Minecraft screen freezes for 1/2 second every 3 seconds

samthemangaming's Avatar samthemangaming9/6/14 3:44 pm
2 emeralds 39.4k 20
5/11/2015 8:42 am
Killertoad's Avatar Killertoad
since the 1.8 update my minecraft screen will freeze every 3 seconds for about 1/2 a second. this occurs everywhere in minecraft (single player, multiplayer, in the menus etc) I noticed that when I am in the menu the screen freezes after exactly the same amount of time (about every 2.8 seconds) which makes me think this is not lag. when the screen is not frozen my fps is good and minecraft is running smoothly, and when it is frozen everything still moves like animals or npc's and my character (which really sucks in pvp)

please help!
samthemangaming
Level 8 : Apprentice Warrior

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/30/2015 8:02 am
Level 46 : Master Network
_Magno20_
Make sure you are using java's latest version?
04/26/2015 12:56 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Architect
Emiel97
Same, i might have a solution:

What worked for me was disabling Vsync and turning it back on again after a few seconds. But i also have a few worlds where these framedrops don't happen at all, so it's pretty strange.
04/26/2015 12:52 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Cake
cakeface
Illuminati confirmed!
3 seconds = there is 3 corners of the eye.
1/2 = remove the /, which gets you to 12, there is 12 layers underneath the eye!

----

But in all seriousness, this sometimes happens to me. Try reinstalling Minecraft.
04/26/2015 12:24 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Nerd
jccreszMC
I had this kind of mess-up. My trouble was figured out when I realized I was running 32-bit java on a 64-bit PC. I upgraded and it works like a charm now.

As for the processor and graphics, you aren't to expect super-pc performance. They aren't new models.
04/26/2015 11:32 am
Level 25 : Expert Dragonborn
NevetCS
Not enough ram dedicated?
04/26/2015 12:11 pm
Level 40 : Master Architect
nammerbom
Ram wouldn't correlate to his frame drop problem.

What is your autosave time on? There should be an option in the menu that says how often the game will autosave itself. In game, go to options> other > autosave time and change it to 3 minutes. Having it at the default of 2 seconds, or at 20 seconds can cause lag spikes of death (What you are having). You can also set it to 30 minutes, but if your game crashes often you might not want to do that as you can loose some data in your worlds.

The reason the 2s interval causes LSoD is because the game is forced to write a new save to the disk very often, slowing down the performance of the rest of your computer. I assume you are having this problem because it fits the profile of 2-3 seconds fine and then a second of lag, classic definition of LSoD.
05/11/2015 8:29 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Warrior
serdarminecraft
Autosave on the menu?
04/26/2015 12:35 pm
Level 44 : Master Architect
tobbestark
That would be with OptiFine, yes
04/26/2015 1:02 pm
Level 40 : Master Architect
nammerbom
I did forget to mention it, yeah you do have to have optifine to enable this feature. But why wouldnt you have it in the first place? It will boost your fps tons and add cool graphics features
05/11/2015 6:57 am
Level 44 : Master Architect
tobbestark
I'm not using OptiFine but still get around 200-400 fps. And all features in OF is available in vanilla Minecraft, it's only that you can customize it more in OF
05/11/2015 8:42 am
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
Minecraft does not have all the features OP has. If that was true, no one would use it.

I use optifine, for the zoom tool, and because it does make it run a bit better. 1.8 was messing up for me, getting random frame drops, as op described. I gave up on minecraft, and never played it, then I wiped the old verison, and install Minecraft on a different HDD of mine, and now it runs perfect.
04/26/2015 11:24 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Meecro
1.8 drove me insane with the stuttering you describe. 1.7.10 was a fallback but now all the servers are 1.8. Damn!
So I purged all java, and wiped every trace of minecraft, before reinstalling just minecraft 1.8.4. It started up with default settings and worked great! No more lurching. I changed some defaults and the dreaded constant freezing returned! Trial and error pinpointed my issue to FullScreen.

Options->Video Settings->Fullscreen must be ON(it is on by default), or the screen freezes momentarily whenever I pan or move. idk why, but there it is...
09/07/2014 5:14 am
samthemangaming
Afootpluto
samthemangaming
AMD C-60 APU with Raedon HD graphics 1 GHz

That is your problem.

is there any way to optimise it and make it a little better? and I was using the same cpu and gpu before the 1.8 update and minecraft ran fine.
09/06/2014 6:17 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Ninja
Afootpluto
samthemangaming

That is your problem.
09/06/2014 6:07 pm
samthemangaming
Afootpluto
samthemangaming
TheShadbusher
So what exact CPU and GPU do you have?

09/06/2014 6:03 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Ninja
Afootpluto
samthemangaming
TheShadbusherWhat CPU and GPU do you have?

1.8 runs a lot better for me. I got on average an extra 100 FPS with the exact same settings as I used with modded 1.7.10. This doesn't hold true on Mineplex of course, because, well, if you're gonna lag anywhere, it'll be on Mineplex.

my cpu and gpu are new and in fact, I dont think its lag because it is freezing exactly the same even when minecraft isnt doing anything

Saying you have a new CPU and GPU doesn't help us.
So what exact CPU and GPU do you have?
09/06/2014 3:58 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
What CPU and GPU do you have?

1.8 runs a lot better for me. I got on average an extra 100 FPS with the exact same settings as I used with modded 1.7.10. This doesn't hold true on Mineplex of course, because, well, if you're gonna lag anywhere, it'll be on Mineplex.
09/06/2014 6:01 pm
samthemangaming
my cpu and gpu are new and in tact, I dont think its lag because it is freezing exactly the same even when minecraft isnt doing anything
09/06/2014 3:53 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Explorer
Ghost001
1.8 screwed me over also, I usually get a good 100 frames or so, but now I fluctuate between 40-100 with random frame drops and an average of a much lower fps. They probably screwed up the little optimization that the game has. It's like DayZ all ogre again.
09/06/2014 6:04 pm
samthemangaming
it might just be a bug, if it is hopefully mojang will fix it soon
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome