MC City Server / No Builder App / UPDATE!!!

Xeron's Avatar Xeron4/13/14 8:23 am
1 emeralds 1.2k 35
4/19/2014 4:30 am
Xeron's Avatar Xeron
Hello all!

UPDATE!!!!!!
WE HAVE A SERVER!!
ip: 50.7.229.218:26058

Thank's for all the replies/votes! They really do help!

I want to get this server up as soon as possible so if anyone can help me host the server it would be great! If you're a hosting company and you're willing to host the WHOLE server for me, then I will be glad to advertise you on our website and the server frequently! Please reply to this thread or Private Message me if you're willing to help!

I am here today to present to you my idea for a Minecraft City Server! This is a modern city, not medieval. Once built, we will add all fundamental plugins for the server, like economy etc. ANYONE WOULD BE ABLE TO BUILD FOR THE CITY! There is no builder application/whitelist!

Ok so basically, the way this would be built would be:

• We would install the plot me plugin
    A user would be allowed to have 3+ plots to build a building within
    If the user were to run out of plots, they may simply ask a staff member for more
    After a few months of work, the staff members would mix and match the buildings around, so they look like they're in the section they're meant to be in. This is so that the tall and business-like buildings would be in the business area
    Modern-looking roads would be added instead of the wooden ones

We are hoping that this will take a year maximum, if we were to launch the project.
This city will include all kinds buildings, including parks, zoo's, etc.

So, if you wouldn't mind can you please answer the poll and comment what you think, this would be much appreciated!
Xeron
Level 38 : Artisan Blob

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/19/2014 4:30 am
Xeron
bump
04/18/2014 7:01 pm
Xeron
Added that - this is going great so far! 8 users online atm for the past few hours!
04/18/2014 11:01 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Engineer
vampirate07
Another rule should to not build anything inaproprate
04/18/2014 8:23 am
Level 33 : Artisan Dragonborn
ClassyEnglishman
I just went on the server and noticed you have no spawn ! If you want I can build you one , or you can use a spawn that I have already created ! Check out my projects
04/18/2014 10:28 am
Xeron
Yes if you can build us a spawn that would be great!
04/18/2014 7:43 am
Xeron
UPDATE!!!!!!
WE HAVE A SERVER!!
ip: 50.7.229.218:26058
04/17/2014 4:39 am
Xeron
Bump
04/16/2014 12:47 pm
Xeron
Bump! Also I would like to remind you, we really do need a company to host our server! There are benefits for you aswell if you're willing to do so!
04/15/2014 9:23 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
MCTristan101
I think it's a marvelous idea. I'm sorry that I can't host but I would love to join as a moderator, admin or another job so that I could help you. I could host a YouTube channel for the server.
Hope it will go well with the server.
04/15/2014 3:07 pm
Xeron
Ok sound's cool, I'll notify you when the server is up so you can get started asap!

Also, a reminder that we need a server host to start the server! Otherwise we won't get anywhere.
04/15/2014 9:11 am
Level 40 : Master Artist
dakota_485
I'd be happy to help with the residential areas of the city.

I like to build suburban and residential houses and it'd be great if I could help build on the server.
04/15/2014 3:06 pm
Xeron
Sound's good! I'll notify you when the server is up!
04/17/2014 1:00 pm
Level 40 : Master Artist
dakota_485
Thank you Xeron.
04/15/2014 8:29 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Crafter
+Pikachu_Plays+
I can build statues, pixel-art, and my specialty is castles! And i'm on minecraft a lot <3
04/15/2014 3:05 pm
Xeron
Statues could be helpful!
04/15/2014 5:43 am
Xeron
Bump!
04/14/2014 7:28 pm
Xeron
Bump!
04/13/2014 4:28 pm
Majestic Kitten
Thank you. If you could PM me when the server becomes available to me to build on, that would be fantastic!
04/13/2014 4:31 pm
Xeron
Ok, I'll be sure to do that! If you don't mind, can you pm me just saying a friendly reminder as soon as possible saying 'notify me when the server is available', or something similar, so when the time comes I won't forget! Also, if anyone else wants to be notified please pm me as well!
04/13/2014 3:54 pm
Majestic Kitten
I'd love to have a crack at making the train station, seeing as I'm always looking for inspiration/new builds and ideas, a train area would be a pleasure for me to try.
04/13/2014 4:10 pm
Xeron
That's good! I'll keep you in a list so I can start you off with a 'large' plot with is a 2x plot! One problem is that we can not get the server started until next month unless we get a company to support us and host our server for free, where we would advertise them and they would get all donations. Just remind me when I'm online to give you a big plot!
04/13/2014 2:10 pm
Xeron
Thank's for all the replies/votes! They really do help!

I want to get this server up as soon as possible so if anyone can help me host the server it would be great! If you're a hosting company and you're willing to host the WHOLE server for me, then I will be glad to advertise you on our website and the server frequently! Please reply to this thread or Private Message me if you're willing to help!
04/13/2014 12:55 pm
Xeron
I would like to stress the fact that there are NO builder applications, meaning that anyone can join and build on the server!
04/13/2014 9:05 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Network
LJRex
I would love to help out, if you want check out my builds to see what you think I will be able to help you with.
04/13/2014 9:08 am
Xeron
There is no reason for me to check your builds, anyone can build! We won't ban you if you're bad at building, or punish you in any way! On the other hand, if you ARE really good at building and we see you online often, you may be rewarded with a +Builder account (or similar, we are still thinking of the name for it), which will give you access to allow people to have larger plots, upgrade someones maximum plot allowance, use wand, and similar!
04/13/2014 8:51 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Network
Namizy
So this is what I am getting at:

Anyone can come on this server
Anyone can build in a plot
Anyone's build maybe used in the final product

If it is, in that case, I would love yo help you guys out!
04/13/2014 8:56 am
Xeron
Yes, anyones build will most likely be used used in the final product - if you think you can't build well, then make something simple! A city doesn't just have massive buildings, it also has suburbs, the train stations, the simple old apartments, the messy toilets, everything!
The staff members, and me, will try to motivate every single one of you to make the best of what you can make! We will never put you down.

Ok if you can help us out that would be great! The more the merrier! I'm expecting to have a lot of people coming onto this server, so the city can be one of the biggest ever made! I would love to see you online!
04/13/2014 8:43 am
Level 26 : Expert Dragon
awesomeoneisawesome
i make statues
04/13/2014 8:45 am
Xeron
Statues? Ok well I guess you could make some statues! it's all up to you because you build what you want!
04/13/2014 8:39 am
Level 26 : Expert Dragon
awesomeoneisawesome
it sounds cool!
04/13/2014 8:41 am
Xeron
That's good to hear!
04/13/2014 8:33 am
Level 23 : Expert Geek
xXIHasADerpStacheXx
It sounds cool, but the problem standing is that not everyone can be a good builder. A city won't have dirt houses, but you have no way to stop such ways. What if, if the build could not meet city standards (However you may wish the standards to be), you help the player build rather than have a dirt house or any other that may not fit the city theme. Just as well, if I were you I would use a choice between medieval village or city highlife.
I hope I was not too harsh, my friend. Just a few suggestions. G'luck on your server! Maybe I'll hop on. ^^
04/13/2014 10:18 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Dragon
RollerdinoGaming
The admins could also just choose the non-crappy buildings, and put those in the city...
04/13/2014 10:45 am
Xeron
That's what we were planning to do - but even some of the 'crappy' buildings would be used, if we could implement them - this way nobody feels left out and everyone feels that they took part in the project!
04/13/2014 8:40 am
Xeron
We will only choose the fit ones, of course. I'm sure everyone who comes online will try their best anyway! If we see a shabby dirt house, we will leave it there until the final two stages where we put the city together! We can also replace it with another building which IS well built, but just edit it a bit.

Hope you understand! Also, I will only be buying the server if most people say they would join, otherwise it's a waste of money. If lots of people say they think the idea is good then maybe even tonight I will release the server for people to build on!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome