Minecraft Launcher 2.0 Very Close To Release?

ThisIsMystic's Avatar ThisIsMystic10/24/16 5:19 pm
1 emeralds 1.1k 17
10/26/2016 9:26 pm
ThisIsMystic's Avatar ThisIsMystic
Hello!,

Today the MC Launcher has updated and I imagine that the next update will be 2.0 and I am excited to see all the goodness that awaits, The question is, are you excited for the 2.0 Launcher?

Poll:
http://www.strawpoll.me/11499034

Image:
http://imgur.com/a/JwIiL
ThisIsMystic
Level 45 : Master Answer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/26/2016 4:05 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Mage
XBlack_LeopardX
Latiodile
XBlack_LeopardX
LatiodileYou don't use mods, so you have no need for it

i use mods all the time for the past 4 years and have never once seen the need for multimc

It's essential if you do a lot of modpack creating and general experimenting with every version, not to mention every instance is like its own .minecraft folder, so they don't interfere with eachother

I know what it can do but the way i install everything i sort every program on my computer on a different hard drive from the default locations so as for minecraft i just have different folders for versions and i make tons of different modpacks to play with my friends, my personal opinion was just that i didnt care for the design style of multimc its not a bad program i just have always prefered to sort my own stuff in relation to modded minecraft
10/26/2016 1:28 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile
XBlack_LeopardX
LatiodileYou don't use mods, so you have no need for it

i use mods all the time for the past 4 years and have never once seen the need for multimc

It's essential if you do a lot of modpack creating and general experimenting with every version, not to mention every instance is like its own .minecraft folder, so they don't interfere with eachother
10/26/2016 7:46 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Necromancer
Noctris
Its just a launcher... Nothing to be excited about, maybe a few new options and a design lift. but thats about it... why should we be so hipped about a launcher? Its like a new version of a browser..
10/26/2016 5:54 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Network
Flappo
I already downloaded the new launcher.
The fact you can change skin in the launcher now is fun, and everything in place with a better more material (minecraft.net) design. I'm not a fan of the new minecraft.net design but this looks decent. The font is a little confusing, they should keep the Minecraft font for minecraft itself only. And some features are just missing or hard to find. But they finally added an option to remove an account or fast change from accounts. So I guess it's a bit mixed feelings, they still got a lot to do on it but it's heading the right way. But for now I'll just use the old one.
10/26/2016 5:16 am
Level 40 : Master Explorer
avrona
Not everyone uses PMC though. In fact, when I want to change my skins to test I new one I made or something, I still go on the MC site. And don't forget about having a more efficient looking launcher anyway. Plus another thing I always hope for in any updates for Minecraft, if it's main game or launcher, I want it to have more features for vanilla. I have a vanilla, not survival or creative server, so anything that could help with that would be awesome. Maybe a built-in NBT editor or something?
10/26/2016 5:09 am
Level 39 : Artisan Droid
Scott
avrona
as for the launcher i dont feel like a 2.0 will bring any big change or be worth hype

It has been confirmed though it will allow you to change your skin directly from there.

Wow. Big deal. Not like it was already easy enough with places like PMC having an apply to skin button lol...
10/26/2016 4:28 am
avrona
as for the launcher i dont feel like a 2.0 will bring any big change or be worth hype

It has been confirmed though it will allow you to change your skin directly from there.
10/26/2016 2:01 am
avrona
What's multimc?
10/26/2016 2:12 am
Latiodile
You don't use mods, so you have no need for it
10/26/2016 3:31 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Mage
XBlack_LeopardX

10/26/2016 1:30 am
Latiodile
What's so exciting about the launcher?

I use multimc, so explain this hype to me as i don't understand..
I haven't used the vanilla launcher in nearly a year
10/26/2016 9:26 pm
ThisIsMystic
It is so much better, Allows you to create your own logo for your version, more customization, changing skins in the launcher, new (way better) style, and more
10/25/2016 5:27 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragon
ICEThat
They announced a while back that launcher 2.0 was in production.
10/25/2016 3:24 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Dragon
brostermedia
we are only at 1.6
and even then, update numbers don't work like decimals, for example: we could have v 1.9 and it would go onto 1.10 just like the game itself. maybe unless they make a new launcher and call it 2.0 we might even get to 1.99.9999 if it gets updated a lot.
10/25/2016 3:59 pm
Level 46 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
Surely an update as huge as this warrants a top-digit version change. It's a complete overhaul.

Mojang seems to agree, based on the version number in the bottom left of the new launcher:

10/25/2016 3:56 pm
ThisIsMystic
I heard that update 7.0.0+ (next update more than likely) will be the remake and be 2.0.0
10/25/2016 7:27 am
Level 29 : Expert Blacksmith
striker107
Yeah, this will most likely happen.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome