Minecraft vanilla mods forum / help

hokage3211's Avatar hokage32114/17/15 10:13 am
4/17/2015 11:48 pm
hokage3211's Avatar hokage3211
So I may have an issue I would need to ask for help for later, but I would like to try to get people to a consensus on vanilla mods because if we don't, cross-compatibility may be a problem and allow players to cheat across mods. The thing I am talking about is player's ability to break one mod through another mod by using in-game mechanics. Such as, if one mod gave a player a spawn egg with a certain name, nothing is really stopping them from taking that egg and naming it something else for another mod and cheating the system, this is why I suggest players who make vanilla mods that use custom spawn egg names, make the "RepairCost" to a high value so it takes something like 39 levels to re-name the egg, because at that point they probably earned whatever that spawn egg might give them. If anyone else has any ideas for improving compatibility between vanilla mods, post that here too, thanks for reading!
hokage3211
Level 49 : Master Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/17/2015 1:31 pm
Level 29 : Expert Princess
Hollask
If I'm understanding this correctly (I might not be) Then I assume the OP believes Spawn eggs spawn the mob they're named after if they're renamed in an anvil. This however not the case. It will spawn the mob it is supposed to but named as though through a name tag. As such the issue brought up about renaming spawn eggs as a different mob to spawn the creature it is named after is redundant.
04/17/2015 1:54 pm
hokage3211
Okay, so say people have a spawn egg from one command block contraption that spawns one thing, the thing I'm trying to prevent is if they wanted to just cross over to make another command block contraption--that would get them something more profitable--they would just rename the spawn egg and the system would think that was the right spawn egg and then activate, and the old one would be ignored. This should be prevented with when command block people give players spawn eggs with names, include the RepairCost to be something large so the player can't just do that. Does this make more sense?
04/17/2015 2:56 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Cyborg
Pepijn
I don't think you need to worry so much about people being able to cheat, because if people really want to cheat they can always find a way.
04/17/2015 3:50 pm
hokage3211
Fair enough. Most people seem not to understand what I'm trying to say, but there is one problem I am having with finish up the vanilla mod I am making.
So what I am trying to do is have a minecart basically glide in the direction the player is looking, now the minecart--to be distinguished from other minecarts-- has a furnace-headed armor stand teleporting to it and then being teleported down one block (so it appears in the minecart) 20 times per second, and this works just fine when it's on the ground, but apparently when I have it fly up the armor stand basically just floats down through the minecart and then slowly falls down a little at a time, until it hits any ground and then the armorstand makes a fall damage sound and then teleports back up to the minecart to repeat the process, I have no idea why it would be acting like this, does anyone have any fixes?
04/17/2015 11:48 pm
hokage3211
For future reference for people who might have this problem, I solved it by giving the armor stand NoGravity, and that kept it closer to the minecart, and then it's actually possible to make blocks in minecarts for further decoration. Sorry if I confused you all and might have wasted your time
04/17/2015 11:45 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
Leeberesford55
^^ Lol
04/17/2015 11:43 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
You lost me at "vanilla mod". That's an oxymoron.
04/17/2015 10:34 am
Level 22 : Expert Network
YTCereal
what?
04/17/2015 10:17 am
Level 27 : Expert Dragonborn
okoloto
I don't know what I just read.
04/17/2015 10:25 am
Level 42 : Master Princess
Ms_Raven
I second this...
04/17/2015 10:15 am
hokage3211
Oh, another thing is clearing all nametags from a players inventory that may be a name that the game would detect on a mob, such as a nametag renamed "SummonStructure" should be cleared because it would be cheating, does anyone agree with this?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome