Mod Textures not loading!

Cardinal System's Avatar Cardinal System10/17/16 11:17 am
1 emeralds 1.2k 8
5/25/2017 5:03 pm
Cardinal System's Avatar Cardinal System
I am making a basic mod in 1.8.9, but I can't get my item textures to load! I double checked the json file about a thousand times.. I can't find the problem...

Here is a github link so you can further help me. https://github.com/bignose956/PMC/
Cardinal System
Level 31 : Artisan Geek

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/25/2017 5:03 pm
Cardinal System
After so many years, I finally found my problem. It was not the JSON, but in fact the main class. I had forgotten to write @EventHandler above the postinit method xP

Thanks to everyone tried help!
11/25/2016 10:37 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Modder
jtrent238
It would be like this

emerald_dust = new emerald_dust().setUnlocalizedName("emerald_dust").setTextureName("emerald_dust").setCreativeTab(EpicProportionsMod.EpicProportionsMod);
01/04/2017 1:01 pm
Cardinal System
Yeah, that didn't work
10/20/2016 7:28 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Modder
jtrent238
itemgemofepicproportions = new itemgemofepicproportions().setUnlocalizedName("itemgemofepicproportions").setTextureName("epicproportionsmod:itemgemofepicproportions").setCreativeTab(EpicProportionsMod.EpicProportionsMod);

do you have the
.setTextureName("epicproportionsmod:itemgemofepicproportions")

In you code

now this is 1.7.10, and 1.8+ is different, but you can try this.
10/24/2016 9:58 pm
Cardinal System
I am really new to modding and have no idea where to add any suggested code. So where in what class would I put this code? Also, would I change the the itemgemofepicproportions = new to emerald_dust = new? And if so, then what would I change "itemgemofepicproportions()" to in itemgemofepicproportions().setUnlocalizedName?
10/19/2016 9:04 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Paladin
CommanderNeville
Oh dear; I've been working with his 1.9 and up tutorials, so I'm not sure I'll be able to help
10/17/2016 6:22 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Paladin
CommanderNeville
When you have the item in your hand, is it purple and black?
Also, what version are you using? The .json might not work depending on what version you are using. If you're working with 1.9 or newer this .json should work:

{
"parent": "item/generated",
"textures":
{
"layer0": "vt:items/emerald_dust"
}
}

If you keep having problems I suggest looking at Mr. Crayfish's modding tutorials; they really helped me and I think they can help you too!
10/19/2016 6:09 am
Cardinal System
I am using 1.8.9, and yes, it's black and purple. Also, I am currently using Mr. Crayfish's tutorial, but it's not working for me.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome