Making a texturepack need your help :)

crazyac3's Avatar crazyac36/26/16 1:22 am
1 emeralds 430 8
7/1/2016 11:04 am
crazyac3's Avatar crazyac3
Ive been working on this texture pack a for about two weeks and i have figured out the basics of adding the textures in and it works and decided to go a little further and make multiple textures for each block. i have successfully done it for the normal blocks like cobble, woods, dirt/grass and also managed to get it to work for half slabs and all the wooden stairs but for some reason when i do the cobblestone stairs it doesnt work i figured out that in the blockstates and models folders they are called stone stairs but i still cant get it to work.

-Crazy
crazyac3
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/01/2016 11:04 am
crazyac3
do you know of a way to make it so that if you a have log block like oak log can you change the texture to only one side instead of it applying to the four sides of the log so like you can have a wood knot on only one face of it
06/29/2016 1:27 am
crazyac3
oh i see now i got it to work thanks will look heaps more organized just a lot of files to change tho aha but it will be worth it for it to look nicer and easier to look at
06/28/2016 12:53 pm
crazyac3
yeah i have been naming my multiple textures with _0, _1 and do you mean make a folder inside the models\blocks and call it like wood and put all the alt woods inside it? oh and also sorry for late reply it doesnt send me notifications and wasnt cheeking it
06/26/2016 4:49 am
crazyac3
dont worry i missed a comma i have it working now aha when youre looking at a stair blockstate file with 4 texture variants its easy to miss a single comma
06/26/2016 11:22 am
Level 45 : Master Engineer
usa
yep, its usually something simple like that
06/26/2016 2:31 am
crazyac3
the problem i am having is that i have multiple cobblestone textures e.g coblestone_0 to _3 and i have managed to change the texture of the cobblestone stairs but only to one of the 4 multiple texture when i try and make it use all of the textures it turns black and purple i can send you the code if you like to see what i have done wrong
06/26/2016 11:25 am
usa
also, if I could give you some advice, your models and textures folders will become absolute messes if you don't do this: if you make multiple models / textures for a block, just put them in a folder of the block's name and then you can name the individual blocks "0", "1", "2", etc. that way when you're adding their directory to a blockstate file or model file you can just write like "block/cobblestone/0".
06/26/2016 1:37 am
usa
I have made a very rigorous tutorial for this, I am also pretty good with resource packs. could you explain what exactly goes wrong with the cobblestone stairs? is it showing the default texture, purple and black, etc??
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome