28 am
Level 26 : Expert Network
DimitriTheFox
Since Microsoft bought Mojang I've many bugs on the mac, knowing Microsoft they ain't going to fix it. What you can do is trying to install a Virtual Machine with windows on it. Or trying a mouse made for windows pc's. If these 2 options don't work you can try installing windows on your mac as a second OS. This shouldn't be too hard to do: https://www.howtogeek.com/186907/how-to-install-windows-on-a-mac-with-boot-camp/ I hope this helps.

[I'm speaking out of my own observations an knowledge, I'm in no way associated with Planet Minecraft nor Mojang.]
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome