Mars Mining Management | Open-World Adventure Map

rrenode's Avatar rrenode3/23/17 10:40 pm
1 emeralds 487 3
3/24/2017 4:52 pm
rrenode's Avatar rrenode
I'm a sucker for tycoon like games that happen to be open-world; as well as Mars and space it self. Thus I've though of an idea(one that is in the process).

I also love Borderlands. Why am I telling you this? I am stating this because a company from the game added to some of the inspiration to this.

Anyway let me get to the point. If you've ever played the game, you should know about the Atlas Corporation(mostly from Tales from the Borderlands). They're an interplanetary mega-corporation involved in the development and manufacturing of everything from spaceships and star-drives to small arms.

Now taking what they are, I plan to have the player be an employee or associate of their's. The player is a miner that either works for them or just sells to them.
Key planned features:
  • - Open-World
  • - Singleplayer
  • - Expansive Base
  • - Optional Story
  • - Custom 2000x2000 map
  • - Custom Textures
  • - So Many More!

With that, I have a few questions for you. This is solely your opinion!!
1. What you think with the idea?
2. Anything to add?
3. Are you willing to play the map?

[I plan to add more to this once I get some feed back]
rrenode
Level 1 : New Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/24/2017 5:58 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
PokemonArmy114
Honestly, I've either had too much Red Bull, or i just cant stop thinking about stuff.
I have a good storyline for this, if you want it .
(Also, this narration is set from the Player's point of view)

The story is set in 2176 A.D
Its been Twenty - Five years since i've been here. Twenty Five years after the Calamity. One of the few who dare to still have their steps on <Planet Name>.
It's a hard life, this one, but its worth the adventure and the recklessness. Its worth fighting off Mutations and the regular animals, and even sometimes, other humans.
Its because they helped us get out of this mess of a planet. Atlas Corporation (Cutscene of their biggest vuilding or something), The ones who did the best they could to save most of us from the disaster. We called it the End, but they called it a new beginning. Spaceships, Technology, Star - Drives, Vehicles. They had it all under their fingers. Since that period, I've been here, a lone myself, doing everything i can to supply to their needs. After all, Humans have needs, right? But i'm not alone. What i mine, Is over a hundred times rarer than what other can find because they dont look into where the actual treasure it. Its here, on <Planet Name>, and i've devoted my life to finding all i can. Just for the Monet, of course. Now, Lets not bore ourselves, shall we? Time to get to work (OG music plays in the backround and the map starts)
End Storyline

I hope you loved this alot! If you need anything else to be thought, you can always contact me thru this account, and if you need even more i'll throw in my skype
03/24/2017 3:36 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Fox
Foxy
What sort of custom NPC functions would you need that aren't currently possible in the game?

(Also those last two options in the poll don't exactly fit the question.)
03/24/2017 4:52 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
rrenode
Custom NPC just makes the map making process s much easier. Dialog and NPC path functions are possible, though with a lot of coding(Command blocks). Quest are a whole another thing. They require so much coding. With all that, time is also a factor in my life. I'm only a Sophomore in High School.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome