Minecraft PE Redstone

Discuss the Pocket edition of Minecraft here!

Post Permalink
by Kidmanfive » 7/12/2013

Hi Guys!
you know how every time you mine redstone ore in pocket edition redstone doesn't come out. That's because redstone in minecraft PE hasn't been created!!
so do you think redstone will come in the next PE update?
Level 2
Apprentice Warrior

Post Permalink
by Seivelath » 7/12/2013

Kidmanfive wrote:Hi Guys!
you know how every time you mine redstone ore in pocket edition redstone doesn't come out. That's because redstone in minecraft PE hasn't been created!!

No, I don't.
I don't think celluar devices can handle what redstone can do to a device. It's power is too much for just a phone. The power of a PC or a Mac can handle what redstone has to offer, but I don't think a phone does.
Level 10
Journeyman Scribe
Says: A Person of Infinite Possibility
Minecraft: miner3128
mc_server: Skga.me

Post Permalink
by DD9448 » 7/12/2013

Probably not, because the next update is 7.3, and I'm guessing redstone will be in 8.0 or 9.0.
I'M GOING TO BAKE YOU ALL INTO CUPCAKES.

CLICK IT OR IT WILL DIE. DO YOU LIKE KILLING THINGS? I DO.
Level 32
Artisan Pony
Says: I says something.
Minecraft: DD9448
mc_server: Captain_Dread's Server

Post Permalink
by aman207 » 7/13/2013

Wow you guys must really really hate your phones so much that you want it to blow up.

Redstone is too powerful for a phone/tablet.
Level 34
Artisan Cake
Says: Unix is user friendly, it just chooses its friends carfully
Minecraft: aman207

Post Permalink
by scruffy356356 » 7/14/2013

Kidmanfive wrote:Hi Guys!

i think johann said he would add it but he might only add buttons and levers or something small like that. i dont think he will add dispensers and pressure plates and redstone repeaters yet, or if redstone will be added
YOU CANT ESCAPE ME!
MWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA
Level 17
Journeyman Dragonborn

Post Permalink
by aman207 » 7/14/2013

scruffy356356 wrote:i dont think he will add dispensers and pressure plates and redstone repeaters yet, or if redstone will be added

It won't. Your phone will blow up if it is added.
Level 34
Artisan Cake

Post Permalink
by TechnicolorDalek » 7/14/2013

I hate it when people say something will blow up if it's trying to do a thing that takes a lot of CPU power. People, please. Your phone will not blow up if redstone is added. It would only, perhaps, suffer a low fps for the few moments that a small redstone circuit was activated. Grow up and research.

Level 6
Apprentice Engineer
Says: Thank you, Strax. And if I’m ever in need of advice from a psychotic potato dwarf, you’ll certainly be the first to know.
Minecraft: TechnicolorDalek
mc_server: smp.macgyverland.org

Post Permalink
by aman207 » 7/14/2013

TechnicolorDalek wrote:I hate it when people say something will blow up if it's trying to do a thing that takes a lot of CPU power. People, please. Your phone will not blow up if redstone is added. It would only, perhaps, suffer a low fps for the few moments that a small redstone circuit was activated. Grow up and research.

And what if you do more than a just a small redstone circuit? Your phone will overheat and crash.
Level 34
Artisan Cake

Post Permalink
by TechnicolorDalek » 7/14/2013

aman207 wrote:
TechnicolorDalek wrote:I hate it when people say something will blow up if it's trying to do a thing that takes a lot of CPU power. People, please. Your phone will not blow up if redstone is added. It would only, perhaps, suffer a low fps for the few moments that a small redstone circuit was activated. Grow up and research.

And what if you do more than a just a small redstone circuit? Your phone will overheat and crash.
Overheat and crash? No. Crash, lock-up, maybe. It's not like anyone's gonna be making redstone computers on PE. If you go overboard, that's your problem.

Level 6
Apprentice Engineer
Says: Thank you, Strax. And if I’m ever in need of advice from a psychotic potato dwarf, you’ll certainly be the first to know.

Post Permalink
by aman207 » 7/14/2013

TechnicolorDalek wrote: Overheat and crash? No. Crash, lock-up, maybe. It's not like anyone's gonna be making redstone computers on PE. If you go overboard, that's your problem.

There will always be that one person. And yes your phone will overheat. The phone will try to draw more power from the CPU thus needing more power from the battery. The more power going through the battery, the hotter it gets. Its just like when you use GPS for a extended period of time, it starts to burn your hand.
Level 34
Artisan Cake

Post Permalink
by TechnicolorDalek » 7/15/2013

aman207 wrote:
TechnicolorDalek wrote: Overheat and crash? No. Crash, lock-up, maybe. It's not like anyone's gonna be making redstone computers on PE. If you go overboard, that's your problem.

There will always be that one person. And yes your phone will overheat. The phone will try to draw more power from the CPU thus needing more power from the battery. The more power going through the battery, the hotter it gets. Its just like when you use GPS for a extended period of time, it starts to burn your hand.

Most phones these days have good cooling systems. Some are even liquid cooled. Never, in my life, no matter what you're doing, have I ever had or heard of someones phone overheating.

Level 6
Apprentice Engineer

Post Permalink
by TheDiam0ndCreeper » 7/15/2013

lol all this is, is a nerd fight over over heating, exploding, and dying phones and im just like, who cares if my ipod blows up :P
[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/308925-/"]Image[/url]
Level 9
Apprentice Pony

Next

Return to Minecraft Pocket Edition