MinePass - Virtual Passports for Minecraft

SovereignMP's Avatar SovereignMP7/25/16 3:08 am
1 emeralds 1.5k 11
9/21/2016 7:50 pm
SovereignMP's Avatar SovereignMP
MinePass is a combination web-app + mod creating simulated passports for enhanced world management and gameplay.

Main site: minepass.netDownloads: files.minepass.netSource: github.com/minepass

Server connectors are currently available for
  • Vanilla (JAR Wrapper) 1.8 through 1.10.2
  • Bukkit/Spigot Plugin 1.8 through 1.10.2
  • Forge Mod 1.7.10 through 1.10.2

MinePass players manage their memberships via virtual passports, and can receive time-limited visitor passes or apply for long-term resident/worker status to gain access to worlds.

Passes are automatically synced to game servers and can be configured to modify game modes, whitelist entries, scoreboards, or other custom commands.

Player Management — Streamlined application process

Player profiles and galleries make it easy to share common recruitment info, and customized pass applications fill the gaps.

Player Profile

World Application Settings

Portals — Now with Discussions and Wikis

Shared space to collaborate with players and manage your world.

JSON Policies — Get creative!

MinePass can apply JSON security policies to your servers, setting game modes, scoreboards, and running commands based on a players pass type and rank.

Existing players can be imported by a connector from a whitelist.json file and matching players automatically offered a pass if/when they join MinePass.

Aether Landings — Promote your world

Worlds receives an "Aether" link URL for a landing page available outside the Portal, containing info, gallery, mods, etc. ... to use in external forums and server lists.

IFRAME world banners are also available, as well as the bbcode [minepass] on supported forums.

Getting in touch
Questions/comments about features, or getting going with the plugins or web-portal feel, free ask on this thread. Other stuff pertaining to MinePass as a whole, features, the platform, or development is probably best handled through the portal forums or Slack channel.

Origins and Future
MinePass began as a fun side-project for a world build and has gone through a few iterations. It's free and open to all players. There is a link to a Patreon page within the portal for players wanting to contribute towards hosting/development.

SovereignMP
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/21/2016 7:50 pm
SovereignMP
September 2016 Updates

A number of updates have been rolled out to the portal and gameserver connectors over the last month. Here are some highlights...

Support for non-whitelisted servers

Instead of purely syncing whitelists, all MinePass connectors now support a range of other configuration options, including game mode settings and custom commands. The setup wizard has been updated with handy policy templates to illustrate different options. This means you can now use MinePass to manage and collaborate with senior players, while still maintaining an open (non-whitelisted) server for new players. Best of both worlds!

Discussions and Wikis
Every world now has its own discussions (forums/chat) and wiki pages

Parallel to that text areas have a new editor. The fields still support Markdown syntax at the core, but now with live preview and handy buttons.

Player Stat

Some basic player stats are now available. Specifically real-world hours played inside a gameserver, and last in-game activity. The Manage»Players list is also sortable by these fields. More stats are forthcoming and will be part of the Achievements expansion.

Offer passes to imported players

Players on your world's Import/Bypass list (importable from whitelist.json by the connectors), can now be automatically offered a pass/role of your choosing if they later sign up for MinePass. The offer will either be made when the player signs up, or directly after you publish your world in the event they had an account before your world was added.

Still curious?

More information on the September updates is available at the forums. You can check out the new features by visiting portal.minepass.net.
07/26/2016 2:38 am
Level 70 : Legendary Engineer
Bertiecrafter
Thank you for the quick support and adjustments to the software!
I will mess around with it in a bit and tell you if I run into problems.
07/25/2016 11:46 pm
SovereignMP
For world owners curious on how MinePass works, but not wanting to try it out on live servers, there are now instructions in the portal's new world wizard for configuring a test world on your local machine. That way you get a feel for how the wrapper, mod, or plugin installation will work on a live setup.
07/25/2016 11:43 pm
SovereignMP
The Vanilla Wrapper now supports sending arbitrary server commands through server policies on a per role basis. Make sure you're using the latest version of the wrapper from http://files.minepass.net

See the following helpdesk article for more information on getting going with the commands: https://minepass.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000013446-configuring-gameserver-policies

@Bertiecrafter Per your original scenario, I'd recommend adding a custom world role for each of your teams, then your server policy for each team would include something along the lines of:
"mc:survival","mc:/scoreboard teams join TeamA $name"

You still need a game mode listed for the role, otherwise that role is considered excluded from that specific server.

I'm not sure the nature of your gameplay, but if players can express a preference over which team (I.E. good vs. evil), then you could open each role up via help wanted.

Otherwise ... you may want to clear the privileges for the "Player" default role (which would block server access), or set it to spectator like the visitor. This would ensure that if you forget to assign the player to a team when you approve their pass that they don't end up running around teamless ... unless you want that of course.

Let me know if you have any questions or run into into problems.
07/25/2016 3:27 pm
Bertiecrafter
Cool, keep me updated! (I am watching this post, but you can also pm me )
07/25/2016 3:26 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Modder
jtrent238
Cool!
07/25/2016 3:17 pm
SovereignMP
Yes, the vanilla wrapper can runs against server .jar files from the minecraft.net website. It is tested against 1.8 onwards, but should work for older. Installation instructions are presented as part of the world setup wizard in the portal. You can setup a dummy world on your local machine to test things out.

Your point is well taken, of course on the flip side fully integrating the scoreboard with the portal is something that should happen at some point. But I agree that allowing arbitrary commands would encourage world owners to get creative with the platform. So adding that feature will be my project for today.

Thanks for the feedback Bertie. Keep it coming
07/25/2016 9:44 am
Bertiecrafter
And am I correct in that your vanilla wrapper is a piece of software, that can run any .jar downloaded from the official minecraft.net website?
07/25/2016 9:32 am
Bertiecrafter
I was planning to use /scoreboard to not only set the gamemode, but also set up the nametag colour (using scoreboard teams), and multiple objectives.

Easiest would be to allow any command, just in case other server owners want to do certain things. (like tp to spawn?)

But the /scoreboard command would help loads for me.
One thing to note though, is that you can't easily provide an option for the command. (unlike being able to give the 3 gamemode options).
Visit the appropriate minecraft wiki page to see all the commands. (Not very efficient to give an option for every single command, compared to giving an input text box)

Click here for the page!

Thanks for your quick reply!
07/25/2016 9:20 am
SovereignMP
It is currently possible to both update the whitelist and set a player's game mode (Spectator, Adventure, Survival, Creative, etc.) using any of the server connectors, including the wrapper for vanilla.

What other vanilla commands were you hoping to execute? I ask because the connectors try to do everything the most direct way possible. So only the vanilla wrapper really deals with commands, Forge and Spigot use the appropriate APIs. That said the tech is there, so anything is possible.

My goal is for this project to be responsive to player needs, so if there's something useful missing, there's no reason for it not to be added.
07/25/2016 8:09 am
Bertiecrafter
So does it only set whitelist, or also allow the execution of commands when a new pass gets approved?

That would be very useful for the vanilla servers out there.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome