Minecraft dying

frankenzob123's Avatar frankenzob12310/31/14 11:44 am
1 emeralds 1.5k 35
11/2/2014 6:20 am
AkirAssasin's Avatar AkirAssasin
Do you think minecraft is dying?

I've been playing the game for quite a few years now and I feel that there arn't many changes that come to minecraft every update. Minecraft is also not as popular as it once was. To be fair if not for modded minecraft I would have left this game a long time ago.

Don't hate on me for saying this, but in my opinion within two years minecraft won't be a popular game anymore.
frankenzob123
Level 1 : New Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/02/2014 6:20 am
Level 34 : Artisan Ninja
AkirAssasin
hmm.... I think Minecraft will only die when the players' creativity are gone.
11/02/2014 6:14 am
Level 25 : Expert Zombie
Halorules555
I have gotten a little bored of Minecraft and I have seen lots of people stop playing it. But as well as losing players, Minecraft is getting more and more popular and attracting potential players. It's only been 5 years since Minecraft was made. So instead of dying it will keep getting bigger.
11/02/2014 5:43 am
Level 24 : Expert Archer
Lukerocks1233
i think minecraft is VERY slowly going downhill. I don't really play it much anymore and i mostly play pokemon.
11/02/2014 5:39 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
MissingTextureXD
I'm not sure that it would die yet, there are loads more things to come.
11/02/2014 5:37 am
Level 29 : Expert Birb
Auradyme
I Stopped playing for 5 months, but I recently started playing again, people who knew me on a server before I left went crazy when I came back, others thought I was some famous/popular YouTuber from the way people where acting when I came back XD
11/02/2014 4:38 am
Level 20 : Expert Cake
mcrocks999
10Andrew
SacfluffyMinecraft is just like Cancer and Aids, it's still going strong.

I genuinely don't think you could have chosen a worse way to describe Minecraft...

You forgot a recent outbreak.
11/02/2014 4:32 am
Level 1 : New Miner
ScavengerDCL
I think that it will die out then about 5 years after they will reboot it.
11/02/2014 4:31 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
Cops_Target
If there was no multiplayer then I probably would've quit minecraft ages ago. But I actually agree with you, I think they are out of ideas so they are adding weird things for e.g the new Guardian mob added, like seriously? A fish called Guardian? I just think that's weird, the "wet" sponge? What's that? You put a sponge in water and it becomes "wet" now the sponges aren't use able forever and I think minecraft lost it's creativity since they made 1.7.
11/02/2014 4:37 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Miner
KJP12
Sw=Wet Sponge
S= Sponge

Furnace Recipe.
Sw -----> S
^^^
Fuel
11/02/2014 4:22 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Wolf
Colonellooo
Hah, Minecraft is incredibly far from dying. Sure features may not be as frequent as always but this game is more popular than ever. It has millions upon millions of purchases on PC, iOS, Android, Xbox, Playstation, etc. It's at it's peak of popularity right now. The reason there aren't as many features as before is because they actually have to think about the stuff they're adding before they add it. They can't just run around adding whatever they'd like anymore. The game would get too confusing for new players and it would take up even more space on your hard drive. For example lets say you spend 2 months on a Survival map and a new update comes out. In order to get the new cool stuff you need to make a new map or explore further out and make your world look ugly with mismatched chunks. 2 months later you've progressed pretty far in your new world and a new update comes out. You'd have to repeat what you did the first time destroying all your effort. My point is if they released updates all the time you'd constantly need to make new worlds and learn how to do everything in the new update. Also taking a break from the game for just a few months would cause you to be very behind and confused.
11/02/2014 5:35 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc1280016
[deleted]
11/02/2014 4:26 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Miner
KJP12
Well, not for the big updates, like 1.7, to 1.8. That does take a few months.
11/01/2014 10:15 pm
Level 23 : Expert Spleefer
Lubzy
frankenzob123

I feel that there arn't many changes that come to minecraft every update.

Yeah, the 1.8 update stunk, there were only like, 3 features.

I hope you know I'm being sarcastic.

But really, no, I don't think Minecraft is dying. Nowhere close, actually. I feel like it's getting better and better as the years go by. I dunno wut u b talkin bout.
11/01/2014 10:04 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Sacfluffy
-snip-
10/31/2014 8:27 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Steve
starrynight
This here is not a forum post on facts.

This is your choice.

Maybe you're getting fed up then.
10/31/2014 5:55 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
MinesmashMC
Is this another one of those "Windows Is Going To Ruin Minecraft" threads?
If so, this is ridiculous, we all know that Microsoft won't ruin Minecraft, because that means ruining their reputation as well.

Yes, they may not make the best stuff, but when they need to, they can do great things.

So, just believe that it'll be all good, and it will.
10/31/2014 6:24 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Artist
_Kiyoshi Ryu_
Microsoft not windows... Windows is the os made by Microsoft
10/31/2014 5:35 pm
TeamCraft-Robbie
Well, i believe that Minecrafts popularity will be increased in the near future knowing that there is rumors for a Minecraft movie. Also, the Minecraft community is still strong, and not going down any time soon. To say Minecraft is dying, is just like saying a 20 year old is dying from old age.
10/31/2014 5:34 pm
Level 43 : Master Pokemon
Jacob Rigoberto
Microsoft will probably not change the game at all, they are just here for the money.
Well, after all, the game are losing popularity. Mostly because of rare huge updates, instead of common small updates. Mojang relase huge epic updates, and then they let the community wait half a year to a year for a new even better update. They should relase a lot of small updates, instead of a few huge ones.
10/31/2014 5:37 pm
TeamCraft-Robbie
I disagree with 90% of what you just said, and its Mojang not "Microsoft. Also, don't predict their update trend, it will most likely be untrue, and wont affect the popularity, even if it is true.
10/31/2014 5:30 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Nerd
Irish
I would suggest Microsoft stop the updates at 1.9, then bring Minecraft to 2.0
For the 2.0 update, they could add Username changes and Modding API.

Then? Let the community do its part, Like with Skyrim. No updates means amazing mods.
10/31/2014 5:35 pm
Level 41 : Master Modder
David5886
Microsoft said they do not plan on ever releasing minecraft 2.0, as there is no point into doing so.
10/31/2014 5:37 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Nerd
Irish
By 2.0 I mean rounding off the update numbers to 2.0, not releasing a new game.
10/31/2014 3:50 pm
Level 20 : Expert Toast
EnchantingSea
Sadly I believe you are correct. Minecraft was not as popular as it once was. However every game goes through these phases, eventually I believe it will gain popularity once more.
10/31/2014 3:49 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
GeekyPaul
Maybe it's because I watch Sethbling, but I feel that survival friendly redstone is dying. If we could use one tenth the amount of armor stand functionality in survival, I'd be happy.
10/31/2014 3:43 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Network
WarButter
Is minecraft dying?
Thats your own choice.

Theres no real reason to stop playing minecraft yet.
Minecraft can stay the same as long as the community keeps going.

If everyone gets depressed and stops playing, then yes.

But if we all stand strong togheter and keep playing like were used to. Then minecraft will last forever! Doesnt matter who owns the game. The only thing that makes minecraft, minecraft, is the community.

Keep playing!
10/31/2014 3:33 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
OfficiallBlox
I think it's dying a bit but servers are keeping it alive :/
10/31/2014 1:45 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Modder
Calm_Hawk
I will never get tired of minecraft, because I am a modder, so when I want something new in minecraft, I add it.
10/31/2014 1:01 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Architect
DatMCGuy
Dying ? Minecraft is going as strong as it ever was ! Sure the reason Notch sold Minecraft to Microsoft is because he didn't want to have so much responsibility on his shoulders, as Minecraft as a brand is now worth 2 Billion
10/31/2014 12:39 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Batman
Tabbin
Minecraft dosent need updates.

People will enjoy the state it's in because of all the amazing coders, builders there are out there. Alot of dad's are introducing their son's to this game, for example Paulsoaresjr did a let's play with his family a couple year's back, that's what made me want to start playing Minecraft, his kids like JumboMuffin invited their friends to play Minecraft, it creates a massive chain of people's friends of friends joining. It will never die because of this reason, everyone's going to keep playing it because theres a endless amount of things that you can do.
10/31/2014 12:03 pm
Level 42 : Master Batman
Craftable Danny
Mods. Servers. Updates. PMC. That's what keeps me on. But the thing is, Minecraft is not dying, it is really just moving on to another generation of players. The people we know or used to know are moving on and a new generation are enjoying it. Until you don't see one server, or just a few people, it's not dying. Minecraft is huge and will stay huge for a long time. I hope it becomes like Star Wars where it's famous 20-25 years later.
11/02/2014 12:10 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Cowboy
Jex_Infinite
10/31/2014 12:00 pm
Level 43 : Master Dragon
Bard Bard
if it wasn't for mods I would have quit 7 months ago and I wouldn't have found pmc and I don't enjoy doing much in minecraft I just enjoy building things for pmc.
if I were to quit pmc that would be the end of minecraft for me id play games like Heroes and generals, robocraft and kerbal space program.
10/31/2014 11:48 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Fox
Foxy
Still seems strong to me
it might not be as super amazingly popular as it once was but that doesn't necessarily mean a significantly less amount of people still play it
people join and people leave each day. it might just be that the particular group of people you're usually around have moved on

A large amount of people I know irl still actively play and enjoy it
10/31/2014 11:45 am
Level 42 : Master Nether Knight
10Andrew
I honestly don't know but I am getting ready for the worst. I haven't played Minecraft in ages. I just like to hang around the site.

Saying that, most people in my class still play Minecraft and we normally all play on a server together. What I have noticed is that a lot of people have started moving over to the Xbox and PS Minecraft, simply because it is easier to play multiplayer on a private server.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome