Minecraft alpha 1.2.6, would you play?

Mojkoo's Avatar Mojkoo5/2/16 11:47 am
1 emeralds 1.3k 22
5/5/2016 11:06 am
Leeberator's Avatar Leeberator
Hello my name's Mojko, and I'm here to ask a simple question,
if a 24/7 hosted alpha server was made, would you play?

I'm asking this question so I know where I can set the price tag of how many GB's of RAM I need
So,
if an alpha 1.2.6 server got created, would you play?
You can read more about the project here: http://nostalgiaproject.enjin.com/forum/m/38038637

NOTE: THE SERVER ISNT UP! THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT!
Mojkoo
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/05/2016 11:06 am
Level 46 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
After playing around with alpha 1.2.6 for a while, I think I'd prefer playing something like beta 1.2, which is when they adjusted tool/armor durability to the values we have today. In alpha 1.2.6, the durabilities are basically halved in some cases, and more severe in others (like diamond tool durability being 257).

However, I did hear of a glitch called "drop and repair." I can't find any documentation on it online, though.
05/04/2016 5:47 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Konrad
LeeTheENTP
Ren3DM
Joining an alpha server with the new launcher?

Works great. Only issue is you need to put the server in offline mode because Mojang's authentication servers don't handle alpha version requests. The server also can't pull usernames, which will be an annoyance.

Looks like it assigns permanent "PlayerXXX" usernames based on IP address.

I stand corrected.
05/04/2016 5:34 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile
LeeTheENTP

lel... the server is running at 139fps
05/04/2016 5:20 pm
Leeberator
Ren3DM

Works great. Only issue is you need to put the server in offline mode because Mojang's authentication servers don't handle alpha version requests. The server also can't pull usernames, which will be an annoyance.

Looks like it assigns permanent "PlayerXXX" usernames based on IP address.
05/04/2016 5:09 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Network
np2596
It's been such a long time since I played the alpha...i'd give it a go!
Although I don't think many people would join though, but just for fun..it's a good idea.
05/04/2016 5:05 pm
Konrad
I'd join since i miss the beta and alpha days of Minecraft.
05/04/2016 4:59 pm
Level 74 : Legendary uwu
TheOfficialNano
Ill definatly be in on this one! ive been a part of such projects several times in the past, and ive hosted one myself once.
I will never let these ideas die!
05/04/2016 4:56 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile
Ren3DM
_ca

Works fine for me.

If beta 1.7.3 worked, why wouldn't alpha 1.2.6? They are technically the same in the ways of connecting...
05/04/2016 4:48 pm
Konrad
_ca

Works fine for me.

05/04/2016 4:11 pm
Level 23 : Expert Nerd
likn
Ren3DM
LeeTheENTP
Mojkoo
Umm.. I'm sorry I have to break it down to you, but it isnt this easy.
If someone havent played pre-1.0 before, they'll have to go through a process.
First they need to download a pre-1.0 .minecraft folder and then download a "old launcher.exe"
We're thinking of adding an auto-installer that will make this automaticly.
Thanks for all the replies!
/ Mojko

Works perfectly fine for me.

That actually doesn't work for playing alpha multiplayer. I tried it like that on the new launcher on a public alpha server it didn't work but when i used the old launcher it worked.

Works fine for me.
05/04/2016 4:09 pm
Konrad
LeeTheENTP
Mojkoo
First they need to download a pre-1.0 .minecraft folder and then download a "old launcher.exe"
/ Mojko

That actually doesn't work for playing alpha multiplayer. I tried it like that on the new launcher on a public alpha server it didn't work but when i used the old launcher it worked.
05/04/2016 4:04 pm
likn
Mojkoo
It's very easy to downgrade nowadays. Just create 2 profiles and to switch between modern and alpha, you just need to click the profile.

/ Mojko

It's fairly easy and requires just a few clicks
[yt]vCtpcDWeQYM[/yt]
05/04/2016 12:17 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Mud_Puppy
MojkooWow this thread blew up fast

I don't think it's a good idea. You might get a few people here and there, but the vast majority of people (probably close to 85-90%) won't want to downgrade their client all the way to an alpha version just to play on a server.

I dont want the community to become too big. 5 players is actually enough for me. I just need enough active players to support the server hosting

It's very easy to downgrade nowadays. Just create 2 profiles and to switch between modern and alpha, you just need to click the profile.

/ Mojko

You can do it way easier by just going on the profiles part of the launcher...
05/04/2016 12:04 pm
Leeberator
Mojkoo
/ Mojko

05/04/2016 2:17 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Mojkoo
Wow this thread blew up fast

I don't think it's a good idea. You might get a few people here and there, but the vast majority of people (probably close to 85-90%) won't want to downgrade their client all the way to an alpha version just to play on a server.

I dont want the community to become too big. 5 players is actually enough for me. I just need enough active players to support the server hosting

/ Mojko
05/03/2016 11:29 pm
Leeberator
I'd play on it, though alpha 1.2.6 doesn't run nearly as well as more recent versions.
05/03/2016 4:48 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
Aleja
05/03/2016 5:26 pm
likn

Anyways, in the past I have made a beta 1.7.3 server called NostalgiaCraft. It was a pretty big success and got around 12-14 players sometimes. It is now closed, however I think it would be nice if you made a Minecraft alpha server. I would play on it
05/03/2016 5:37 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
Aleja
True, and I do agree that it is a good concept. I just cannot see it becoming anything big or surpassing a playerbase of 20-50 users. Feel free to disagree with me, but that's simply my opinion.
05/03/2016 10:07 pm
likn
I agree. I think the higest amount of players you'll get on at a time is 30. Not a lot of people on Minecraft these days will want to play on an old server. When I created a server that was beta 1.7.3, a friend asked me "why would you want to play on an older version of minecraft it doesn't make sense" and the community is changing with people who didn't play back in beta so they won't like it/get why people would want to play older versions.
05/03/2016 4:46 pm
Level 29 : Expert Explorer
prototype464
I would definitely play, nostalgia is a great thing. I hope this server becomes a great success.
05/02/2016 12:09 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Architect
its_notjack
I'd probably give it a try, for nostalgia value, but I'm not sure how long I'd consider staying. I'm sure others would regularly come though
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome