Minecraft server plugin/mod idea

Camred's Avatar Camred7/23/14 1:08 pm
7/23/2014 2:16 pm
Camred's Avatar Camred
So I've had an idea for a server game plugin for a while now.

I call it Nations. You spawn in a random world, and build an empire.
In the world are other people on the server, also building their nations up.
Use a map to set the borders of your nation.
Battle for land with other nations.

It's like Towny, but with countries. People can join your country as a citizen and work for your nation. After proving their loyalty to their ruler, they can be promoted to government official who can take the spot of the ruler if they happen to step down or become inactive on the nations server.

War would work with a nation's army going into another nation, sieging the buildings and mines in the nation. You can only go to war with a nation if you do /nation declare war [reason]. There will be a set list of reasons to choose from, such as a trade conflict, rivalry war, response to an insult from another nation,or there's some land one nation desires.

Diplomacy will have commands to interact with other nations or the leaders for some of the nations, such as /nation insult [nation], this can be used to show your dislike for one nation. /nation ally [nation] can be used to send an ally request to another nation. If the other nation agrees to the alliance, the other nation can be called to a war you declare by using /nation call_to_arms [nation] and a call to arms request will be sent to the other nation.

You can trade with other nations via chest minecart, and a book in the minecart with the destination of the goods. Because of this, the nations would have to build a railway through their nation to benefit themselves and the world. Trade would be like, if one nation is in the desert and has a village, it could trade some villager trades for some wood from a different nation. Or perhaps a nation would need some sand, they could trade emeralds to the desert nation for sand. You may also embargo, or prevent goods from another nation from getting to yours through trade by using /embargo [nation]. Though, for this we may need to wait until we have rails that can take you in a different direction so we could have multiple minecart railway paths to go through a nation.

Borders and territory would work as in a factions server or a Towny one, where once you enter another nation it would tell you in chat. Nations can restrict or allow only certain nationalities of people through their borders using /borders [open/close] [all/nation]. This command could be stacked to prevent maybe 2 or 3 kinds of people from coming into your nation.

Does anyone support this plugin idea? Any improvements or questions about it? Don't be afraid to say your opinion about it, I need the support!

*Extra ideas I had after posting*
So I have the idea of instead claiming an entire biome, you can only claim based on how much money you have. You earn money by winning wars and trade, trade if you sell a good you have to another country rather than exchange an item for an item.

When you do /nation claim [amount of money you're willing to spend]. it will generate your area in an abstract shape and size depending on how much you spend when you start.

You'll start off with £3,000 (£ being just coins on this server idea, rather than pounds), which will get you about a 300 block radius nation. From there you can expand with a Nether Star, which you can get by making a Wither in the nether or the End only. Using the nether star, you cna right click and spend money to expand the area you're standing in if it has not been claimed yet. If you claim land on another nation, that gives them a cause for war against you to cancel the claim. If you win that war, you win the claim and it's part of your own territory, and the bedrock border will expand to fit the claim.

The world will not be infinite, however. The world will generate with a 10,000 block diameter and a bedrock wall going to 255 and down to 0 will set as the world border (Or we'll just use 1.8 worldborders)

These ideas are subject to change, however. Any thoughts on these, anyone?
Camred
Level 1 : New Explorer