Medieval City Project - We still need Builders!

FranticOwl's Avatar FranticOwl8/27/14 10:54 am
1 emeralds 309 8
9/21/2014 12:25 pm
PolishPlayer34's Avatar PolishPlayer34

Ravalis Empire is not just a project, but a thriving city. It will feel like you've stepped into a whole different world(Or so we hope).

We've started this project just a few weeks ago and are planning to finish it by the end of September/mid-October. Right now we are at 30% completion and in order for us to meet the deadline we need extra builders. Hence we need your help.

We are in need of skilled builders who are able to build at a great deal of detail.
Here's a sneak peak of one of the Housing Districts:

Terraformers, landscapers, ship makers, Interior designers among other types of builders are needed.

The City's Purpose
Not only will we be using this massive city as a spawn for our upcoming Towny server but also to help other builders find inspiration and new ways to improve their style. We will also, at a later point in time, build other cities around it to it in a Purely Roleplay gamemode.

Some Details About the City...
It is set in a custom terrain of 12000 by 12000 blocks with 7 different terrains all of which have custom trees, plants and rocks. The City can be split up into 3 main sectors(Farms, Harbor and City Central), several smaller ones and then a special sector which will contain the Castle, military grounds and training areas.
In total it will have more than 16 districts and over 1000 unique buildings.

As you can see we still have plenty to do.

If you are interested in helping us finish this project and want to be part of the server's buildteam please fill in the application below:

IGN:
Skype: [This IS required. If you need an account --> google]
Building Skill(1-10):
Preferred Build Style:
Area of expertise(boats,houses,gardens,etc):
Part of a build team?(Now or in the past):
Can you work well with/under others?
Daily play time/dedicated time to team:
What makes you unique?
Proof of work?:
FranticOwl
Level 20 : Expert Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/21/2014 12:25 pm
Level 47 : Master Architect
PolishPlayer34
Please In the Lords name dont Call it a Medieval city Call it Please fantasy i lost my time cause of that :/
09/20/2014 11:27 am
FranticOwl
Bumpity: We have some spots open for more Builders!
08/28/2014 9:11 am
FranticOwl
PolishPlayer34
PolishPlayer34IGN: PolishPlayer34
Timezone: CET
Building Skill(1-10): 8 or 9 you choose
Preferred Build Style: Brick Gothic, Gothic, Baroque, Renaissance, Islamic, Tibetan (Mostly Brick- Gothic)
Area of expertise(boats,houses,gardens,etc): I am very good in building Churches
Part of a build team?(Now or in the past): Im not Part of a Build-Team
Can you work well with/under others? Yes
Daily play time/dedicated time to team: 3 to 5 or more hours per day should be possible
What makes you unique? I Can build in the Old Styles how they was that means Brick gothic for example will use it common ressources its typical architecture style (Im not a fan of fantasy buildings)
Proof of work?: http://imgur.com/a/zlh3J#75

We're not quite sure whether if you will be able to adapt to the medieval style of the city but we'll give you an in-game assessment just in case.
Please add me on Skype at FranticOwl so I can give you some info like the IP and how the in-game assessment will be.
08/28/2014 9:07 am
FranticOwl
BaconBrainzz's Application
BaconBrainzzIGN BaconBrainzz

SkypeBaconBrainzz

Age14

TimezoneEastern standard time

Building skill6.3

Preferred styleAny you need me for

Area of expertiseExterior [outside]

Part of a build team?Past

Can you work well with others?Yes

Daily play timeAt least an hour a day

What makes me unique?Most builders specialize in interior, or gardens of some sort. Some are good all around. But what i can do is, i can give tips and tricks to making the build look better with pointless detail. I was once told, "Pointless detail is not pointless until you look at it". Meaning the pointless detail is more value than the actual structure itself, making pointless detail, not so pointless if you go deep into the meaning. But, that pointless detail is what i use. I make weird designs that help with my builds, because if makes it so the build itself isnt such a broad color. I can make exterior look real, and gardens look like gardens. Im a decorator, which is weird because normally interior builders are decorators.

Proof of work?No sorry, i do not take screenshots of my build.

You have a unique skill that might come in handy in a lot of places in the city.
Congrats! You've been accepted!
Please add me on Skype at FranticOwl so I can give you some info like the IP and how the in-game assessment will be.
08/27/2014 3:51 pm
FranticOwl
Thanks for the replies so far, I'll contact you within 2 days so please bare with me.
08/27/2014 12:08 pm
Level 47 : Master Architect
PolishPlayer34
IGN: PolishPlayer34
Timezone: CET
Building Skill(1-10): 8 or 9 you choose
Preferred Build Style: Brick Gothic, Gothic, Baroque, Renaissance, Islamic, Tibetan (Mostly Brick- Gothic)
Area of expertise(boats,houses,gardens,etc): I am very good in building Churches
Part of a build team?(Now or in the past): Im not Part of a Build-Team
Can you work well with/under others? Yes
Daily play time/dedicated time to team: 3 to 5 or more hours per day should be possible
What makes you unique? I Can build in the Old Styles how they was that means Brick gothic for example will use it common ressources its typical architecture style (Im not a fan of fantasy buildings)
Proof of work?: http://imgur.com/a/zlh3J#75
08/27/2014 11:16 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
BaconBrainzz
sorry lol, first time using color text
08/27/2014 11:16 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
BaconBrainzz
IGN BaconBrainzz

SkypeBaconBrainzz

Age14

TimezoneEastern standard time

Building skill6.3

Preferred styleAny you need me for

Area of expertiseExterior [outside]

Part of a build team?Past

Can you work well with others?Yes

Daily play timeAt least an hour a day

What makes me unique?Most builders specialize in interior, or gardens of some sort. Some are good all around. But what i can do is, i can give tips and tricks to making the build look better with pointless detail. I was once told, "Pointless detail is not pointless until you look at it". Meaning the pointless detail is more value than the actual structure itself, making pointless detail, not so pointless if you go deep into the meaning. But, that pointless detail is what i use. I make weird designs that help with my builds, because if makes it so the build itself isnt such a broad color. I can make exterior look real, and gardens look like gardens. Im a decorator, which is weird because normally interior builders are decorators.

Proof of work?No sorry, i do not take screenshots of my build.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome