Minecraft "Forge"

Discussion and support on PlanetMinecraft. You can submit feedback here as well as request things to be implemented!

Post Permalink
by Modswanted » 3/17/2013

I want to download mods. But I need a minecraft Forge? People say it has a bulit in modloader. If true Does everyone use the same 1.5 Forge? If this is also true Can someone post me a link? :?:
Level 9
Apprentice Archer

Post Permalink
by catspace32 » 3/17/2013

forge modloader and modloader are different but heres forge (Ad link removed) ... .0.582.zip
Level 1
New Mage

Post Permalink
by catspace32 » 3/17/2013

Level 1
New Mage

Post Permalink
by sed11 » 3/17/2013

Forge allows more mods to be installed, since there are mods made with Forge.
I use it for Minecraft, but I use ModLoader to code, since I'm more used to it....

ModLoader mods should work with Forge.

I'm not using Forge right now though, waiting for a later version, since my game's screen just goes black with it....
Probably just need to delete META-INF, although leaving the Forge META-INF folder didn't do anything to my game in 1.4.7.

Creepers gonna Creep!
Forum Moderator
Level 60
High Grandmaster Creeper
Minecraft: cjw12

Post Permalink
by Giraffestock » 3/17/2013

As sed11 said above,

Forge contains its own version of Modloader (known as Forge Modloader (FML)). Modloader mods should work as long as they dont edit Forge source code, so its safest to use zip/jar mods, which mean they only go in the mods/coremods folder. With Forge, you can either delete META-INF or just delete files in it that start with the term "mojang". If your not a developer, always use Forge Recommend Universal. Forge is a lot nice then Modloader, as it adds more hooks and options, and allows custom packages and stuff. It also adds a 'Mods' button to the main page of Minecraft, so you can see what mods are installed.
https://twitter.com/Giraffestock " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Check out my twitter for updates on mods, projects, and random crap I think of.
Cube Modding
Site Moderator
Level 44
Master Narwhal
Says: If your going through hell, Keep going - Winston churchill
Minecraft: Giraffestock

Return to Site Discussion and Support