Minecraft server idea, please leave input

Walline's Avatar Walline4/29/16 10:04 pm
1 emeralds 1.7k 22
5/13/2016 12:50 am
Walline's Avatar Walline
I just came up with an idea for a server and I would like to hear back some input. So basically there are 4 different nations or kingdoms. The map is split into quarters for each nation. Each nation will have different perks that the player will get to choose and join which nation they like best. Or they can choose to play without. Each nation will have its own spawn with a certain theme that will have the resources players need. I think I would use this with Factions and have each faction within a nation be allied or maybe have just 4 set factions for each nation. Maybe each nation can elect a representative but will need good amount of players for that. I would also set up quests and implement an RPG element into it.

Please leave feedback. Any sort of comment, criticism, or ideas are appreciated! Definitely let me know if you would likely play on a server like that.
Thanks!
-Walline
Walline
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/13/2016 12:50 am
Walline
Update with some new ideas..

There will be seasons and a season will end when there's only one nation left. Then the map and nations are reset and the players can choose their alliance and start over again. I would expect each season to be at least like 3 months but if not then we can change that because I doubt players will want to lose all their stuff every month or two. There can be elections for each nation for a new leader (or keep the same) either every month or every new season, we'll see. Perhaps an option for mutiny???

That's all so far.

Make sure to vote on the polls!
05/09/2016 12:07 am
Walline
05/08/2016 9:23 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Mage
Pokemon_Maniac
Im not taking sides here, but Azrath said "did you ever host a server?" That's improper grammar, so next time make sure your grammar is proper.
05/08/2016 8:51 pm
Walline
bumpo
05/02/2016 12:17 am
Walline
Thanks everyone for your input!
04/30/2016 4:01 pm
Walline
Yeah for sure minigame servers are where the money is at nowadays. I prefer smaller communities. I think anywhere from 5-30 players would be ideal for me. I'm looking for the experience not solely for money (although some profit would be nice).
Anything is probably better than my towny server i have right now with about 4 solid players.
04/30/2016 1:53 pm
Level 27 : Expert Miner
anonpmc52215
[deleted]
04/30/2016 1:09 pm
Level 20 : Expert Network
Sparthia
Seems simple/boring, no offense.
04/30/2016 4:21 am
Level 47 : Master Bear
Bear_
What Azrath says is the truth.

To add up myself and burst your bubble even more: The idea is not original at all. I've literally seen tons of servers who offer "kingdoms" where civilians of the different kingdoms have special abilities. Even if you would be dedicated, it will be extremely hard to grow out to something big (which I assume is your goal). However, I won't stop you
04/30/2016 6:03 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Artist
RebornChampion
I second this, but the issue is that none of them are big enough for it to be fun (to me anyways).

So if you manage to build a large community then it would stand out and could be a lot of fun, however as he said it will be extremely hard so good luck.
04/30/2016 4:01 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Squaish4816
I think that would be awesome to have a server like that but I think you should also have different colonies for different ranks,
e.g.
The people who have paid $5 dollars for a rank get to go in the swamp outskirts were they get iron tools and armour to start out with and they also get a swiftness potion.
(that was just an example)

And if you would like I can help with the building of it as I love to help were I can.
04/30/2016 2:54 am
Level 24 : Expert Button Pusher
Azrath
Oh boy I have been here for so long(longer than my join date says) and all I can tell you is you are going to waste money on a server which no one will play on. Sorry to burst your bubble but that is the sad truth.

Everyone is after the minigames and similar things, no good old survival, building bases and that thing. That is long gone and forgotten, like 2-3 or even 4 years ago. Your idea looks good on paper but not many would like to learn how to play it let alone join empty server.

Top servers that held first 20 spaces last year are still here and I do not see that changing soon so better turn back before you burn yourself, a advice from server owner from who knows how many and how long servers.

Players nowadays only like to play like CoD, jump in game and jump out when ever you want.
04/30/2016 11:22 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Dragonborn
BestAnarchy
Not true many people love playing survival servers. Just because the biggest servers are not survival ones doesn't mean there are not successful survival servers out there. In my opinion you are giving awful advice, if they never try to make the server then of course it won't do good... Servers take time, you can't just put up a server an expect it to do good without being patient. There are plenty of mini game servers that are not successful too. In fact I'd say more mini game servers fail then survival servers.
04/30/2016 1:37 pm
Level 24 : Expert Button Pusher
Azrath
I am giving terrible advice? I am giving away the cold truth if you want to start a server, did you ever hosted a server? If no than you do not have experience needed to talk about it and how tiresome it actually is.
05/02/2016 9:25 am
BestAnarchy
I have hosted a server 2 years ago and I currently host a server... It is not tiresome...
EDIT: Also when did I say it wasn't tiresome, I said you need to be patient. Just because you weren't able to make a successful server doesn't mean other people can't.
04/30/2016 1:26 am
Level 29 : Expert Architect
Dras
There are a lot of people which when seeing the term 'Factions' instantly get put off so like what a few others above me are saying, see if there's anything better or unique
04/30/2016 12:54 am
Walline
Great ideas thanks for your input guys!
04/30/2016 12:07 am
Level 1 : New Miner
anonpmc1277318
[deleted]
04/29/2016 11:02 pm
Pokemon_Maniac
Well I'm also opposed to using factions, instead I think you should have it where players can work, an create towns with a few premise ones, and you provide buildings for the town and they buy and say where the building would be and it would be there.
04/29/2016 10:47 pm
BestAnarchy
Sounds good and original. But maybe think about not using factions and instead doing something like clans. I say this because I know there are sooo many faction servers and I saw a thread not too long ago where people wanted clans instead. Just my input but I think it would be a cool server.
04/29/2016 10:41 pm
Pokemon_Maniac
I feel like that is a great idea, if you happen to go through with it I could help you build it.
04/29/2016 10:08 pm
Walline
I also have a towny - survival server right now.
Ip: atarxia.tk
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome