Minecraft | Commands vs Plugins | Do you want to learn them?

TheEnderEnchanters's Avatar TheEnderEnchanters1/22/17 7:48 pm
1 emeralds 611 7
1/25/2017 9:38 am
TheEnderEnchanters's Avatar TheEnderEnchanters
Welcome fellow enchanters, in this post I want to make a few statements that maybe everyone doesn't agree with and ask for a little help. So, here it goes, I want to know what type of mini game is more fun plugin operated or command block operated. Personally, I like command block games more just because of all the stuff you don't see in other mini games that use plugins. Plugin games can be fun but most of them seem to rely on PVP and there is absolutely no strategy but that is another cool thing about the command block mini games, they are all about the strategy you use.

My ideas about why there are not more of these games is simple, no one knows how to make them. There are so many you tube videos about commands and command blocks but not really on how to turn them into a game like Missile Wars or Monster Industries, etc. Anyway, I want to know a few things if you may answer the questions below it would be a huge help.

1 Which mini game plugin/command do you enjoy more?

2 Have you ever used commands?

3 Are you interested in learning how to use commands?

4 Do you want to know how to make a mini game using plugins or commands?

5 PM me if you want to know how to make a mini game with commands. I am going to start a YouTube series on it soon, but on my channel right now I have 2 Cool Command videos that are easy commands you can use in Vanilla Minecraft.
TheEnderEnchanters
Level 9 : Apprentice Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/25/2017 9:38 am
TheEnderEnchanters
Please keep posting your opinion.
01/24/2017 7:55 am
Level 71 : Legendary Unicorn
McHorse
1. I don't really know whether the game I played is command block based or plugin based.
2. Of course.
3. I think you meant "are you interested in learning how to use commands for making mini-games," since plain how to use commands is simply a knowledge and understanding of commands' syntax.
4. I would prefer writing a plugin over command blocks since I'm pretty sure that plugin API will give me more flexibility in a long run. Command blocks are pretty limited and don't have full control over the gameplay.
01/24/2017 12:26 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
1. Plugins strike me as having more capabilities in the long run - but command blocks are just another means to a similar end. One is not better than the other by what it is, and the only difference I see, even in your main post, is just who uses it. Capabilities wise they're roughly the same and I rate them equally, though one is harder to do than the other.

2. I'd say so.

3. I've mastered a few. ;p

4. I probably could do it myself if I was into it enough.
01/24/2017 12:24 am
TheEnderEnchanters
Yeah definitely.
01/23/2017 11:10 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Crafter
YMbrothers
1. Plugins, it can do so MUCH MORE than command blocks. (Although I've never learnt it.)
2. Yes?
3. Mastered <--- (lol)
4. For plugins
5. Sounds nice to create a series, but just don't make silly mistake and get flamed.
01/23/2017 12:29 am
TheEnderEnchanters
This discussion is still going please give me your opinion.
01/22/2017 7:55 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Blockhead
Smooth-Cobalt2
1. It really depends. Command blocks mini-games are really cool because they're designed intuitively. Plugin based are much easier and also allow for a ton of more options.

2. Yes, I know how to use a lot.

3. I already know how to use them.

4. I've done it already.

5. I already know how to make mini-games using Command blocks.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome