Minecraft client laggy in 1.8 but not 1.7?

Yuuuuh's Avatar Yuuuuh5/31/16 4:15 pm
1 emeralds 133
I play on a Pixelmon 1.7 server with no lag and without Optifine. I recently created a Pixelmon 1.8 server with Nitrous-Networks but my Minecraft lags like hell with 1.8 with Pixelmon and Forge, unlike 1.7. I tried using Optifine but it showed little improvement. I have checked my background processes and made sure nothing was taking up my memory and also allocated 4 GB extra (5 GB total) to the profile on my Minecraft launcher but it showed only slightly more improvement then made my Google Chrome not respond so it did more damage than help. If I lower the allocated RAM to 4 or under it shows no improvement.
I have an Intel Core i5-4210U 1.7GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz with 6 GB memory 64-bit operating system laptop. I know I am fully capable of running Pixelmon and Forge in 1.7 even without Optifine, so what's up with 1.8?
Also, I have trouble even reaching the server list in my client so I know it's NOT the server. The server might be laggy as well, but I can't even tell right now because I lag no matter where I am in Minecraft. I can't improve the server until I improve my own Minecraft game.
I would use 1.7, but Nitrous-Networks does not seem to have any Bukkit or PixelmonCraft support for 1.7.10 so I am stuck with 1.8.
Can anyone recommend something else I can do to majorly improve the performance or tell me what I am doing wrong?
Using Pixelmon version 4.1.4 with Forge and Optifine for 1.8.X
Yuuuuh
Level 1 : New Blacksmith