Minecraft Vs. ROBLOX:// Making a community

StickerMasterLuke's Avatar StickerMasterLuke3/22/17 2:54 pm
1 emeralds 835 7
7/2/2017 1:33 pm
StickerMasterLuke's Avatar StickerMasterLuke
Which online gaming website of these two is the best place for making friends upon organizing a strong and dedicated community? Minecraft or ROBLOX?

The Story:
The first online gaming website I've ever played was ROBLOX. I played on it in 2009, since I was nine years old. I have found some pretty neat build to survive games where you have to build a sort of fort that would last for a certain amount of time as it protects you from different types of entities which spawn. These entities can tare up your fort piece by piece. The challenge of it was to make your fort as strong and long lasting as you can. There were some VIP t-shirt you can buy to earn some perks and extra/power-up features in-game.
I wasn't much of a person who talks in the age of nine so I haven't really made many friends or people more than a friend in ROBLOX. But I've done many experiments in ROBLOX studio, editing a game. Spawning in myself a sword, and a zombie that tries to kill me. Although it's pretty dumb to fight zombies in ROBLOX compared to minecraft, because ROBLOX zombies hug walls. ROBLOX zombies are not AI's. Maybe now they have finally made a working zombie AI that would require you to script and download the entire place (multiple rooms in one building) or script it to download the place itself. The zombies in minecraft are AI's. They know exactly where to go for you if there is an open. Same applies to all other hostile mobs in minecraft.
In the age of ten I've been wanting to be involved in war clans and learn how to style up and prepare for a fight since I visited Vortex Security. I practiced gunfight a lot, but at one point I was taken down by a person using a melee weapon (sword). There was in some time at ROBLOX where I learned about WASD keys from a friend, or maybe not really a 'friend' just a member of the group. I then used WASD keys instead of arrow keys. I can now walk while jumping. It was my next step of excelling through my capabilities. After a few days later, I learned about zooming in all the way to fight. I was in 'First Person' view. I then learned that there is also 'Second Person' view, the normal 'able to see your character' view as you have to hold right click to look around. I also learned 'Third Person' view, similar to first person only that it lets you look around freely as you roll your mouse, but you can also see your character and zoom out.
There were many unique games that were created in ROBLOX. As some of them 'were', yet 'are' if they are still there, so to say that they are really old now compared to the time I played them years ago. It is so that the 2009 days in ROBLOX were the classic days where not many games show up day after day. It was a few days after few days or week after week. There were many developers, which most of them made several unique games than the other games of what they made or of what other developers made. ROBLOX developers aren't really the same as an administrator. Difference to be told that you can be both an administrator/moderator and a developer at the same time. The very first group that I joined was Vortex Security. It wasn't really a great group. It never became a great group, though it was a big group. It was really hard for a single person averaged by ten people to show up to a training, that they have to keep checking up on the shout, and that they have different timezones other than the person hosting a training. No one ever called a training a 'training session' to make some sense of it. There wasn't many smart people but a few in Vortex Security. Some use lots of profanity. Some even hack the game and was successful in exploiting. People call it 'Exploiting' instead of 'Hacking', because they refer exploiting as to mean hacking only one server to give yourself special features. Real hacking is determined by instantly cracking a person's account. Lots of game in ROBLOX were ruined in some time by exploiters. Exploiters went far from giving them special features to stealing group members and from stealing group members to DoSing a different group's games other than themselves. Some to a few have illegally gained fortune in ROBLOX through the use of 'hacking', yes.. hacking, they moved from exploiting to hacking(well, I did mention that they DoSed a game being unable to be played). Some have scammed other players with very convincing statements that they have a special device installed on their computer that lets you give yourself robux.
However, I have played in games, where I mostly have not seen an exploiter. It was actually near to IMPOSSIBLE in 2009-2012 to make good friends in ROBLOX. But I did find a few in-game who chatted with me. I also found a game in which I befriended the creator. Not a famous creator but he was famous by a tiny bit for some players have come and played his game. He helped me make an obstacle course, where I found a nice music. People liked and completed the obstacle course. But after a few months later and a few updates to my obstacle course, the music wasn't working anymore. I thought I messed something up. I never got the music back. But I also found new and different kinds of music from different games.

I made LOTS of friends in minecraft, but also lost them due to server shutdown. The very first minecraft server I joined was MTCraft where the Owner had a turtle skin. I guess MT stood for Mutant Turtle. I wasn't really a pro in that time, but I actually got someone to fall in my trap. It was very first trap in the very first minecraft server I joined! I had some fun in that server but it wasn't really that 'great'. I managed to make a friend with one person 'Xero_56' who I worked with to making a really high stonebrick building. It took up a lot of cobblestone from mining.
Then, we both got a creative rank and creative mode. The building that we made... wasn't really much of a strong reason of why we got the creative rank. It was mostly because that they need us to help out with the server's building project. I learned that you can place stairs facing upside down.
And so on, my time playing on that server ended... from a ban. I didn't know why I was banned. I was just banned. I don't remember that I was doing anything against the rules. So, I took a break from the computer.

So far as I've seen throughout in the history of minecraft, it is at most that I find that people actually dedicate to minecraft servers upon playing in it. Minecraft is a game where you can build anything you want -- no matter the size of the build as the entire world of 262,144 trillion blocks (262,144,000,000,000,000). There are people who develop servers, people who build on servers, and owners who actually made a community website. These are called online communities. In 2012-2014, I haven't really made a pleasant, fat stay on an online community before. I was sometimes busy or went wondering off to do something else in real life. I was in a server called World5. It had a very good online community with good people and good staff members. It was one of the big, legendary, and amazing servers where it allows you to /fly and build. Griefing wasn't allowed on that server. To rank up you have to build five epic builds. There were ranks such as: 'Architect','Architect+' and one that includes WorldEdit permissions.

ROBLOX is a really poor place to initiatively recruit people upon making and developing an online community there. Making an online gaming community requires a base. A game where the community sets itself to find people who would enjoy the game and have fun playing together. ROBLOX nowadays let you build in studio mode with your friends. That way you can't just build alone and then somehow get distracted and fail to make your game. It does get better as time goes on, for updates that has been going from week to week on ROBLOX.

What do you think?
StickerMasterLuke
Level 9 : Apprentice Ranger