Minecraft Server Hosting Question

joelikeschicken's Avatar joelikeschicken3/1/15 10:42 pm
1 emeralds 743 7
3/1/2015 11:36 pm
joelikeschicken's Avatar joelikeschicken
Say I go to Host Gator and I get a plan, how do i get it to run minecraft servers instead of domains, sorry for short response & heres the link: http://www.hostgator.com/resellers
joelikeschicken
Level 16 : Journeyman Pony

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/01/2015 11:36 pm
joelikeschicken
For anyone who needs to know, you can do it with a Dedicated server!
03/01/2015 11:33 pm
joelikeschicken
Thanks Nathan!
03/01/2015 11:32 pm
joelikeschicken
Thanks ryan!
03/01/2015 11:27 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Architect
Bright_Steel
If you are looking for a Minecraft server host, I'd suggest http://www.websound.co.uk
Their services are affordable and I currently use them to host my server. Cheers!

(I hope it's not against the rules to advertise server hosts, just trying to help out. If it is, feel free to delete my post or I will myself).
03/01/2015 11:21 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
arcprof
HostGator is in no way a Minecraft Server hosting company, their servers should only be used for web hosting. You are able to host a Minecraft server on their services, however, it is against their Terms of Service, in result your service could be terminated with no refund.

CPU, Bandwidth and Disk Usage
Permitted CPU and Disk Usage.

All use of hosting space provided by HostGator is subject to the terms of this Agreement and the Acceptable Use Policy.
Shared hosting space may only be used for web files, active email and content of User Websites. Shared hosting space may not be used for storage (whether of media, emails, or other data), including, as offsite storage of electronic files, email or FTP hosts. HostGator expressly reserves the right to review every shared account for excessive usage of CPU, disk space and other resources that may be caused by a violation of this Agreement or the Acceptable Use Policy. HostGator may, in our sole discretion, terminate access to the Services, apply additional fees, or remove or delete User Content for those accounts that are found to be in violation of HostGator’s terms and conditions.

Bandwidth Usage.
Shared servers are not limited in their bandwidth allowance. Unlimited bandwidth usage is not available for resellers, dedicated or VPS servers, which are subject to the terms of the plan you purchased and can be viewed in your control panel.
03/01/2015 11:18 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Architect
Bright_Steel
I believe this video may show you how: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAmEIeZrWdY
03/01/2015 11:08 pm
joelikeschicken
Anyone?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome